- Carrot salad as in the dining room - the basic principles of cooking
- Recipe 1. Carrot salad as in the dining room, with sour cream
- Recipe 2. Carrot salad as in the dining room, with cabbage
- Recipe 3. A carrot salad in the dining room, with nuts and garlic dressing
- Recipe 4. Carrot salad in the dining room, dessert with oranges and dried fruits
- Recipe 5. A carrot salad in the dining room, with eggs, cucumber and apples
- Recipe 6. Carrot salad as in the dining room, with cranberries, cucumbers and white cabbage
- Recipe 7. Carrot salad as in the dining room, with apple, cabbage and cheese
- Carrot salad in the dining room - tips and tricks
Often, housewives are looking on the Internet for a recipe for carrot salads, clarifying the task for search engines with the phrase “like in the dining room”.
It's nice to see that there are people who are so satisfied with the catering services that they are trying to find their secret recipes “in the world wide web”.
But still, no matter how hard the housewives try to find such recipes, it should be noted: there can not be at home, as in the dining room.
Homemade food will always be different from the one that people sometimes, and maybe even systematically use in canteens, cafes and other catering establishments.
Most likely, none of the chefs in these establishments will share their signature recipe called "... like in the dining room."
But some of the secrets of professionals relating to the formulation of carrot salads, still try to figure out and reproduce.
It is a pity that housewives do not indicate when searching for addresses of canteens in which they managed to meet a memorable and beloved salad, because at different times and in different cities in the post-Soviet space there were various salad dressings developed at each individual catering establishment, depending on economic opportunities. prevailing in the regions, climatic conditions, consumer demand and a number of other factors important for the service sector.
Carrot salad in the dining room - the basic principles of cooking
Salad, as a dish, is known to mankind since the days of ancient Rome, although its real evolution began in the 18th century in France. Now almost any product, sliced or grated and seasoned with sauce, the invention of the same French, is considered to be a salad.
The total number of recipes for salads, known in the world of cooking, it is impossible to calculate or at least systematize. Therefore, we dwell only on some species, which include carrots in their raw, boiled or pickled form.
There are one-component carrot salads, both raw and pre-treated: pickled, boiled, fried or even fried. For the preparation of one-component salads, dressing or sauce, which create the main taste of the dish, is important.
All vegetables used in raw salads have value as the main source of vitamins. Therefore, it is important to prepare them immediately before eating, in small quantities. Refills and sauces in such cases it is better to add at the very last moment, before serving, or serve separately in sauceboats. As a rule, all the most important and significant for a person vitamins are destroyed within 30 -120 minutes from the moment the vegetables are peeled and chopped.
Carrots are primarily a source of carotene, which must be consumed with sour cream, vegetable oil, since this vitamin belongs to the group of fat soluble. Food should be not only tasty, but also useful, and this is the main criterion that should be guided in its preparation. This fundamental principle, developed and created as a methodological guide for canteens, cafes and restaurants, has been taken into account and, hopefully, taken into account by all food technologists.
Carrots are widely used as a component in the composition of vegetable and fruit, meat and fish salads, as the main and as an equivalent ingredient, that is, in various proportions. As for the primary processing, it is to cleanse the dirt, washing and cleaning the root. The next stage of processing depends on the requirements of the recipe: if fresh carrots are needed, the root crop is washed again and proceed to cutting or other chopping methods; if boiled carrots are required, then it is boiled, then cleaned and cut.
The taste of the salad depends on the method and size of the cut, so do not neglect the observance of technology. For example, finely grated raw carrots will produce juice faster than sliced straws. Therefore, the question of cutting should be approached on the basis of the desired result. It should also be borne in mind that some vegetables, which include carrots and have a rather high density, which affects the methods of cutting and pre-heat treatment. Raw carrots for salads, as a rule, are ground using a grater or combine. Larger methods of cutting hard root vegetables are used only after preliminary heat treatment.
If the ingredient is included in the composition as equivalent, then, so that it does not stand out to taste, you need to cut it equally in size with other components. In addition, it must be borne in mind that slicing shapes improve the appearance of the dish, creating a good mood with its aesthetic appearance and thus improving the appetite at the table.
Considering that the main purpose of the salad is to excite the appetite and serve it most often before main dishes, attention should be paid to its aesthetic appearance. The most accessible and easy way to decorate is the green twigs. For festive dishes, you can try and decorate the dish with more complex methods, and then any carrot salad, as in the dining room, will be able to occupy a central place on the table, and the hostess who prepared it will absolutely deservedly be called a professional in cooking cold dishes.
Recipe 1. Carrot salad as in the dining room, with sour cream
Carrots 400 g
Sour cream 75 g
Washed and peeled carrots rub on a vegetable grater. Remove the lemon zest and then squeeze the juice out of it. Combine sour cream with sugar and salt, let dissolve. Combine the zest, carrot and lemon juice and mix, season with sour cream just before serving.
Recipe 2. Carrot salad as in the dining room, with cabbage
Carrots 250 g
White cabbage 300 g
Horseradish with vinegar 30 g
Green onions 100g
Lemon juice 75-100 ml
Finely chop the cabbage and grate carrots on a large grater. Slice green onions and soak for 10-15 minutes in lemon juice, add to salad. Add horseradish marinated in vinegar with salt and sugar.
Recipe 3. A carrot salad in the dining room, with nuts and garlic dressing
Carrots, fresh 200 g
Mayonnaise (30%) 30g
Garlic 10 g
Grate the fresh carrots on a regular vegetable grater. You can also use a chopper for Korean carrots. Chop the garlic clove and add to the mayonnaise with ground black pepper. Walnut kernels lightly fry in a pan, without adding fat, to peel off, chop them and mix with carrots. Season the salad with mayonnaise with garlic and pepper half an hour before serving.
Recipe 4. Carrot salad in the dining room, dessert with oranges and dried fruits
Fresh carrots, grated 150 g
Dried Cherry 30 g
Raisin 50 g
Roasted peanuts 75 g
Dried apricots 100 g
Whipped cream (33%)
Orange 200 g
Honey 40 g
Washed dried fruits pour boiling water. With oranges, remove the zest, peel and peel the membrane, cut each lobule into 2-3 pieces. Slice the prepared dried fruit. Raisins and cherries add to the salad entirely. Crush the peanuts, not too small. Mix honey with oranges, soak for 10-15 minutes, then add dried fruits and carrots. Stir in a salad bowl and lay a slide in glasses or ice-cream bowls for a slide. Top with minced peanuts and whipped cream.
Recipe 5. A carrot salad in the dining room, with eggs, cucumber and apples
Boiled carrots 250 g
Fresh cucumber 150 g
Boiled eggs, 5 pcs.
Apples, variety "Simirenko" 200 g (net)
Green peas, canned 400 g
Lemon juice 100 ml
Onions, green 120 g
Finely chop the green onion and soak it in lemon juice for a few minutes. Peel the apples and cut into cubes, sprinkle with lemon juice and season with mayonnaise immediately so that they do not darken. Add to them all the other ingredients of the salad, cut into small cubes, including peas and onions, which must first be released from the marinade. Move and feed by decorating with greens. To the salad is very suitable celery. If desired, boiled celery root can be added to the dish, about 200 g, also cut into small cubes.
Recipe 6. Carrot salad as in the dining room, with cranberries, cucumbers and white cabbage
Fresh cucumber 200 g
Cranberries (fresh or frozen) 150 g
White cabbage 350 g
Grated carrots 250 g
Parsley, chopped 70 g
First pressing vegetable oil, sunflower, non-fried
Cut the cucumbers into halves of slices, chop the cabbage finely, add grated carrots and chopped greens. Season the salad with sugar and salt, mix and slightly remember it. Add the cranberries and season with butter, mix again and serve to the table, putting it in a salad bowl.
Recipe 7. Carrot salad as in the dining room, with apple, cabbage and cheese
Hard cheese (50%) 100 g
Boiled eggs 3 pcs.
Cabbage, Peking 200 g
Apple 250 g
Marinated carrots 300 g
Lemon juice 240 ml
Pickled onions, bulb 150 g
Chop the onions and grate the carrots on a regular vegetable grater. Prepare two bowls, in each of which pour half of the specified amount of lemon juice, add salt and sugar. Cooked vegetables, place separately in the marinade. In addition, it will take 30-40 ml of juice to add it to 100 ml of water, in which you need to dip peeled, skinless, grated apples for 5-10 minutes so that they do not darken from oxidation by air. Also finely chop cabbage, peeled eggs and rub cheese. The salad can be mixed or layered in a large salad bowl or portioned glass dish. Pre-drain lemon water from apples and marinade from carrots and onions. Mayonnaise pour ready salad on top. Decorate with the same ingredients. You can add to the decoration of fresh cranberries, cucumber, sliced carving knives, leafy green lettuce.
Carrot salad in the dining room - tips and tricks
- If you are going to prepare a carrot salad, then choose the best varieties of root vegetables, juicy and sweet. In particular, these quality criteria are important for salads, in which carrots are used raw. Remembering the names of varieties is not worth it. There are many of them and sellers are unlikely to be able to tell what varieties they have for sale. A valuable root crop always has external signs by which it can be recognized and selected: a dull “nose” and a bright orange color. Do not try to choose the largest root vegetables, because they can be hard and dry, with a very hard, pronounced core. The brighter the orange color, the more carotene is found in carrots.
- When buying washed carrots, remember that such root vegetables are not stored for a long time. Try to use it as soon as possible. If necessary, store in a tightly closed plastic bag, be sure to pay attention to the moisture content of the product. The surface of the washed root vegetables must be necessarily dry, so blot them, if necessary, with a napkin. Often after packing the carrots in the film condensation forms, which is due to the temperature difference in the room where the carrots were located and in the refrigerator, on the bottom shelf. Moisture inside the root comes out to form droplets on the inside of the bag. In this case, the carrot must be wiped off again with a napkin, dried in the open form, without getting out of the refrigerator to avoid re-occurrence of condensate, and put in a dry bag, tightly closing it.
- Unwashed carrots can be stored in bags for several months, in boxes for vegetables, at the bottom of the refrigerator. Washed, polished and grated or chopped carrots can be stored in the freezer. Boiled carrots are also stored in the freezer, but it should be eaten immediately after defrosting.