The recipe for cooking Spanish paella is quite simple, now I will tell you how to make delicious paella at home. This will be the traditional Spanish paella with chicken and mushrooms.
If you have been on holiday in Spain, then you must have tasted this tasty Mediterranean dish. Remembering the sun and sea of Spain and delicious local food, one Sunday morning we will prepare a traditional Spanish dish - paella in our kitchen.
How paella appeared and what is this dish
Although paella is considered a Spanish dish, Valencia is recognized as its true homeland. It was in this province that this amazing rice dish first appeared. If you are in Valencia, the locals will surely tell you a legend about how paella was born. They will tell the story of how for a rich gentleman, who arrived in the same village, food was prepared from what each peasant brought. Someone had rice, others brought seafood, others got vegetables. The girls added their share: the stamens of saffron. As a result, they created something extraordinarily tasty, called paella, as the dish was prepared in a deep frying pan.
Paella recipes can vary in different parts of Spain, but rice, saffron and olive oil remain the same. It is advisable to cook Spanish food on the fire, in the fresh air, as the locals do on holidays. However, at home on the stove, we also manage to get this tasty dish based on rice, chicken, forest mushrooms. A dish reminiscent of Spain, its festive atmosphere, the sun, the sea and the smiles of the Spaniards.
What foods will we need for making Spanish paella at home?
Paella for the proposed recipe will turn out to be exceptional, but I advise you to prepare in advance all the necessary products. I describe my paella recipe here, but you can experiment, remove something from the composition, add, or replace. But for any combination of dishes (if you use shrimp, fish, etc. instead of meat), paella always contains rice, olive oil and noble saffron.
Paella Recipe, Composition:
• chicken breast - 300 g;
• boiled forest mushrooms - 200 g;
• rice (preferably medium grained) - 1 cup;
• Onion - 1 pc .;
• pepper - 1 - 2 pcs .;
• tomatoes - 1 - 2 pcs .;
• garlic - 3 - 4 cloves;
• Saffron - 1 tbsp. l .;
• olive oil - 50 - 70 g;
• greens, salt, spices - to taste.
Start cooking Spanish paella at home
- The cooking process begins with the correct selection of the pan. It is advisable to take the dishes deep and wide, as in the photo.
2) Soak the saffron in advance, pour boiling water over it so that it reveals its color.
3) According to the recipe, boiled mushrooms - boletus are taken (but you can take other mushrooms to your taste).
Fry the chopped mushrooms in olive oil. Keep on fire until water is completely evaporated. Remove the finished product on a plate.
4) Wash chicken breast, free from skin, cut into small pieces.
5) Pour some olive oil into the pan, carefully transfer the prepared chicken. Fry until semi-finished and remove on a plate.
6) Peel the onion. Cut the onion into small pieces.
Fry the onions in a pan in oil, where chicken was previously cooked.
7) Release peeled Bulgarian peppers from seeds. Cut each half of the pepper into strips.
Add the pepper to the onions in the pan for roasting.
8. In the Spanish paella recipe, tomatoes are almost always used. Strong tomatoes diced.
Add chopped tomatoes to the vegetable mixture in a frying pan and continue frying.
9) Fans of garlic will surely add to the composition of the paella a few hearty cloves that are perfectly combined with chicken. Peel garlic, chop with a knife (3 - 4 cloves of garlic, can be less, it is to taste) I add just that much.
Add chopped garlic to cooked vegetables.
10) In the vegetable mixture, which is on medium heat, pour in the soaked saffron, add the ground pepper, salt. If desired, you can add paella with your favorite spices (a little nutmeg, bay leaf).
11) Now you need to combine pre-fried mushrooms and chicken with a vegetable platter in a pan.
12) Pour the prepared rice into the pan.
13) Mix all paella ingredients thoroughly. If necessary, add a little olive oil. Be sure to pour in some boiled water so that the rice is stewed and is not dry.
14) Close the dish with a lid. Simmer the paella for up to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, over low heat to eliminate burning and sticking to the bottom of the pan.
15) Finely chop the greens, as in the photo. Add green mass to the main products of the Spanish paella, when it is almost ready. Mix the contents thoroughly in a frying pan and simmer for 5 - 6 minutes.
16) Once the paella is ready, it can be served hot. The spirit of sunny Spain immediately fills the kitchen, and the memories of Mediterranean food come alive with a new force.
Enjoy your meal.
And unforgettable trips to Spain and Valencia home paella.