Shawarma is one of the most delicious types of fast food. The dish is simple, consists of simple products, but it turns out incredibly tasty. With all this, shawarma is easy to cook at home, especially with chicken.
Shawarma with chicken in pita bread - general principles of cooking
Chicken for shawarma can take any, but most often use fillets from the breast. It is cut, seasoned with spices. At home, just fried in a dry skillet or with a small amount of oil. Next, prepare fresh vegetables, because most often they complement the bird. Usually use cabbage, cucumbers. Tomatoes, there are very tasty options with Korean carrots, such a step-by-step recipe can be found just below.
The indispensable component of shawarma is thin Armenian lavash. A chicken with vegetables is wrapped in it and must be added to the sauce. Usually, kiosks use just mayonnaise, ketchup or mustard in various combinations. But much tastier is obtained with the addition of spices and garlic, herbs, lemon juice.
How to roll shawarma:
1. Spread pita bread on the table, sometimes smeared with sauce. But if the filling is very wet, then it is better not to do it.
2. Layer out the chicken and vegetable stuffing at one end.
3. Bend the near edge of the pita bread, hide the filling.
4. Bend the sides inward.
5. Twist the roll.
Sometimes an open shawarma is prepared, which is simply rolled up like a roll. Another option - one open edge, it turns out a kind of glass. Closed shawarma after cooking can be fried in a frying pan. With an open dish it will not work. Especially beautiful looks pita, which is heated on the grill.
Shawarma with chicken in pita bread (stepped with cabbage)
One of the most juicy and delicious shawarma recipes with chicken in pita bread, step by step described the process of cooking the filling and sauce. Cabbage salad is not recommended to be done in advance and the more salted. In order not to provoke a premature release of juices. Ingredients
• single chicken breast;
• 150 g cabbage;
• 1 small carrot or half;
• 1 pepper;
• 2 tsp. lemon juice;
• 20 ml of oil;
• two pita bread;
• 1 tsp. seasonings for chicken;
• a tomato.
For the sauce:
• 1 tbsp. l ketchup;
• a clove of garlic;
• 2 tbsp. l mayonnaise;
• salt pepper;
• 4 sprigs of dill.
1. Rinse the breast, remove the skin and bones or immediately take a clean filet. Dry with napkins, cut into plates of 0.5-1 cm.
2. Mix chicken seasoning and butter, add lemon juice. Grate the chicken pieces with the prepared mixture, leave for five minutes.
3. Preheat a dry frying pan. We take dishes with a coating, to which nothing burns. We spread the pieces of chicken and fry for three minutes on each side. Focusing on a ruddy crust, no need to over-dry the fillets. Put it in a bowl, let it cool.
4. Shred cabbage and rub a carrot to it. We take our hands to remove the volume of the mass.
5. Cut the tomato into small slices, combine with the salad. Add chopped Bulgarian pepper. You can use fresh cucumber instead of tomato or pepper or put it in addition.
6. Chicken plates cut across the straw.
7. Prepare the sauce for shawarma. To do this, mix ketchup with mayonnaise, squeeze a clove of garlic to them, but you can add more, add chopped greens. Salt Since the vegetables are juicy, a lot of sauce is not needed.
8. Cut each pita in half, you get four small shawarma. Or we prepare two large convolutions, as you like.
9. Lubricate pita does not need anything. Put a little vegetable mixture, lay out the chicken on it. We try to distribute the products evenly, so that the shawarma will be the same size.
10. Now grease the chicken cooked sauce.
11. And again we make a vegetable layer, cover the fillet pieces. They are soaked with the juice of vegetables and sauce, they will become juicy, soft.
12. Spin shawarma with chicken in pita bread. Step by step the process is described just above.
13. Optionally, lay out the convolutions on a hot, but dry frying pan. Fry first on one side and then on the other.
Shawarma with chicken in pita bread (stepping with mushrooms)
In this recipe for chicken shawarma in pita bread, the process of making a very fragrant filling is described step by step. Fresh champignons will be used for it. You can cook similarly with pickled mushrooms, too, will be delicious.
• 5 champignons;
• 250 g chicken;
• one onion;
• two pita bread;
• 120 g cabbage;
• 2 spoons of ketchup;
• 70 g sour cream;
• 0.5 carrots;
• oil and spices;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 1 tsp. mustard;
• greens to taste.
1. Wash the chicken fillet. Wipe the piece dry, cut into strips, sprinkle with salt and pepper, stir.
2. Heat a couple of tablespoons of butter in a pan, fry the chicken on the fire just above average until cooked. Put in a bowl.
3. Cut the washed champignons in small pieces.
4. Add a spoonful of butter to the pan after the chicken, add the mushrooms and fry for ten minutes. Must evaporate all the water, be sure to stir.
5. We cut onion finely onions, pour in mushrooms, fry together for about three minutes until the onion is soft. Fill with salt, if desired, we pepper and throw a spoonful of sour cream. Stir, turn off.
6. Cool the mushrooms.
7. Cut the cabbage into strips, add half of the grated carrot, but you can without it. We throw a pinch of salt, mnem hands, so that the cabbage becomes soft.
8. Cut a cucumber into strips, pour in to cabbage. With him salad knead is not necessary.
9. Cut any greens to your taste. You can take dill or parsley, add to the vegetable filling.
10. Mix the ingredients of the sauce: squeeze garlic into sour cream, add a teaspoon of mustard to them, add spices. Optionally, you can add a little lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, the sauce will be more reminiscent of mayonnaise.
11. Shift the sauce to the chicken, stir.
12. Spread pita bread on the table. Lubricate the ketchup half on the side on which the filling will be located. Let this part soften well.
13. Put a layer of cabbage salad.
14. On it we lay out a mixture of chicken and sauce. You can simply put the chicken first, then pour the sauce on top, but it turns out more delicious and the pieces are better soaked. 15. Now there are mushrooms. We deliberately added a little sour cream, so that they too were juicy, soaked.
16. We complete the assembly of shawarma with a finishing layer of vegetables.
17. Carefully fold the envelope or simply roll the roll with open edges. Like more like it. Serve at the table immediately, you can pre-fry on the grill or in a frying pan.
Shawarma with chicken in pita bread (stepping with Korean carrots and eggplants)
A delicious recipe for delicious shawarma with chicken in pita bread, described in detail the preparation of savory fillings. Korean carrot for her, you can do it yourself or just buy in the store. You can use a classic salad or with any additives.
• 270 g chicken fillet;
• 130 g Korean carrots;
• 2 small eggplants;
• 2.5 Art. l mayonnaise;
• fresh cucumber;
• 1 tbsp. l soy sauce;
• salt and pepper;
• 5 sprigs of parsley;
• 1 tbsp. l walnuts;
• a clove of garlic;
• two standard pita breads.
1. Start cooking the filling better with eggplant, as they require pre-treatment. Cut blue little straws. Sprinkle with salt, forget about them for about fifteen minutes.
2. While you can prepare chickens. We cut the fillet into straws, too, fry in a greased, but not poured, pan until cooked. At the end, pour soy sauce, hold for another couple of minutes to form a beautiful crust, and pour into a bowl. Let the bird cool down.
3. Add some oil to the pan. We put on the stove to warm up.
4. Rinse the eggplants from excess salt, squeeze by hand, put in a frying pan and fry until ready. We do this on high heat, so that the pieces do not break or fall apart.
5. Eggplants are also cooled.
6. We are engaged in Korean carrots. If there is a lot of liquid, then just decant. Spread the carrot on a chopping board, cut into pieces of 2-3 cm, just a bunch, like greens. If this is not done, then the shawarma will not be very convenient.
7. Combine the carrots with eggplants, stir. 8. Peel and chop the garlic, pour in eggplants.
9. Chop the parsley and add to the vegetables.
10. Cut the cucumber into strips. He will give a pleasant fresh notes, send in a vegetable filling. You can use a tomato or pepper, they are also perfectly combined with carrots and eggplant.
11. We chop walnuts, but you can cook them without them, we fill up eggplants, stir.
12. To the chicken put one spoon of mayonnaise, you can use sour cream. Also mix.
13. We collect shawarma on pita bread. Lubricate the sheets with the remnants of mayonnaise, lay out a little eggplant with carrots, then a layer of chicken and vegetables again.
14. We twist the envelopes. Optionally, fry them in addition and heat them in a dry frying pan.
Shawarma with chicken in pita bread - useful tips and tricks
• All products for shawarma can be prepared in advance, put in containers and left in the fridge, but salting and dressing with sauces is impossible. At the right time, it will only be necessary to quickly assemble a dish, fry for a couple of minutes in a frying pan.
• It is not necessary to specially cook chicken for shawarma. Kebab left? You can put it in the dish! Got a smoked ham? He, too, amiss! Even ordinary boiled or roasted poultry can be used, but you have to spice up additional spices for taste.
• If there is no ketchup, then you can use tomato paste for shawarma. The sauce needs to be slightly diluted with water, seasoned with spices, garlic.