Turnip is a root vegetable with a delicate sweetish taste, which is distinguished by some sharpness and a pleasant, specific aroma. It is eaten raw in salads, turnips are fried, stewed, baked, put in soups instead of potatoes. There are many dessert dishes from turnip, tasty and healthy.
Don't know what to make from turnip? Recipes for quick and tasty root dishes will help to prepare a healthy dish for every taste and for any table.
General principles of cooking turnip dishes
• Even an inexperienced cook will be able to cook turnip dishes according to our recipes quickly and tasty. Raw turnip salads are cooked in minutes, the soup or fried dish with root vegetables will be ready in less than half an hour, depending on the additional ingredients. Turnips are baked, getting desserts and light snack dishes, with her are preparing casseroles and puddings.
• There are many varieties of turnips. The taste of root crops with white flesh is more tender and such turnips are better absorbed. In the roots with yellow color, the flesh is fleshy and has a richer taste.
• It is important to choose the right turnip. Preference is given to a young root, the size of a fist, without cracks, with delicate skin - it is they who have the most tender and fleshy flesh. If you take a turnip in your hand and evaluate it by weight, it should be quite weighty for its size. Light root vegetables, as a rule, contain voids or their pulp is not juicy and loose. If possible, pay attention to the tops, wilted leaves should not be.
• Root crop has a bright peculiar taste. The main and snack dishes from turnip, the recipes for quick and easy preparation of which are given in the article, do not need spicy and fragrant spices, they can clog their basic taste. Turnip goes well in desserts with products such as milk, honey, cottage cheese. They should be flavored with vanilla or cinnamon, as boiled turnip, which in the form of mashed potatoes is mixed with other components, has a neutral taste and aroma.
Turnip Dishes: A Quick and Tasty Salad Recipe
Turnip salads are very helpful. They will be a good addition to any main course. light salads are great for diet food. We offer a recipe for a quick turnip salad with lettuce leaves, greens and cheese, dressed with sour cream. For a dietary dish, sour cream can be replaced with yogurt or use a fermented milk product with the lowest percentage of fat.
• turnip - 180 gr .;
• half a cup of medium-fat sour cream;
• 120 gr. “Dutch” cheese;
• a small bunch of dill;
• fresh lettuce leaves - 60 gr.
1. We wash the lettuce leaves, lay them on a towel and dry well. Also wash and dry the dill.
2. Rub a turnip with a large grater, sprinkle with salt and, mixing well, let stand five minutes. The released juice is completely drained.
3. Grind cheese on a large grater. Grind dried greens - lettuce leaves are cut into thin strips, small chop the dill.
4. Put the greens and cheese to the turnip, add some sour cream, add some salt. Carefully stirring the salad, enter the remaining sour cream.
Dishes made from turnip recipes: how to cook light vegetable garnish quickly and tasty
Prepare a light vegetable garnish from chopped turnips and bitter onions. Vegetables are fried in vegetable oil with added sugar and flour. The dish can be served as a snack.
• half a kilo of turnips;
• two tablespoons of flour;
• spoonful of sugar;
• vegetable oil - half a cup;
• 200 gr. bitter onions.
1. Having washed the turnip, carefully wash off all the dirt, we will not remove the peel. Remove the tip from the tops and bottom of the root.
2. We cut the turnip with a thin straw, if there is a shredder, we use it.
3. Cut the onion into half rings, combine with turnip, sprinkle with sugar and mix well. Sprinkle with flour and mix well again. 4. Pour the oil into a thick-walled frying pan, heat it over medium heat. Dip vegetables in boiling fat, fry on medium heat until golden brown. Stirring regularly, cook up to a quarter of an hour. At the tenth minute, add half a spoonful of salt.
Dishes from turnip recipes: how to quickly and tasty bake turnips with minced meat under cheese
Stuffed turnip, another one of the simple and delicious side dishes. Root vegetables are pre-boiled, then filled with roasted minced meat mixed with turnip pulp. So that the boiled root vegetable does not dry out when baking, and in order to get a gentle blush it is smeared with butter, cooked until the cheese melts, about a quarter of an hour. If you like cheese crust, you can hold the turnip in the oven and a little longer.
• one kilogram of turnips;
• vegetable oil - two teaspoons;
• 100 gr. ground beef;
• butter - 80 gr .;
• 20 gr. hard, high-quality cheese.
1. Wash off the dirt with turnips, fill with cool water and set to cook. As soon as the vegetable is soft, we get it out of the boiling water and cool it.
2. Cut off the turnip with a thin layer of peel, cut out the core. We make the funnel wide and deep so that there is enough space for the filling.
3. Fry the minced meat in vegetable oil until golden brown. Cook, often stirring, breaking up large pieces of it with a fork. At the end add a little pepper and salt.
4. Cut the pulp into smaller cubes and combine with roasted minced meat. Filling the holes in the roots.
5. Put the stuffed root vegetables on a baking sheet, pour half a centimeter of water. Watering turnip with melted butter, sprinkle with finely worn cheese.
6. Put the baking tray in a preheated oven, cook until melting cheese, about a quarter of an hour.
Dishes from the turnip recipes: how to cook light and easy soup without potatoes
A simple recipe for easy soup, where turnips are added instead of potatoes. Prepared on the water, which makes the dish dietary, if desired soup, with turnips can be cooked on any meat and bone broth. Ingredients:
• 160 gr. fresh cabbage;
• one and a half liters of water;
• turnip medium size;
• small carrot;
• two tomatoes;
• parsley root;
• small onion;
• one and a half tablespoons of vegetable oil;
• fresh dill, parsley - three twigs;
• sour cream.
1. Peel parsley root, carrot, turnip and onion. We wash the greens and vegetables, dill and parsley are laid out on a towel to dry. Separate the stems, tied in a bunch of thread.
2. We cut carrot, parsley root into thin straws, tomatoes with slices with thin ringlets. Cut onions into half rings, turnips with small lobules, cabbage in small cubes or straws.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan, put all the vegetables in it, except cabbage. While stirring, fry over medium heat for about seven minutes, until soft.
4. Bringing to a boil and a half liters of water, lower the cabbage. After waiting for the re-boiling, put the browned vegetables. Salting, boil with a slight boil for 15 minutes.
5. Put the “bouquet” of the stems in the soup, add tomatoes, cook until cabbage. At the end of the spices are removed. We let go, flavored with sour cream and sprinkled with chopped greens.
Dishes from the turnip recipes: how to cook quickly and tasty semolina pudding with turnips
Not all children like semolina, and you will not force everyone to taste the turnip. You can do it easier, cook airy pudding from semolina with turnips. It is prepared not too difficult, but the dish is obtained with a double benefit.
• milk - 150 ml;
• 450 gr. turnips;
• Frozen homemade cream or butter, 50 grams;
• large egg;
• 50 gr. fresh, dry decoys;
• two spoons of white breadcrumbs;
• 30 gr. any honey;
• vanilla powder - 1 gr .;
• sour cream, with fat content not lower than 20% - 100 gr .;
• spoon of sugar refined sugar.
1. Cut off the peeled turnip with small slices, dip in boiling water. From the moment of boiling, cook over medium heat until soft. We decant the water, we interrupt the softened vegetable with a blender to the state of puree. 2. Cook thick porridge from semolina - heat the milk with intense heat, add honey and lightly salt. As you warm up, stir thoroughly to dissolve the honey completely. As soon as the first signs of boiling appear, intensively stirring the milk in a circle, quickly, but gradually pour semolina. Boil for about a minute, turn off, stir in the oil. Cool slightly, add egg yolk.
3. Combine the semolina with mashed turnip, add vanilla and stir for a long time to get a homogeneous mass. To speed up the process, you can use a blender or a mixer.
4. Separately, whip protein in foam. Gently interfere with the protein mass in a mixture of cereal and vegetables.
5. Rub the bottom and sides of the refractory mold with butter. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and lay out the foundation for the pudding, level.
6. Bake the pudding in a hot oven for 25 minutes, serve, slightly cooled, with sour cream mixed with sugar.
Dishes from a turnip recipes: how to cook cottage cheese casserole with a turnip quickly and tasty
Curd casserole with turnip, another recipe for healthy dishes for children's menu. As in the previous one, turnips are boiled until soft, after which, in ground form, mixed with cottage cheese. The casserole turns out moderately sweet, so to the table with it is better to apply sour cream or yogurt.
• small carrot;
• 120 gr. cottage cheese;
• half a spoonful of semolina;
• tablespoon of sugar;
• two raw eggs;
• spoon of butter;
• white breading (finely ground crackers).
1. Wash the turnips with water and remove the skin with a thin layer. Cut into medium-sized slices, sprinkle in a small amount of water, until softened. Without pouring broth, interrupt all the blender in mashed potatoes.
2. On a medium grater, rub carrots in a turnip puree, add sugar. Mix thoroughly, put on a small fire. Intensively stirring boiling puree, pour semolina in a thin stream, warm up for about ten seconds and cool. 3. Cottage cheese fray through a sieve in a wide bowl. Add the cooled mass of turnip and semolina, mixing until smooth, we introduce one egg.
4. Rub the walls and bottom of the refractory mold with butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Having filled the container with curd mass, put it in the oven, which was preheated to 180 degrees. Cooking casserole of cottage cheese a little less than half an hour.
Dishes made from turnips: recipes quickly and tasty - useful tips and tricks
• Immediately put overripe large fruits to the side, it is not necessary to take wilted wrinkled root vegetables. Such a turnip will be bitter because of the high content of mustard oil, the amount of which increases with ripening and wilting of the root.
• If the correctly selected turnip is still bitter, pour boiling water over it - bitterness will go away.
• It is not necessary to bring boiled turnip to puree state with a blender. Her flesh is so tender that it makes it possible to prepare a homogeneous mass by simply chafing a root vegetable on a sieve.
• Store turnips in the refrigerator for up to a month if packed tightly in a bag. Root vegetables must be dry and without tops.