Carrots and mayonnaise, products are simple and almost always present in the refrigerator.
Cooking a plain salad from them is a task even for a teenager; nevertheless, if you count the number of recipes containing these ingredients, the numbers will go to dozens.
Mayonnaise is an excellent sauce that is in harmony with a variety of components that are quite different in taste, from meat and fish to sweet fruit.
Varying the fat content of the sauce can be adapted to almost any salad.
Carrots perceive “from the outside” also all kinds of flavors, be it herring and smoked sausages, or apples and prunes, serves as an excellent “balancer” of taste and just a bulky filler.
Marinated “Korean-style” carrots, only one, albeit the richest, option of preliminary preparation.
Carrot salad with mayonnaise - general principles of cooking
• Carrots for salad is best to take juicy, sweet and crunchy, with a bright rich color.
• These qualities are possessed by medium-sized, “puzatenky” root vegetables, namely the variety “Karotelka”.
• Depending on the recipe, the carrot is boiled or used raw, you can also buy ready-made carrot in Korean.
• For salads, carrots are cut into strips or crushed on various floats. Salads of carrots, rubbed with thin long straws look more impressive.
• Mayonnaise to save time, take the purchase, but it is best to use self-cooked.
• For the preparation of mayonnaise for a salad of carrots use only fresh produce and neutral oils, and it is not recommended to keep it for a long time.
• Carrot salads with mayonnaise are formed in layers or prepared by portioning the addition of mayonnaise to the main components that have been pretreated and seasoned with salt.
• In such salads, thanks to the “universal” main ingredients, you can add a variety of vegetables both raw and boiled - fresh apples, dried fruits, nuts, cheese and even instant noodles.
Mayonnaise for carrot salad
• fresh chicken eggs - 2 pcs .;
• 400 ml of only the purest refined sunflower or olive oil;
• fine food salt - 2.5 grams;
• 0.5 tsp. mustard;
• 1 tsp. natural, fresh lemon juice or diluted citric acid;
• pinch of grated lemon zest.
1. All ingredients for the preparation of mayonnaise must necessarily be exclusively one temperature, room temperature, so put them on the table in advance.
2. Combine the yolk of one egg with salt and start to beat very slowly using a fork, in circular movements in one direction, adding gradually two drops of oil. It is necessary to pour in each portion only after the previously poured oil is absorbed into the yolk.
3. After some time, a portion of the pour-in oil can be increased, bringing to a thin stream. But again, this should be done very carefully so that the mayonnaise does not curdle.
4. The process of beating should be continued until one half of the prepared oil goes to one yolk. Do the same with the remaining second yolk and butter.
5. Then mix both portions and carefully add diluted citric acid, mustard and zest.
Carrot salad with mayonnaise “Ryzhik”
• three large carrots;
• two small sour apples;
• 300 grams of dried apricots;
• 250 grams of walnut kernels;
• 4 cloves of garlic;
• 67% mayonnaise.
1. Freed from a rough top and peel, washed under a tap and coarsely dried the carrots.
2. Remove the peel from the apples, remove the core with the seeds, cut them into small strips and put them to the carrots.
3. Add the dried apricots cut into small pieces and crushed small walnut kernels.
4. To your taste, salt and pepper with black pepper.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the minced garlic.
6. Season the salad with cooked mayonnaise dressing and mix well, put in a cold place, and best of all in the fridge for two hours. 7. You can add chopped greens to the salad, if desired.
Carrot salad with mayonnaise “French Charm”
• two small apples;
• two large carrots;
• four chicken eggs;
• 150 grams of “Russian” cheese;
• a head of onion, unsharp onions;
• 100 ml of mayonnaise, nonfat.
1. Pour the eggs with water, add salt to reduce the chance of them leaking and boil. Then cool under running water, peel off the shell and finely rub with a grater.
2. From apples, cut off the peel and rub on a medium grater, chop the carrot and grate the cheese.
3. Cut onions and scald for a while with boiling water, thereby removing the bitterness.
4. Drain hot water and rinse the onions with running water and dry.
5. When all components of the salad are prepared, proceed to its assembly. To do this, lay a onion in a thin layer on a flat dish and spread it with mayonnaise. On top of the onions, place the apples in the same layers, then the eggs and again carefully blot with mayonnaise.
6. After all, place the carrot, cheese on it and again apply mayonnaise with a thin layer.
7. Top the salad and garnish with leaves of curly parsley.
Carrot salad with mayonnaise - “Spark”
• three carrots, hard, medium size;
• one processed, high-quality Dutch cheese;
• garlic, fresh, spicy - 3 cloves;
• mayonnaise 67%.
1. Mix the grated cheese with large cells and chopped carrots.
2. Add peeled garlic.
3. Add 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise sauce and mix well; if mayonnaise is not enough, add more.
Carrot Salad with Mayonnaise and Pickled Onions
• four medium carrots;
• small unsharp onion head;
• 2 tbsp. l apple or wine vinegar;
• low fat mayonnaise.
1. Rinse the carrots well under the tap in order to wash off the remnants of dirt and, filling with initially cold water, bring to a boil, reduce the temperature and cook until ready. When cooking in water, you can add sugar, but a little. The carrot will then become sweeter and will not change color. 2. Then cool the carrots, peel off and rub with a thin layer. Carrot looks more beautiful in a salad, if you rub it with a long straw, as for Korean salad.
3. Crumble the onion into semi-rings, the thinner the better and pour boiling water over it.
4. After three minutes, drain the water and pour the onions for a quarter of an hour with vinegar.
5. Marinated onion rings lightly squeeze and shift to carrots.
6. Season salad with mayonnaise, add salt to taste.
“Meeting” - a layered carrot salad with mayonnaise and beet
• three small carrots;
• two small beets, or one large;
• A handful of seedless raisins;
• a handful of peeled walnut kernels;
• 150 grams of “Poshekhonsky” or “Kostroma” cheese;
• 67% mayonnaise - 100 ml.
1. Pre-cook the beets in salted water, and sort the raisins and cover with hot water for five minutes to steam.
2. Carrots in the raw state, as well as boiled beets finely grate, drain the raisins and dry well.
3. Then mix the carrot with mayonnaise, raisins and place the mixture on a plate, spreading it evenly along its bottom. The thickness of the layer is about one centimeter.
4. On top of the carrot, place the finely grated cheese, also mixed with mayonnaise, but with the addition of garlic.
5. Next, lay the beets mixed with chopped nuts and seasoned with mayonnaise.
6. Decorate the top with chopped cheese and whole walnut kernels.
Carrot Salad with Mayonnaise and Green Peas
• two medium carrots;
• 150 grams of green canned peas, brain varieties;
• two small fresh cucumbers;
• 72% (very fat) mayonnaise.
1. Cut fresh cucumbers and boiled, peeled carrots into small strips.
2. Add, gently shaking the container, peas, mayonnaise and mix. Put in a serving bowl and garnish with carrot straws.
Carrot salad with mayonnaise and instant noodles
• two packs of vermicelli “steamed”, instant, preferably shrimp; • two eggs;
• three large carrots;
• for refueling - low-fat mayonnaise.
1. Put vermicelli in a deep bowl, add spices in the pack, without oil and pour boiling water over it, completely covering the briquettes.
2. Boil eggs in salted water and cool them under running water, peel.
3. When the noodles swell, mix it well with the spices, and drain the excess water. Chill.
4. While the noodles are cooling, grate large carrots, cut into small pieces of egg and transfer everything to the noodles that have already cooled down by this time.
5. Fill with mayonnaise, stir and let stand for twenty minutes. After serve.
Carrot salad with mayonnaise and calamari in Korean
• three large squid carcasses;
• 300 grams of carrots “in Korean”;
• two boiled eggs;
• five tablespoons of 67% mayonnaise.
1. Wash the squid, remove all excess and cut into rings for cooking. Dip in boiling water, boil for 2 minutes in boiling water. Take out and put to cool.
2. Strain the brine from the Korean carrot, to do this, shift the carrot to a rare colander or sieve.
3. While the carrot is “dry”, chop the squids and boiled eggs with a salad salad.
4. Mix the carrot with the crushed eggs and squid, add, removing the sample, salt and finely ground black pepper.
5. Add mayonnaise and, after mixing carefully, leave the salad for forty minutes in the refrigerator.
Carrot salad with mayonnaise and laminaria - “Men's Health”
Carrots and mayonnaise mask well the characteristic flavor of Laminaria - seaweed. It is probably unnecessary to explain the benefit of such a salad, it is enough to say that according to the content of microelements and vitamins, the main groups, a 150 gram portion will more than compensate for the daily need of the human body.
• carrots - 1 pc. about 100 grams;
• 350 grams of sea kale not pickled, or in the most light marinade;
• light, 30% mayonnaise, without fillers;
• Herring - 1 pc.
Cooking Method: 1. Coarsely grated carrots salt, sprinkle with diluted vinegar, squeeze.
2. Cut 5 millimeter strips of kelp, mixed with carrots, add salt.
3. Finely chopped lemon pulp is also squeezed and mixed with other ingredients.
4. All this is filled with low-calorie mayonnaise, adding sliced marinated fish, lemon juice.
Carrot salad with mayonnaise - tips and helpful tips
• When picking carrots, do not take sluggish or rot-damaged roots. The finished dish of such carrots will be bitter.
• If the top of the vegetable has a slightly greenish tint, cut it off.
• Peeling carrots, cut off the peel, trying to grab a minimum of pulp, it is in the upper layer, right under the peel, that most of the vitamins are located.
• When boiling carrots, do not peel, it is best to do this after, and the skin will be removed thinner and the vitamins will be preserved.
• Apples are preferable to choose acidic varieties, they will give the salad a special sourness.
• For better assimilation of carotene by the body, dilute mayonnaise before adding with low-fat sour cream or yogurt. This method of filling will also help reduce the calorie content of the dish.
• The simplest salad consisting of grated carrots, light, “salad” mayonnaise and garlic stimulates the appetite and is recommended in “gentle” diets. The same simplest recipe is well combined with a side dish of boiled rice or potatoes. A simple salad will add juiciness to them and allow them to save some calories by replacing meat goulash.