Cake "Napoleon" is not like any other.
It is distinguished by unleavened cake, which gives cream and juiciness and sweetness.
The result is a delicate cake that has an amazing taste.
But how to cook it at home?
Napoleon Cake at Home - General Cooking Principles
Cakes for Napoleon are prepared from dough in butter, sometimes margarine. Vinegar, sometimes vodka, and even less soda and other rippers are added for friability. The finished dough is rolled out with very thin flatbreads, after which the cakes are baked alternately in the oven. It is very important not to overcook, they should remain light.
In the classic Napoleon used custard. But there are so many interesting and tasty recipes with condensed milk cream, cottage cheese and other creams. Often they are still mixed with the boiled mass in order not to deviate much from the classics. The finished cake is always sprinkled with crushed crumb, which is made from scraps of cake layers.
Recipe 1: Classic Napoleon cake at home with custard
Recipe of the real Napoleon cake at home. Classic cakes with vinegar and the most delicate custard are the basis of the popular delicacy.
• 0.4 kg butter;
• 2 eggs;
• 0.15 liters of water;
• 700 grams of water (pole for rolling);
• spoon of vinegar 9%;
• a pinch of salt.
• liter of milk;
• 0.25 kg sugar;
• 1 bag of vanilla;
• 0.3 kg oil;
• three tablespoons of flour;
• three eggs.
1. Combine the vinegar with water. Shake it up. Separately stir the eggs with salt. Then we connect all this.
2. Pour the flour on the cutting board, put the butter and chop with a knife. You can use high-quality margarine. It should turn out dry crumb.
3. Make a hole in the flour hill, pour in the previously prepared mixture, knead a lump of elastic dough.
4. Divide into 16 parts, from each roll a bun. We pack one by one into the plastic wrap or just throw in the bag. We clean in the freezer about forty minutes.
5. While preparing the cream. Immediately do in a saucepan, so as not to smudge the extra dishes. To do this, beat the eggs with sugar, add flour. It is better to beat a couple of minutes with a mixer, so that surely no lumps form. 6. Add milk, continuing to stir.
7. Send the cream to the stove, cook until thick, stir constantly. Cooling down.
8. Separately, beat the butter, combine with the brewed mixture, put the vanilla and remove the cream in the refrigerator.
9. Take out two pieces of dough. Roll out one into a thin layer, sprinkle the table well with flour. Take the lid off the pan and cut a flat cake. We transfer to the baking sheet, then in several places we prick with a fork and bake for 5-8 minutes at 180. Do not fry much.
10. While preparing the first cake, you need to roll out and prepare the next one. So we bake all the cakes. Trim too bake, but fry stronger.
11. Grease the baked crumpets with cream. Grind baked pieces, sprinkle cake.
Recipe 2: Simplified Napoleon Cake at Home with Puff Pastry
A variant of the simplified cake Napoleon, cakes for which are baked from purchased puff pastry. Of course, it differs in taste from the original, but the taste will smooth out a very tasty cream. But time is saved decently. Use dough without yeast.
• 2 packs of dough;
• 260 grams of cream;
• 1 can of condensed milk;
• 200 grams of oil;
1. The dough in advance to remove from the freezer, give thawed. We expand on the table and divide it into 3-4 parts, depending on the size.
2. Each part is thinly rolled out and cut out a circle using a template - a lid. We roll up each cake with a fork and bake in the oven until a light blush. Similarly, bake the remaining cakes.
3. Trimming puff pastry can also be baked with cake layers, but then it will not work well to fry them. Therefore, it is better to leave aside, and then lay out on a baking sheet and bake separately.
4. For the cream, the oil is also taken out beforehand in heat, so that it becomes soft. Then we shake up, in a spoon we enter condensed milk. Separately, whip the cream, combine with the oil mixture. We fill with vanillin.
5. Littered cakes grease cream, plentifully process the sides and sprinkle with crushed crumb. Give Napoleon soak for at least 12 hours.
Recipe 3: Caramel Napoleon cake at home
For such a cake, Napoleon at home will need boiled condensed milk. It gives the dessert a caramel flavor and an unusual flavor. The dough is kneaded on brown sugar with baking powder. Ingredients
• 300 ml of milk;
• 800 grams of flour;
• 80 grams of oil;
• 2 eggs;
• 1 tsp. ripper;
• 100 grams of brown sugar.
In caramel cream:
• 500 grams of boiled condensed milk;
• 4 tablespoons of starch;
• 500 ml of milk;
• 300 grams of cream.
1. Whip brown sugar with butter, they should have the same temperature.
2. Separately, shake the eggs with milk, gradually introduce into the oil mixture. Pour the flour with baking powder, form an elastic lump.
3. Divide the dough into 15-20 parts. From each roll out the cake, cut and bake. At the end of the spread on the trays pruning and also fry.
4. While the buns are cooling, you can make a cream. To do this, dilute the flour with starch, boil on the stove, cool.
5. Whip the cream and introduce boiled condensed milk. Then add brewed milk and vanilla. Done! If the cream is not very fat, then you can add a piece of butter to the cream.
6. It remains to collect the cake. Lubricate cakes, sprinkle with crumbs and leave to stand in the cold for at least 8 hours.
Recipe 4: Lean cake “Napoleon” at home on beer
Who said that the lean menu is boring? He is not familiar with this recipe for a simple Napoleon cake. Cakes for him are prepared for beer. And if you use a non-lean cream, you get a regular cake, very tender and juicy.
• 250 ml of beer;
• 1.5 tablespoons of starch;
• flour 3 glasses and 3 spoons for cream;
• 250 ml of vegetable oil;
• 1 glass of nuts;
• 2 glasses of sugar;
1. We combine beer with butter, add flour and mix. The dough should be ordinary, steep, under rolling with a rolling pin. Letting him lie down for half an hour in the cold.
2. Divide into 8 parts, roll out thin mugs and bake in the usual way in the oven, cool.
3. How to make a cream without milk? Very simple! Mix a glass of water with flour and starch, leave aside. In a saucepan boil 700 grams of water with two cups of sugar. Add diluted flour, wait for thickening and immediately remove from heat. Put the vanilla and cool. To taste you can add a little peanut butter or vegetable spread. 4. Fry the nuts in a frying pan or just pour it on a baking sheet and dry in the oven after the cake layers. Chop into small pieces or just pound a rolling pin, a kitchen hammer.
5. Putting the cake. To do this, grease cakes, stacking each other. We sprinkle nuts on all sides and that's it! It is possible to surprise households with fast Napoleon.
Recipe 5: Lazy Napoleon Cake at Home with Puff Pastry
Lazier than this, Napoleon simply does not happen. For the preparation will need puff cookies "ears". As well as ready-made custard, which is in packs.
• 500 grams of cookies;
• 2 packs of vanilla cream;
• 1 pack of butter.
1. Prepare the cream according to the instructions, add the softened butter into it, beat.
2. Take the plug. Shape, put layers of biscuits “ears”, richly coat with cream. Part of the leave for finishing plaster.
3. We remove in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
4. Take out the cooked cake on a dish, top with a new layer of cream, sprinkle with crushed biscuits or nuts. Lazy Napoleon is ready!
Recipe 6: Napoleon cheesecake at home
Napoleon cheesecake for a cake is a real find. The dessert is very tasty, healthy and incredibly tender.
• 150 grams of water;
• 0.5 tablespoons of vinegar;
• 600 grams of flour;
• 300 grams of margarine;
• 2 eggs.
In curd cream:
• 400 grams of sour cream;
• 500 grams of cottage cheese;
• 250 grams of sugar.
1. Mix the water with vinegar. Chop the butter with flour, add eggs, pour in water and form a ball of dough. We stand for half an hour in the cold.
2. Divide into small pieces, roll out cakes, bake in the oven in the usual way until light yellowness.
3. We rub cottage cheese or we punch through the blender. Separately, beat sugar with sour cream. Connect, you can add vanilla.
4. We grease the cakes with the prepared curd cream, sprinkle the cake with crumbs and remove for impregnation. In the heat better dessert is not to keep, as the cream is made from perishable ingredients.
Recipe 7: Napoleon Chocolate Cake at Home
Chocolate Napoleon simply explodes the taste. It is amazingly fragrant, beautiful and unusual. The cream can also be made chocolate by adding cocoa. But the contrast cake is more beautiful. Vodka dough preparation option. Ingredients
• 0.13 kg of oil;
• 1 spoon of vodka;
• 0.3 kg flour;
• 0.1 kg of milk;
• 4 spoons of cocoa;
• A bit of salt.
• 150 grams of condensed milk;
• 150 grams of oil;
• 300 grams of milk;
• 1.5 tablespoons of starch;
• 2 eggs;
• 1 bag of vanilla;
• 70 grams of sugar.
1. Cocoa combine with flour and sift directly on the table. But if you do not want to soil it, you can lay a silicone mat, knead the dough well on it.
2. Put the butter and chop with a knife. We make a recess, pour a pinch of salt, pour in water with vodka and throw eggs. All stir, it turns out a brown lump, soft and plastic.
3. Divide the dough into 8 balls and put them in the freezer.
4. After cooling out of each make a cake and bake. We watch closely, as the donuts are dark, their burns are imperceptible.
5. Brew milk with starch and sugar, cool. We shake up oil with condensed milk, we connect everything, we throw vanillin. You can beat with a mixer so that the cream is more magnificent.
6. Lubricate cooled muffins, sprinkle napoleon with crumbs, you can add chocolate chips.
Recipe 8: Napoleon Cake at Home with Nuts
For a nutty cake Napoleon at home, you can take peanuts. But the most delicious and incredibly fragrant is a dessert with walnuts. Cakes for cake use any, you can even purchased. Or bake one of the above recipes, you can even make chocolate donuts. For this amount of cream will need about 500 grams of cake layers.
Ingredients for cream
• 3 yolks;
• 220 grams of sugar;
• 20 grams of starch;
• 50 grams of flour;
• 400 grams of condensed milk;
• 500 grams of milk;
• 250 grams of nuts.
1. Pound the yolks with sugar, add half of the milk, then add the flour with starch, stir and pour in the remaining milk.
2. The mixture is sent to the stove and cook until thick cream. Constantly stir, cool.
3. Beat the condensed milk with butter, combine with custard. And put it all together in the fridge.
4. Fry the nuts, cool them, put them on a chopping board and roll them with the usual rolling pin several times. Shallow is not necessary. Divide in half.
5. If there are no pieces, cut one cake and mix with half the nuts. Reserve for finishing. 6. Putting the cake. Lubricate the cake with cream, sprinkle with nuts, which are without crumbs and so on.
7. Slice the finished cake on all sides and sprinkle with nuts with chopped cake.
Recipe 9: Napoleon Snack Cake at Home
It turns out that Napoleon cake is not only sweet. You can cook a wonderful snack cake with a variety of fillings: meat, fish, pies, vegetables, liver. And here is the recipe for one of the options with canned fish.
• ready-made cakes;
• 3 eggs;
• 170 grams of soft cheese, better with shrimp;
• 300 grams of canned pink salmon or any other fish;
• 1 clove garlic;
• 2 carrots.
1. Boil eggs and carrots. We rub, but in different vessels. Put a clove of garlic in carrots, pre-grind.
2. Canned need to knead with a fork. If suddenly there is a lot of liquid in the jar, then it is better to pour a part, otherwise it will drain off the cake layers.
3. Lubricate the first cake subtly with mayonnaise, put half the canned food.
4. The next layer is smeared with melted cheese and sprinkled with carrots and garlic.
5. We spread mayonnaise on a new cake, sprinkle with eggs.
6. Now again mayonnaise and canned food.
7. Cover with the last cake and grease with the remaining melted cheese. Decorate to your taste, sprinkle with herbs and give a snack to soak. Before serving, cut like a cake.
Recipe 10: Napoleon Cake at Home with Mascarpone
Amazing cake recipe Napoleon with cream of the most delicate cream cheese. Ricotta can also be used instead of mascarpone, but the taste will be slightly different. Cakes are cooked classic, as in the first recipe. Or bake from the finished puff pastry, amazing cream ennoble them.
• 400 grams of mascarpone;
• 80 grams of Amaretto;
• 1.2 liters of milk;
• 2 glasses of sugar;
• 3 tablespoons flour;
• 2 tablespoons of starch;
• 5 yolks.
1. Beat yolks with sugar, add starch with flour, add milk and brew on the stove. Stir constantly so that the mass is not burnt. Cool
2. Mascarpone, beat with a mixer, gradually add the liqueur. If there is no Amaretto, then you can do any other or do without it at all. 3. Gradually, in mascarpone, we introduce the brewed and cooled cream, mix everything together.
4. Lubricate the cakes, sprinkle the baby cake and you're done!
Napoleon Cake at Home - Tips and Tricks
• Cakes for the cake “Napoleon” are remarkably stored for 2-3 days. Therefore, they can be prepared in advance.
• If scraps of cakes are put on a new layer, then the cake can be sprinkled with any cookie crumbs, nuts, a mixture of chocolate or coconut chips.
• It is not necessary to use a meat grinder or a blender to grind cakes. You can just roll them with a rolling pin or mash your hands.
• Do not worry if napoleon turns out to be crooked. He will stand, soak and level.
• Napoleon cakes must be pierced with a fork before baking. And the more often they do this, the smoother they will be, and fewer bubbles will inflate.
• Napoleon cakes are always very dry and absorb a lot of cream. Therefore, put a thick layer and never press the top of the donut. As soaking the cake will settle itself.
• The dough for the cake before rolling should be cooled, but do not freeze it. Otherwise it will not be possible to roll out the layers thinly.