Beef broth - general principles of cooking
If you boil beef, do not rush to pour out the liquid in which the meat was cooked. After all, this is broth, a very useful preparation for many dishes! On the basis of beef broth, cook soup and borsch, make aspic, mashed soups, served with egg or boiled dumplings. Yes, you are not mistaken! If you cook dumplings in the broth, they will be much tastier than as if we cooked them in plain water. Very tasty for dinner to eat a couple of crackers and drink a cup of broth.
By the way, beef broth is very useful for convalescents, so you can include it in the diet of people who have been discharged from the hospital or have undergone surgery. This dish does not overload the stomach, quickly digested and give a person all the necessary nutrients. Broth is more useful than, for example, pork because beef contains a relatively small amount of fat and a lot of protein.
Beef broth cooks are conventionally divided into red and white. Red (that is, with a brownish tinge), the broth will turn out if the meat is lightly cooked before boiling. In addition to color, the broth will also receive a special flavor. Also, the red broth will turn out if you cook it with the addition of tomatoes or other natural dyes (for example, purple onions).
White (that is transparent) will be broth brewed on the basis of beef with vegetables.
Beef broth - preparing food and dishes
Beef broth is easy to cook. You should not take the bones - they will make the decoction very muddy, and you will not achieve transparency. Take the best pulp or pulp with sugar bone, or just a piece of meat, this will be the main ingredient. However, you can make a tasty broth from the bones, we will tell you below how.
The second subtlety in the preparation of broth is to remove from the meat all the excess, film, tendons, greasy pieces. These elements also make the broth opaque, and you will not succeed in cleaning it. In addition to beef, you will need vegetables - onions, carrots, celery, pepper-peas, parsley, bay leaf. Do not forget about the water. Water is the basis of our decoction, and therefore it must be sufficiently clean. Take the mineral without gas, and then the broth will be tasty and fragrant. Water from the tap is burdened with unnecessary salts, chlorine, and it will ruin the taste of the broth.
Stew broth long enough - at least an hour. So do not hurry, in the preparation of a delicious broth in no hurry.
Beef Broth Recipes
Recipe 1: Beef Broth
Prepare a traditional beef broth, which is tasty both in pure form and with dumplings, with baked croutons or a base for soup.
- Mineral water 1.8 liters
- Beef pulp (can be with sugar stone) 550 grams
- Onion 1 piece
- Meat is thoroughly washed, we cut out unnecessary films and greasy pieces.
- Pour the water into the pan, put the beef in it.
- In a few minutes, while the water is not boiling, add a whole onion (unrefined), salt and peppercorns to the pan.
- As soon as the water begins to boil, you need to remove the film from the water and cover it with a lid. The broth should cook for at least one and a half to two hours, then remove the saucepan from the heat. Broth must be drained and can be used.
Recipe 2: Beef Bone Broth
In fact, broth can also be made from bones. Its advantage is that less time is needed to cook it than as if we were using meat. Ready beef broth from the bones can be used to make borscht or meat soup.
- 1.8 liters of purified water
- Beef bones
- Carrots 2 pieces
- Bulb onion 1 large size
- We put the pot of water on the fire, put the washed bones there, let it boil.
- While the water in the saucepan is boiling, we will prepare other ingredients. Carrots need to be peeled and cut into large pieces. Wash and chop parsley.
- As soon as the water is boiling, remove the foam with a skimmer, put the carrot, whole unpeeled onions and parsley, and salt.
- Cook the broth over low heat for about an hour, then take out all the ingredients and discard, and filter the liquid, preferably twice.
Recipe 3: Beef broth with mushrooms
Thick aromatic beef broth with mushrooms will please everyone! It doesn’t matter if you follow a special diet with a low calorie or you like to eat tasty and satisfying food, you will surely like this dish. Use soup broth, aspic or use pure. Take any mushrooms that you have - shop mushrooms or oyster mushrooms or forest mushrooms.
- Mineral water for broth 1.9 liters
- Beef pulp 540 grams
- Mushrooms 300 grams
- Onion 1 piece
- Wash the meat, peel it off, cut out the tendons.
- Dip the beef in water and set it on fire.
- While the water is boiling, wash the mushrooms and cut into large pieces.
- As soon as the water boils, put the mushrooms and onions in the whole mixture. Salt, dip the pepper.
- Boil the broth for about two hours until the meat is soft.
- Take out the beef and mushrooms, throw away the onions. Strain the liquid and can use.
Recipe 4: Beef broth with roasted vegetables
You get a broader version of the broth if you pre-prepare the vegetables by frying them in oil. Ingredients Required:
- Mineral water 1.8 for beef broth
- Beef pulp 400 grams
- Onion 1 piece
- Carrots 1 piece
- Bulgarian pepper 1 piece
- Butter 50 grams
- Beef will wash and remove unnecessary films and pieces of bacon.
- Dip the meat in cold water and place the saucepan on the fire.
- While the water is boiling, you need to prepare the vegetables. Peel and dice carrots. Peel and coarsely chop the onion. Pepper core and cut it.
- Heat the pan, grease and place the onions and then the rest of the vegetables. Stir fry until golden.
- As soon as the water in the pan boils, you need to remove the foam with a skimmer, add salt and dip the vegetables and pepper in the saucepan.
- Boil the broth for at least one and a half hours until the meat is completely cooked. Remove all ingredients from the broth, after which the liquid must be drained.
Recipe 5: Roast beef broth
The broth will be tasty enough if you pre-fry the beef. Broth will get a pleasant for eyes golden shade and unusual taste, more light. You get the so-called red broth, that is, the broth will have a pleasant brownish tint to the eyes.
- Purified water 1.8 liters
- Beef pulp 470 grams
- Celery Root 240 grams
- Butter 45 grams
- Bay leaf 1 piece
- Fry the meat. To do this, cut it into pieces, after washing and removing the film. Fry the beef in hot butter for about 10 minutes, then transfer it to mineral water. Also put the bay leaf into the water. We put a pot of water on the fire.
- We clean and clean the celery root, cut into pieces.
- Once the water has boiled, you need to remove the foam (although it will be very little), salt and add celery to the water.
- Boil the broth for about one hour and twenty to thirty minutes. After get the meat and celery, strain the broth.
Beef broth - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
- Why is it so popular to put a whole onion in broth? The fact is that thanks to such a simple maneuver, the broth will acquire an appealing hue.
- What ingredients will make the dish tastier? Experiment with dried vegetables. Dried mushrooms and basil will be especially appropriate. You can also safely replace the fresh greens dried.
- Why is it still better to use meat for cooking beef broth, and not bone? The fact is that it is in the bones that heavy metal salts accumulate that are quite harmful to human health. When the bones begin to undergo heat treatment, the harmful compounds leave the bone tissue and pass into the water. Therefore, the broth from the bones is permissible for cooking, but this is not the most useful dish. Meanwhile, the bones have an important advantage - they contain gelatin. That is, such a broth is excellent for preparing a filler dish, but, at the same time, it does not have an attractive, cloudy appearance.