Salmon is deservedly classified as a gourmet product, which means that salmon dishes have excellent taste properties.
On their preparation, as a rule, does not take too much time, and the taste is simply excellent. Fish of the salmon family is ideally combined with many side dishes and vegetables. Sauce can be served with it, which gives salmon an even richer flavor.
This fish is literally filled with vitamins, healthy fats, high-quality proteins, trace elements and other beneficial compounds. The salmon fillet included in the diet gradually reduces cholesterol in the blood, strengthens the cardiovascular system, prevents the formation of blood clots and vascular catastrophes, improves blood circulation, including the cerebral one.
In addition, the thyroid gland, due to its high iodine content, the nervous system, and the general metabolism, falls under its beneficial effect. Selenium contained in salmon, being a powerful antioxidant, slows down the aging of the body and protects it from the negative effects of free radicals.
The fish enters the trading network in a fresh, frozen, fillet, smoked and slightly salted form. Fresh fillets should not have a pronounced fishy smell and should be different elastic, elastic structure - this should be considered when buying salmon. Fish meat is recommended to be grilled or baked in foil, but not to be fried in any way, as the salmon loses most of its healthy components during the frying process.
Smoked or lightly salted fish does not require heat treatment, because it is ready to eat. It is great for preparing various salads, omelets, canapés, and is simply an excellent snack. The shelf life of such salmon in vacuum packaging is two months. Opened packaging shortens the “life” of a delicacy to just 24-36 hours.
Include tender pink fillet in your diet, and you will certainly feel a surge of energy, strength and health! And we will talk about how to diversify salmon dishes.
Recipe 1: Baked Salmon
The secret of the dish lies not only in the royal fish, but also in the sauce attached to it. After all, the sauce correctly selected for the dish, emphasizing the taste of baked salmon, is an obvious key to success! Ingredients: a kilo of fillet, one and a half lemon, spices for fish, salt, dill, green onion, olive oil - 3 table. spoons.
For the sauce: thick sour cream - 150 gr., Fatty mayonnaise - 150 gr., Tsp. mustard, fresh cucumber, egg - 2 pcs., dill, green onions, ground pepper and salt.
1. Salt the middle pieces of fillet (or whole fish, cut into 4 steaks) slightly, season with spices. If the spices already contain salt, salt is not necessary.
2. Cut 1 lemon into rings, wash the dill, divide everything into 2 parts. Pour olive oil in a baking dish, put a few lemon slices and dill sprigs on the bottom. Put fish on top, sprinkle with lemon juice and put the second part of lemons and dill. Seal the edges of the form with foil. Let salmon stand for a couple of hours in the fridge.
3. Place the dish in preheated to two hundred grams. the oven. As soon as you hear the bubbles, reduce the heat and bake the fish until ready, for half an hour.
4. Prepare the sauce: Boil the eggs, chop them finely, chop the dill, onion, and grate the cucumber. Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, eggs, mustard, dill, cucumber, onion and slightly add salt and pepper.
5. Our salmon is probably ready! Remove it from the oven, place on a dish, sprinkle with green onions and garnish with lemon rings. Serve fish with cooked sauce.
Recipe 2: Salmon Steak
Baked salmon steak is not only tasty, but also a very healthy dish! The recipe for this delicacy is very simple, it is considered to be the decoration of any table.
Ingredients: 450 gr. salmon, large apple, 150 gr. shrimp, 60 gr. sour cream, the same amount of mayonnaise, 80 gr. cheese, olive oil 20 ml, lemon concentrate 20 ml, half a lemon, ground pepper, salt, parsley.
1. Marinate the fillet with lemon juice, salt, pepper, leave for an hour. We clean the apple from the seeds and peel, sprinkle them with citric acid.
2. Fry the salmon pieces until cooked on the grill. Next, lay them on a greased with olive oil form, lay out the top of the apple, sliced, and the shrimp pulp. Pour all the sauce of sour cream and mayonnaise and sprinkle with finely grated cheese. 3. Bake the dish in a preheated oven to form a beautiful crust.
Recipe 3: Salad with Salmon
We offer you a salmon salad with cheese. Spread the ingredients according to this recipe, we will be layers.
Ingredients: salted salmon fillet 300 gr., Two medium onions, three potatoes, a couple of green apples, semi-hard cheese 150 gr., Eggs - 3 pcs., Salt, mayonnaise.
1. Boiled cold potatoes grate grated. Boiled eggs must also be grated (individually, proteins and yolks). We rub and cheese.
2. Slice the onions, fry them, then fold them to a sieve to stack excess fat.
3. Cut the salmon into pieces and mix with fried onions. Remove apples from the core, cut off the peel, rub. From the pulp squeeze out the extra juice.
We find a suitable form for the salad and begin to lay out the layers from bottom to top in the following sequence:
1 - salmon with fried onions,
2 - potatoes
3 - grated apples,
4 - cheese,
5 - egg whites,
6 - egg yolks.
We do not forget to coat each layer with mayonnaise. For those who do not accept too fatty foods, mayonnaise can be used through the layer. So, salad with salmon is ready! Cover it with cling film and leave in the refrigerator for impregnation for 3-6 hours.
Recipe 4: Salmon soup (soup)
Ukha is the oldest liquid dish. It's no secret that fish is the main component of the soup. Of course, you can cook a traditional dish with the addition of fillets, potatoes, carrots, onion slices cut into half rings and even cereals (millet, rice), but by turning on a little imagination and experimenting, you can get an excellent soup. Our recipe is based on adding cream to the ear. This highlight will make the ear original, unique and worthy of any feast.
Ingredients: 300g fillet, 600g potatoes, 100g onion, cream (milk can) 400g., 20g. flour, a liter of water, herbs and salt.
In boiling salted water, start diced potatoes and onion - half rings. As soon as the water begins to boil again after lowering the vegetables, cover the pan with a lid and cook the soup for 10 minutes. During this time, you will have time to cut the salmon into large chunks, which you put in your ear and cook for another 10 minutes. Whip the cream together with the flour and pour it into the saucepan after 10 minutes, bring the ear to a boil and immediately remove it from the stove. Sprinkle greens on the finished dish. Tasty and original food can be served at the table!
Recipe 5: Salmon Kebab
What is the way to the nature without the kebabs? Perhaps, such a vacation will be already incomplete. And why in the next campaign instead of the traditional meat kebabs you do not cook the royal - salmon ?! The meat is very tender and literally melts in your mouth! Try it!
Ingredients: a kilo of sirloin, 1 onion, a large clove of garlic, one third of a lemon, a table. A spoon of olive oil, a little dill, white pepper, salt to taste.
1. Fish clean, remove the ridge, the bones. Fillet cut into pieces, taking into account the size and geometry of the skewers (for thin - the slices can be cut and smaller).
2. Marinate salmon: put it in a deep plate and add all the ingredients - lemon sliced into rings, chopped garlic, onion rings, salt, white pepper and olive oil. Close the plate with cling film and leave the marinade for 3 hours.
3. When the time is right, fry the salmon over the coals on skewers for about ten minutes. Do not forget to turn and twist skewers until done. Bon appetit and rest!
Salmon Dishes - useful tips
Salmon is always tasty, without exception, and extremely useful. However, fish grown in artificial reservoirs, has almost half the nutrients than the one that grew in natural conditions. Therefore, when buying, always ask the seller about the origin of the fish.
Another useful tip: never treat a salmon with a long heat, so as not to upset the balance of active ingredients in it. 10-15 minutes of heat treatment is enough and the royal fish, which has retained a treasure of useful elements, is ready!