Schami on sauerkraut, many hostesses are proud. The soup itself is simple, but there are not so many successful recipes. This is due primarily to the title product - sauerkraut.
It may be very gentle and, as they say, vigorous. And here you need to have a certain experience and a sense of proportion so that the ready-made “fermented” soup does not turn out to be too sour.
Cabbage soup with sauerkraut - general principles of cooking
• Sauerkraut cabbage soup cooked in broth: meat, chicken or fish. The basis for the meatless soup can serve as a vegetable or mushroom decoction. The basic set of products: potatoes, onions, carrots and sauerkraut, cereals or beans can be added.
• Cooking technology is not so difficult. Initially prepare the basis for the soup: broth or broth. Then potatoes are added, and after it comes to readiness, cabbage is laid. Additional products are dipped in the soup base along with the potatoes. From onions and carrots in vegetable oil prepare the roasting, which is filled with “fermented” soup for about ten minutes until done. Often in this dressing add a tomato, flour. Chopped root vegetables can be added and raw.
• Sauerkraut. First of all, you need to try it. If the cabbage turns out to be excessively sour - sour or salty, it must be rinsed well or stand for some time in cold water, then wring out well. Coarsely chopped - grind to the desired size. Since cabbage is added to an almost ready dish, it is necessarily pre-stewed with the addition of a small amount of basic liquid (broth, broth) or boiled separately.
• It is advisable to let the cooked soup brew for at least half an hour. Traditionally, sour soup served with sour cream and rye bread.
Recipe for classic cabbage soup with sauerkraut in beef broth
• kilogram of beef (brisket);
• 500 gr. potatoes;
• small onion head;
• refined oil;
• mid-size carrot;
• three liters of water;
• a pound of sauerkraut.
1. Washed meat in cold water, without cutting, put a whole piece in the pan. Fill with three liters of water, put on an intense fire and wait when it boils. As soon as the foam begins to appear, carefully remove it. The noise must be removed before boiling, otherwise it will mix with the broth. Reduce the temperature, continue to cook, without removing the lid and not letting it boil intensely, for about an hour. 2. From the prepared broth we take the meat, put the sauerkraut into the pan and, bringing to the boil, reduce the heat again.
3. Separate the meat from the bones, cut it into small pieces, send it to the cabbage. Boil seven minutes. Add potatoes, cut into large cubes.
4. While the potatoes are boiling, prepare the dressing. With the addition of sunflower oil, passurize finely chopped onions to soften. We spread carrots to it with grated grain and, stirring, fry the vegetables until golden. We send roast in soup when the potato pieces are soft.
5. Remove the sample, if necessary, add salt. Cook for another five minutes, turn it off.
Mushroom cabbage soup with sauerkraut in chicken broth
• tender sauerkraut - 200 gr .;
• a pound of chicken legs;
• 250 gr. fresh mushrooms, preferably forest;
• small parsley root;
• one carrot;
• two large potatoes;
• bay leaf.
1. In a saucepan with two liters of water, lower the pieces of well-washed chicken, set on intensive fire. Before boiling necessarily remove the foam from the broth. When boils, reduce the heat and, covered with a lid, cook about half an hour. Then we get a chicken leg, separate the bones and lay the meat back into the broth.
2. Add the parsley root, cut into small cubes and of the same shape, but larger pieces of potato.
3. After boiling for ten minutes, lay out the cabbage squeezed from the pickle. Then we lower the carrot, which has been rubbed on a medium grater, and continue to cook, waiting for the cabbage to be soft.
4. Cut the peeled onion into medium-sized slices. Fry the onion, dipped in the heated oil, until the rosy-golden color scheme. Add the mushrooms, cut into longitudinal plates, and fry until all moisture is gone.
5. We try cabbage. If she has softened up enough, fill the soup with mushroom roasting, start the bay cake, and after boiling for five minutes, turn it off. Add greens and be sure to try on the salt.
Lenten soup of sour cabbage with millet grains
• potatoes - two large roots;
• 400 gr. sauerkraut;
• small carrot;
• Lavrushka - large leaf;
• fresh greens (dill);
• millet - 2/3 cup; • unrefined oil.
1. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of oil into the pan, set to warm up slowly.
2. Well squeeze the cabbage and dip it into the heated oil. The first ten minutes, stirring occasionally, fry at medium temperature. Then slightly reduce the heat and simmer the cabbage to softness, covered with a lid.
3. Cut the potatoes into small cubes or cubes. Closely rub the carrot.
4. Pour two liters of water into the saucepan, let it boil, and put the potatoes and carrots in the saucepan. Immediately pour the millet washed with hot water, cook at a moderate temperature.
5. To the already soft potatoes add fried cabbage. Having waited for repeated boiling, we put laurel. Reduce heat and cook soup, covered with a saucepan, another ten minutes.
6. Then add chopped greens. Tomim cabbage soup, not allowing two minutes to boil, and remove from heat.
Meaty soup with sauerkraut on pork ribs (with beans)
• pork ribs - half a kilo;
• three potatoes;
• onion head;
• 250 gr. sauerkraut;
• non-aromatic sunflower oil;
• medium sized carrots;
• fresh greens;
• a tablespoon of tomato;
• a third cup of beans.
1. In order for beans to be well and quickly boiled down, they need to be soaked beforehand. Not less than 6 hours before cooking the soup, the enumerated beans are well washed and filled with clean bottled water.
2. Prepare the meat broth. Fill the washed edges of 2 liters. water, set to cook. On intensive heating, not forgetting to remove the “noise”, we wait for the boiling to start. Then, lowering the temperature, cook under the lid for about an hour.
3. Half an hour after boiling, you need to put the beans in the broth so that she can reach the readiness. You can boil separately, and add with potatoes.
4. Lay the cabbage squeezed from the pickle into a separate saucepan. Fill three glasses of water, put on the stove. After boiling, cook under the lid for forty minutes on a small fire, and recline in a colander.
5. In the finished boiling broth, lower the small sticks of potatoes. After waiting for boiling, remove the foam and continue to cook for twenty minutes.
6. At this time, prepare a vegetable dressing. Finely chop the onion and place it in hot oil. After him we send large carrot chips. Fry vegetables until golden, enter the tomato. Add a little broth directly from the pan, simmer at an average temperature of five minutes. 7. We shift the cabbage into the pan, add the broth. Fill the soup with tomato roast, add salt to your liking, add laurea. After a quarter of an hour, put chopped green in the soup and immediately remove it from the stove.
Fragrant mushroom cabbage soup with sauerkraut and dry mushrooms
• 60 gr. dried forest mushrooms;
• a spoonful of flour;
• Potato - 3 small tuber;
• refined oil;
• 400 gr. fermented, preferably not acidic, cabbage.
1. Enumerated, washed mushrooms pour a large amount of water and leave for two hours. Then, put the pot on the stove and boil the mushrooms in the same water in which they soaked for about half an hour, until soft. Strain broth, and slightly cooled mushroom pulp cut into small slices.
2. Slightly squeeze the cabbage, put it on the pan with the heated oil and, stirring, fry for about four minutes. Then reduce the heat to a minimum and simmer for at least half an hour. Do not forget to stir occasionally.
3. Set the pot with mushroom broth on high heat. After waiting for the boil, we drop the potato cubes into it and immediately add the chopped mushrooms. Cooking, not allowing to boil violently.
4. Chopped onions and grated carrots in medium chips fry in butter. We shift the vegetables along with the stewed cabbage to the pan to the almost ready potatoes.
5. In a dry frying pan, stirring constantly, fry the flour to a creamy shade, pour a spoonful of broth to it. We put flour dressing in cabbage soup, stir well and cook for another five minutes.
Fish soup with sauerkraut
• any, preferably large and oily, fish - 500 g;
• a pound of sauerkraut;
• two spoons of butter;
• large onion or two small ones;
• 60 gr. thick tomato:
• parsley root;
• flour - one spoon;
• a small bunch of fresh greens.
1. Gut and clean the fish, wash it, dry it and cut it into fillets. We do not remove the skin, we only remove the bones. If you got a small fish, just cut it into pieces.
2. Wash squeezed cabbage quickly washed, recline on a colander. When the remaining water is gone, we shift it to the pan with heated oil, add a little water and leave to simmer at the minimum until softened. 3. Pour into the pan at least two liters of water, put on the stove. After boiling, lower the fish, prepare the broth. Be sure to ensure that the contents of the pan is not boiling intensely and as it forms, remove the foam.
4. Onions cut into cubes, parsley root and carrot - thin straws. Fry roots in vegetable oil until softened and golden. Add flour, mix thoroughly and add tomato. Combine roasted vegetables with cabbage, stew all together for about 10 minutes.
5. Get ready-made fish out of the pan, and put the chopped potatoes in boiling broth. Bringing to readiness, add cabbage stewed with vegetables, boiled fish.
6. Boil five minutes, add a little salt and herbs. Turn off the heat and give the dish to stand for half an hour.
Cabbage soup with sauerkraut - cooking tricks and useful tips
• The taste of meat or fish dishes depends largely on the correctly cooked broth. He must be removed from the foam before boiling and cook at a moderate temperature, only with a slight boil.
• Mushroom soup will become more fragrant if you fry the mushrooms with carrots and onions. Boiled dried mushrooms can be minced in a meat grinder.
• If you like enough sour soup, add boiled cabbage pickle to the end of cooking.