Balyk, he is jerky, it is difficult to buy in the store, especially as a really high-quality and natural product. And the price will not be small.
At home, you can cook at least a tasty balyk of pork, the technology is quite simple.
Most recipes do not require scarce ingredients. One minus - will have to be patient, as quickly make tasty jerked meat will not work.
Pork balyk at home - general principles of cooking
The most important thing in cooking balyk is high-quality meat, it is desirable that he was not more than a day. Otherwise, it will be difficult to keep it for several days. Usually for balyk used tenderloin. This part is quite tender, salt and spices penetrate it well, and the shape of the piece is very convenient. If you need to reduce the cooking time, you can cut the cut into several elongated pieces along the fibers. Get a kind of sausage.
What else is needed:
• coarse salt, suitable sea food;
• different types of pepper;
• cognac (not in all recipes);
• spices, dry herbs.
The essence of technology lies in the drying. But before you send the pork to the air, you need to pull the water out of the piece as much as possible. Salt is used for this. It dries the piece, gives the meat a taste. After a day of marinating in salt, pork will decrease in size, and liquid forms at the bottom of the pot. It can not be poured until the very end, otherwise the concentration of salt in the meat may be small, it will simply begin to foul from the inside. You can periodically turn a piece.
Salted pork is wiped, seasoned with spices, if this is not done from the very beginning, and then sent to dry. Usually, the meat is wrapped in linen fabric and hung in the air, but under the roof. The sun's rays should not fall on the product.
Pork balyk at home for 10 days
Recipe natural balyk pork at home, which is prepared in the classical way. Cutting is used, one kilogram is enough. Additionally, you will need fabric towels or pieces of gauze. Ingredients
• 1 kg tenderloin;
• 0.5 cups sea salt;
• paprika, black pepper, red, coriander.
1. Wash the tenderloin, remove all films and conductors, wipe dry with napkins.
2. We take a vessel that is suitable in size. It is convenient to use plastic sudochki with a lid. Pour half the salt on the bottom, level it.
3. Put a piece of tenderloin and sprinkle with salt on top, rub the sides.
4. Close the container. We send it in the fridge for three days. You can periodically turn it over the second side, so that the meat is salted better.
5. After 3 days we take out the tenderloin, shake off the drops and wipe dry with a napkin.
6. We mix different types of pepper, crushed coriander seeds and rub a piece from all sides, we are not afraid to overdo it.
7. We take a piece of gauze, roll it up in 4 layers, put the meat, wrap it and tie it up with thread. Hang in a ventilated area.
8. We check in a day. If suddenly the meat continues to release moisture, the fabric is wet, you can replace the gauze.
9. Withstand a total of 5-7 days. Then balyk can be removed, cut and try. If necessary, leave for a few more days.
Fast pork balyk at home with brandy
Cognac is often used to make balyk from pork at home. This drink inhibits the growth of bacteria, gives the meat a special taste and an unusually delicate flavor. He also speeds up the process and you can taste the meat in 3-4 days.
• 1 kg of tenderloin;
• 3 tablespoons of black peppercorns;
• 50 ml of cognac;
• 0.5 glasses of coarse salt;
• 2 tsp. red pepper;
• 3 spoons of sugar;
• 2 tablespoons thyme.
1. Crush black pepper in a mortar. You can add a little red dry pod to it.
2. Wash and prepare the pork tenderloin, dry the piece with a towel.
3. Combine salt with sugar, put black pepper crushed in a mortar. Stir the dry mixture, then add the brandy.
4. Pour half of the prepared mixture into a container. Put the meat. Sprinkle sides, top with the second part of salt and sugar. 5. Close sudochek, send in the fridge for two days. Periodically turn the meat so that it marinated on all sides. Make sure that the sides also had salt.
6. After two days of marinating the meat can be reached. Wash it with cold water and wipe.
7. Mix thyme with red pepper, add sweet paprika or use black pepper. Rub the cutting with a sharp mixture.
8. Wrap the pork in a linen napkin, put in the fridge. After a day you can try. If necessary, we increase the time.
Dry-cured pork balyk at home with liquid smoke
Another recipe balyk pork at home with brandy, but additionally added liquid smoke. It gives the meat the flavor of smoked meat.
• 1 tenderloin (about 1-1.2 kg);
• 1 spoon of sugar;
• 7 tablespoons of rock salt;
• 3 spoons of liquid smoke;
• 4 spoons of brandy;
• 3 spoons of liquid smoke;
• hot pepper to taste.
1. Mix salt with granulated sugar, add a little hot or black pepper as desired.
2. Sprinkle the prepared pork with this mixture, close the vessel and leave for 2 days in the refrigerator. If the piece is not thick or cut along, you can leave for one day.
3. Then rinse the meat, dry.
4. Mix cognac with liquid smoke, grate pork from all sides. Leave in the refrigerator for another 10 hours, you can for a day. We turn over during this time several times.
5. We take out meat, we take paper towels or napkins, we remove excess moisture.
6. We roll up the gauze in gauze, hang for 5-7 days, it can be indoors, but the humidity should not be high.
7. At the request of the finished balyk rub on top with red pepper.
Baked pork balyk at home in the oven
Of course, this recipe has nothing to do with the classic dry-cured balyk, but it is also very interesting and will help out if there is no desire to wait for several days.
• 1 kg of pork;
• 1 spoon of salt;
• 4 cloves of garlic;
• 1.5 tsp. ground black pepper; • 1 tsp. sweet paprika.
Additionally, you need one package for baking.
1. Mix the salt in the bowl with all the other spices.
2. Grate the washed and wiped dry piece of this mixture. Wrap in a bag or shift to container. Put on the day or at least at night in the refrigerator.
3. Peel the garlic, cut the cloves into several pieces.
4. We get pork out of the fridge, make punctures with a knife, insert garlic.
5. Hands rubbing spices on meat.
6. We shift the future balyk into the baking package.
7. Heat the oven to 250 degrees.
8. Ship the meat, remove the temperature to 200. Cook an hour. Then keep the meat in the oven until the oven is completely cool.
pork balyk at home with garlic and vodka
For the preparation of this balyk brandy is not needed, but it will take a little vodka. Garlic is used plain fresh.
• 5 tablespoons of salt;
• 800-1000 g pork;
• 5 cloves of garlic;
• 30 ml of vodka;
• 2 spoons of sugar;
• 1 tsp. red pepper.
1. Chop the garlic cloves very finely, mix with salt and sugar, you can add other spices.
2. Wash the meat, wipe it off, then rub it with vodka, put it in a plastic bag, leave it for two hours.
3. We get pork, sprinkle with spices. All that remains, pour out on top of a piece. We shift in a container or again in the package, we withstand the day.
4. Wash the meat, dry it.
5. Wrap a piece in cheesecloth, put in the fridge for a day. Then we hang in the same gauze in a draft, wait another 2-3 days and you can try. If necessary, add time.
Pork balyk at home in Boyars pieces
The recipe of the boyar's stallion, which is prepared in pieces and much faster than from a large tenderloin. On average, this meat can be cooked for two days, which is considered fairly quickly. We select seasonings to your taste.
• 1 kg of tenderloin;
• 1 tsp. hot pepper;
• 120 g of salt;
• 50 g of sugar;
• 1 tsp. sweet paprika;
• 70 ml of cognac. Cooking
1. Wash the tenderloin, cut into pieces across the fibers of 1.5-2 centimeters. Get some kind of chops.
2. Mix salt and sugar.
3. Liberally sprinkle the meat with brandy, grind, then thickly sprinkle with salt. Cover, leave at least 15 hours.
4. Wash the pieces of spices. Wipe dry.
5. Turn on the oven, set the minimum. Heat up to 70-80 degrees.
6. Spread the pieces of pork on the rack, dry in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Then turn off and leave for an hour. Re-start the oven and dry the meat again at the minimum temperature. Repeat one more time.
7. Lubricate pieces of balyk with a drop of oil or brandy. Mix sweet paprika with hot peppers, you can add to them chopped garlic. Rub meat slices and put in the fridge for 1-2 hours so that the pork is soaked with spices. Then you can cut it and try.
Pork balyk at home - tips and tricks
• It is undesirable to dry a balyk outside in the hot season, the probability of meat swelling increases several times. It is also important to ensure that flies do not come up to the piece.
• Ready meat can be rubbed with any spices, garlic, herbs. And to keep them on the surface, it is smeared with a few drops of oil.
• Balyk must be stored in the refrigerator, wrapped in cloth or paper. Periodically, the air is ventilated so that it does not become damp. In the old chunks sprinkled with coarse salt, which absorbs excess moisture, and kept in the cellar.