Salad "Sunflower" has become popular recently. All thanks to the design. Potato chips and olives are used as decoration. The result is not only delicious, but also a very original snack.
Salad “Sunflower” (step-by-step recipe) - the basic principles of cooking
The salad is made from chicken meat. Better, of course, is to use poultry meat that is grown on natural food. But if this is not possible, you can take chilled or fresh meat in the nearest store. Use chicken breasts - it's just convenient. You can also remove the fillets from the legs. Instead of chicken, you can take a turkey fillet. Meat for salad can not only boil, but also use smoked chicken.
Cheese should be only hard varieties. Soft cheese tends to spread from the heat of freshly cooked meat. Best suited for salad: parmesan, gruyere or cheddar. But you can use the usual for us "Russian" or "Dutch".
Olives must be black. Only in the salad they look like real seeds.
Mushrooms can be used fresh, pickled, dried or frozen. The main thing is to cook them correctly. Fresh clean, wash, dry and cut into thin slices. Then the mushrooms are roasted until lightly ruddy, seasoned with salt and spices. In the same way cooked and frozen. Dried mushrooms are pre-filled with boiling water and insist for some time. Then the mushroom infusion is drained, and the mushrooms are cut into small pieces. Cook them in a pan with spices. From pickled mushrooms drain the liquid, then finely chop them and add to the salad. They do not require heat treatment.
When choosing chips, pay attention that they are the correct oval shape and the same size. Chips should not be too thin, otherwise they get sodden from mayonnaise and the salad will turn out to be ugly. Therefore, be careful in choosing this ingredient.
Salad spread layers. Each coat with mayonnaise. To make the appetizer light, use low-calorie sauce. Well, lovers of tasty and satisfying food can opt for high-calorie or homemade product. Self-made sauce turns out quality, because it is made from natural products. To do this, you need refined vegetable oil, egg yolks, mustard, spices, lemon juice, a blender and a little patience. The oil is poured into a high container, the rest of the ingredients are added and they are started to beat with an immersion blender until the mixture turns white, thick and shiny. The final layer should be crushed egg yolks.
Remove the olives from the marinade, cut in half and spread over the egg yolks. Put potato chips around in the shape of sunflower petals. You can make a ladybird from a cherry tomato and pieces of olives and put it on top.
Some housewives prepare a salad with pineapple. This fruit will make the salad fresh. Pineapples can be replaced with fresh cucumbers.
The salad is left for some time, so that the ingredients soak in the tastes and aromas of each other.
Olives can be replaced with canned corn, but olives look much more spectacular.
Recipe 1. Classic Sunflower Salad: a step-by-step recipe
pound of chicken fillet;
pinch of salt;
three chicken eggs;
potato chips - 100 g;
200 g pitted olives;
hard cheese - 150 g;
200 g of mayonnaise;
pickled champignons - 200 g
Method of preparation
1. Wash chicken fillet and place in a small saucepan. Fill with filtered water and put on medium heat. As soon as the contents begin to boil, be sure to carefully remove the foam using a skimmer or spoon. Broth lightly salt. Boil the chicken for about half an hour. Then remove the meat from the broth, cool. If you use chicken legs, separate the meat from the bones and remove the skin. Cut the fillet into small pieces.
2. Put the eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water and put on the fire. Since boiling up, boil for ten minutes. Then drain the boiling water and lower the eggs in cold water. As soon as they cool down, peel, cut in half and take out the yolks. Grind egg whites on a grater with medium sections, and rub yolks finely.
3. Remove the wrapper from the cheese. Cut off the paraffin crust with a sharp knife and grind on a grater with small sections.
4. Open the jar with pickled mushrooms. Put the contents on a sieve and leave to the entire marinade stack. Each mushroom cut into small pieces. Transfer to a separate plate.
5. Remove the olives from the marinade. Each cut lengthwise into four parts.
6. Take a wide plate with bumpers. Start shaping the salad in layers.
7. Add a little mayonnaise to the diced chicken and mix. Put the meat on the bottom of the plate, forming a hemisphere. 8. Lay the marinated mushrooms on top of the chicken evenly. Smear the mushroom layer with mayonnaise.
9. On the mushrooms lay out the grated egg white. Spread a layer of protein evenly with small chips of cheese. Grease a little mayonnaise. Triturate all with grated yolk. Make sure the yolk covers the entire surface of the salad.
10. Arrange the quarters of olives in a circle from the edge to the center, cut down. Spread tightly to each other. On the edge of the salad, put the chips in the form of flower petals. Place the salad in the fridge for a while so that the ingredients are soaked in mayonnaise.
Recipe 2. Sunflower salad: a step-by-step recipe with cod liver
chicken eggs - five pieces;
jar of canned cod liver;
freshly ground pepper;
potatoes - five large tubers;
chips - packaging;
red onions - two medium heads;
mayonnaise - 300 g;
Fresh cucumbers - three pieces.
Method of preparation
1. Wash the tubers of potatoes, put in a small saucepan and cover with clean water. Salt and put on a small fire. As soon as the contents begin to boil, twist the fire and cook for 20 minutes. Check the readiness with a fork. If she freely enters the vegetable, then it is ready. Drain the potato broth and leave the vegetable to cool.
2. Eggs dip in a saucepan with cold water. Boil until hard-boiled. Then drain the boiling water and dip the eggs in cold water, replacing it several times.
3. Open canned cod liver, place the contents on a plate and mash with a fork to a puree-like state. Clean the eggs from the shell. Snip the whites and take out the yolks. Finely rub them separately and arrange them into plates. Remove the thin skin from the potato and chop the vegetable on a fine grater.
4. Wash cucumbers, wipe with kitchen paper and chop. You can cut them into small cubes or thin straws, or grate on a grater with large segments. Cut a piece of cucumber and try, if the peel is bitter, peel the vegetable.
5. Cut off the root of the bulb and remove the husk. Wash the onions, place on a chopping board and chop into small pieces.
6. Now proceed to the formation of the salad. Take a beautiful round flat platter with sides. Put a layer of grated potatoes on the bottom and form a hemisphere of it. Cover the potatoes with a fine mesh of mayonnaise. Lightly salt and pepper. Cover the potatoes with an even layer of chopped onion. This layer is also covered with a mesh of mayonnaise. Spread the cod liver on the onion. The next layer lay out sliced fresh cucumbers. Vegetable layer cover with a thin mesh of mayonnaise. Slightly pepper and salt. Spread egg white on the cucumbers evenly. Smear this layer with mayonnaise. 7. Sprinkle abundantly on the top of the salad with crumbled egg yolk so that the bottom layer is completely covered. Carefully draw several parallel lines of mayonnaise vertically and horizontally. The cells should be the same size. In each lay a whole, or cut in half the olive. On the edge of the salad around put the chips in the form of sunflower petals. Send the salad bowl for an hour in the fridge. During this time, it is soaked, and the ingredients are saturated with the tastes and aromas of each other.
Sunflower Salad (step by step recipe) - tips and tricks
White onions before adding lettuce marinate to get rid of bitterness.
Do not use thin chips, they will quickly soften, and the salad will not look spectacular.
Instead of olives, you can use black grapes for decoration.
Mayonnaise can be replaced with a sauce of sour cream, egg yolks, lemon juice, vegetable oil and mustard. All combine and mix.