The slow cooker is a real help to the hostess in the kitchen.
In it you can cook a lot of great dishes tastier than on the stove, and the ear in the slow cooker is the best proof of that.
General principles of cooking soup in a multicooker
No matter how women love their helper, many people think that it is not suitable for soup. And in vain. Like many filling soups, an ear in a slow cooker turns out to be simply canceled due to the fact that it is not so much cooked as stewed, languishes, as if in an oven. This makes the taste and aroma of the dish especially rich.
Ukha is an old dish, there are many kinds of it. This ear is a fish soup with onions, nothing else is added. But now we supplement the composition of the dish with various products: put carrots and other roots, herbs, potatoes, cereals and so on in the crock-pot. All these additives add to the taste of the soup in the slow cooker something different.
Each housewife, of course, has her favorite recipe, but our selection, offering various options for cooking soup, is likely to be useful.
Much, for example, depends on the choice of fish. Ear cooked in a slow cooker, cooked from perches and other medium-sized river fish, is significantly different in taste from that cooked from the heads of salmon.
It is customary to use for cooking all parts of the fish, including what remains when cooking the second.
If you are going to cook the fish soup in a slow cooker, you first need to wash and inspect the fish, making sure that it is benign. Then clean the carcass, trim the head and fins. Remove the eyes and gills from the heads. This must be done very carefully so as not to spoil the taste of the soup in the slow cooker.
If the fish is small and it goes completely in the ear, it is already time to put it in cold water and cook for about an hour using the “Quenching” program. If you are going to cook fish soup from a part of a large fish (say, salmon), you need to separate the head (and, of course, clean it as indicated above), the fins (they should be cut straight, cut off the hard part, the rest should be used) and the tail. If you are going to cut fillets from another part of the carcass, the remaining bones and skin should also be used in the ear. Put all these parts into the bowl of the slow cooker with cold water and cook for about an hour. Then carefully strain the broth, heads and other boiled parts of small fish to give to cats (as for the head and tail of salmon, many people like to eat them themselves), and return the broth to the bowl.
Now you have to put good pieces of fish in hot broth, preferably without bones, and what you want to add: potatoes, cereals, roots, and so on. Cook soup in a slow cooker for about 30 minutes.
Turn on the “Heating” mode and then for another half an hour to your ear.
If it is assumed that there will be children or elderly people, it is better to re-strain the broth after cooking the “main” fish, and then add the potatoes and so on. Disassemble the fish separately and put it on the plate, making sure there are no bones.
It is good to file fish pie with fish soup.
Recipe 1. Fish soup in a multi-cooker made of river fish “Rybatskaya”
- River fish (pike, carp, etc.) - about half a kilo
- Tail and head of carp or small river fish - about 300 g
- Onion - medium onion or half large
- Carrot - one large
- Parsley root - half, if desired
- Potatoes - 3-4 pieces of medium size
- Bay leaves, parsley, peas, celery root and greens, if desired, a little
- The number of products indicated is approximately 1 liter of water
- Clean all the fish you intend to use for fish soup. From carp or pike cut fillet. Trifle cut into 2 -3 pieces.
- Pour cold water over the bowl of the multicooker and put your head, fins, pieces of small fish, bones, etc. Boil for about an hour with the “Quenching” mode.
- In the meantime, peel potatoes, carrots, onions, and parsley. Rinse the greens. Cut the onion into 4 parts, and potatoes and roots into fairly large cubes or circles. Greens crumble with scissors or chopped.
- Pour out the soup and strain it through a fine strainer or even two, putting it in one another.
- Put vegetables and beautifully cut large pieces of fish fillets in hot broth. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Open the cover of the multicooker, add salt to taste, bay leaf, peppercorns and half of the green. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Give about 30 minutes, then with “Heated” mode, and then pour into plates. In each add fresh greens; if desired, you can also pour about a third of a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice into each plate.
Recipe 2. Fish soup in a slow cooker made of salmon with parsley
- Carrots - 2 pieces
- Onion - 2 small bulbs
- Parsley - a big bunch and one root
- Potatoes - 3-4 large tubers
- Bay leaf, pea pepper, if desired - a little rosemary
- Salt to taste
- Saffron - on the edge of a teaspoon
- Vodka - 30 g
- Lemon - a few small slices
- Salmon cut up. Cut off the head and clean it, removing the eyes and gills; cut fins and cut off the hard part; cut the fillet (if it is required for cooking, for example, cutlets, then cut off the skin from it too); separate the tail, also removing the hard part.
- Tail, head, fins, bones, skin should be placed in the bowl of the slow cooker, peeled whole carrots, parsley (the root and stems, leaving only the leaves) and the bulbs should be placed there. Pour with cold water and cook for about 40 minutes.
- Carefully strain the broth and put portions of fish fillet in it (preferably with skin) and sliced potatoes.
- Cook for another quarter of an hour, after which add lavrushka, pepper, vodka with saffron mixed in it. Cook on the “Quenching” mode for 7-10 minutes and leave to stand for another quarter of an hour in the “Heating” mode.
- Spread the soup on the plates so that each has a piece of fish. Separately, serve lemon slices and chopped parsley leaves.
Recipe 3. Ear in a red and white fish multicooker
- Salmon - a head and a piece of about 200 g
- Cod (haddock, pike perch) - a piece of about 200 g
- Small potatoes - 7-8 pieces
- Carrot - one
- Onion - one
- Lemon - a quarter
- Greens, bay leaf, peppercorns, salt - to taste
- Clean the fish, remove fins, eyes and gills.
- Cut the fillets out of the pieces (preferably with skin, otherwise it may fall apart).
- Dice the bones and the head with water, preferably cold, put the whole carrot and onion there and cook for about 40-50 minutes.
- Strain the resulting fish broth.
- If you are cooking from fillets, then you should skip the first part of the work, and immediately fill the fillet pieces with cold water. If you have fish broth, it is better to use it hot.
- So, pour the slices of red fish and pike perch or cod fillets, put the potatoes cut into 6 slices and cook for 15 minutes (if they were poured with cold water - 30 minutes).
- Open the lid, salt and put spices. Turn on the heating mode and simmer for about an hour.
- In the finished soup, squeeze a lemon and put on a spoonful of chopped greens.
Recipe 4. Ear in a multivariate with millet
- Any fish - 700 g
- Potatoes - 3-4 tuber
- Millet - half a cup
- Carrots - a pair of small root vegetables
- Parsley - one lush whole plant (root and green)
- Onion - 2 small onions
- Peas pepper, bay leaf, rosemary, salt - to taste
- This is the fastest recipe for soup in a slow cooker, allowing you to cook everything in one go. But you need a canvas bag with ties, and quite large.
- Fish cut and cut into large chunks. Put in a linen bag and tie.
- Put a small bag of fish, large diced potatoes, thoroughly washed millet, sliced carrots, whole peeled onions and parsley root in a multicooker bowl.
- Fill with cold water and cook for half an hour with the “Quenching” mode.
- Take a bag of fish, onions and parsley root out of the multicooker, put salt, bay leaves, rosemary, pepper and parsley, not too finely chopped, and continue cooking for another 10 minutes with the same mode.
- Disassemble the fish from the bag and move it to the ear separately; You can also serve sliced lemon.
Recipe 5. Fish soup in a slow cooker with rice
- Carp - 300 g
- Small fish (for example, small perches) - 500 g
- Onion - one
- Rice - two thirds cup
- Tomatoes - 3-4 small or one and a half large
- Greens, bay leaf, pepper - to taste
- Clean the fish; trifle can be cut into two parts each; Do not cut a piece of carp.
- Fill the fish with water at room temperature, put the whole but previously cleaned onion head there and cook for 30 minutes with the “Quenching” mode.
- Strain the broth; give a trifle to cats, onion is set aside for now, and the carp is divided into pieces and laid out on a plate: they should then be given separately to the ear, because there are relatively many stones in the carp.
- Pour rice in broth and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scald the tomatoes and peel them. Take the onions cooked with fish. Grind vegetables with a blender.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes and onions into the soup, add salt, put lavrushka, pepper and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Before serving, sprinkle with chopped greens.
Recipe 6. Ear in the "From the Rooster" multicooker
- Chicken broth - 1 liter
- Pike perch or cod - 500 g
- Potatoes - 4-5 tubers
- Carrots - 1 piece
- Parsley and dill - a bunch of small
- Ordinary spices and spices for fish soup - to taste
- The peculiarity of this recipe is that the ear is boiled on ready-made broth, and not on fish, but on chicken. This dish is very nutritious and is especially recommended for people who need to recover their strength.
- Clean the fish and place it in the multicooker bowl with the bulb. Pour warm or even hot broth and cook for 20 minutes.
- Get the fish and onions, strain the broth, then put the diced potatoes, carrots, cut into cubes, circles or semicircles. Cook for 20 minutes. Fish free from bones.
- Add salt and spices and hold for half an hour on the “Heated” mode.
- Put boneless fish pieces and chopped parsley and dill in plates with fish soup.
Multicooker Ear: Tricks and Tips & Tricks
- Parsley and bay leaves are commonly used as spice to the ear in the multicooker. But you can experiment and put a little cumin: the taste will be original.
- You can add a little saffron or turmeric to your ear to get an amber color. Just do not overdo it: these spices give not only color, but also a peculiar aroma.
- To quickly wash your hands or dishes from fishy smell, use cold water and ordinary lumpy soap, better even household. If it does not help, wipe the dishes with a crust of something from citrus.
- If your home does not like onions or carrots in the soup, put them in a linen or gauze bag and cook in this form: then it will be easy to get everything. And, of course, you can just strain the broth.