Homemade sprat from herring is one of the most profitable and tasty dishes.
Anyone who cooks it at least once will no longer want to go to the store for a can of canned food.
Homemade sprats, as well as purchased counterparts, are also used for salads, sandwiches, as an addition to potato side dishes.
But how to cook them?
Sprat of herring at home - general principles of preparation
For the dish you can use any herring, even the smallest. In general, sprats can be cooked with heads and tails. But we do for ourselves. Therefore, it is better to spend a little time and get rid of all unnecessary.
Sprats with herring at home are prepared by boiling in a dressing, stewing or languishing in the oven. You can also use the multicooker. After cooking, the sprat is cooled in its own pot. While the fish is hot, it is better not to touch it, in order to preserve the integrity of the carcass.
What is usually put in the gas station:
1. Salt, sugar. Give the taste.
2. Black tea. Gives color, and tannins help to maintain the density of the fish and do not allow to boil soft.
3. Liquid smoke. They put it for flavor, but you can do without it.
4. Onion peel. Gives a brighter color and a golden hue. With her, sprats look more like purchased canned goods.
But fragrant spices do not add much. Mainly limited to bay leaf and peppercorns. And put in a limited amount, since in the process of long-term heat treatment the aroma becomes saturated and it is important not to overdo it.
Store ready sprats in the refrigerator. But often rolled into banks. In this case, when cooking, add vinegar, which contributes to better storage of the workpiece.
Recipe 1: Simple sprat of herring at home with tea
One of the simplest recipes of sprat from herring at home. To make them you need a good tea brew and two hours of time. Preparing a dish in the oven, you can use immediately. Ingredients
• 500 grams of herring;
• 2 leaves of laurel;
• salt 1 spoon;
• 3 peppercorns;
• 100 grams of oil;
• 1.5 teaspoons tea leaves.
You will also need dishes with thick walls or just heat-resistant. You can use a cast iron skillet.
1. Taki sprats can be cooked from a whole fish, but it is better to gut. So it will be more pleasant to use, nevertheless we do it for ourselves. We clean the skin, remove the head, cut off the lower part of the tail, capturing 1 centimeter. This site is still dry and tasteless.
2. We put the fish in shape. It is very important to lay out tightly so that it retains its shape during the cooking process. We lay the ridge up in rows in a single layer.
3. Brew tea with 400 ml of boiling water. Let it brew for half an hour, then filter, mix with salt. It is better not to use tea leaves from tea bags, take large leaf tea.
4. We throw peppercorns and bay leaves to the fish, add tea leaves and vegetable oil on top. It is possible with a smell or without, does not play a special role.
5. Put the dishes in the oven. Bring to a boil liquid at 150 degrees. Then reduce the temperature to 120 degrees and cook for 2 hours. The fish should not actively boil, it will languish.
6. Get out, cool and ship to the table!
Recipe 2: Sprat of herring at home with liquid smoke
The recipe is very fragrant sprat from herring at home, in which you need to add liquid smoke. Of course, this is not entirely natural and useful. But sometimes you can?
• 1 kg of herring;
• 200 ml of oil;
• 1 spoon of sugar;
• 200 grams of tea;
• 2 tablespoons of salt;
• 10 peppercorns;
• 8 ml of liquid smoke;
• 1 tsp. vinegar.
Preparing a dish on the stove in a cauldron or saucepan.
1. Wash it, clean, remove the head.
2. We combine black tea with liquid smoke and vegetable oil. Add vinegar, add sugar and salt and mix vigorously. Grains should be completely dissolved.
3. At the bottom of the cauldron we throw peppercorns, bay leaves.
4. We put fish. Each layer is poured over the prepared dressing. This is to ensure that the oil and salt are evenly distributed. 5. Now we need to take a flat plate, the size of which is slightly less than the diameter of the cauldron. Cover the fish. You can use any flat cover, but it should be heavy.
6. We put our billet on the plate, but not far away.
7. As soon as the fish sprats boil, you need to reduce the heat to a minimum. We cover the cauldron with a native lid and forget about the sprats for two hours.
8. After this time, you can open, remove the cover, try the fish for softness and taste. If everything is normal, then turn off. But you can also extend the time for the bones to be broken off.
Recipe 3: Sprat of herring at home with soy sauce
Soy sauce is the ingredient that gives homemade sprat from herring an original note and a pleasant aroma. Preparing a dish on the stove in the cauldron, but requires daily marinating. Take any ready-made soy sauce.
• 200 grams of tea;
• 200 grams of oil;
• 1200 grams of herring;
• 100 grams of soy sauce;
• 0.5 tablespoons of salt;
• 1 spoonful of sugar;
• bay leaf.
1. Flush herring, gut, cut off all unnecessary.
2. Add soy sauce and leave while doing the pouring.
3. Combine strong tea with butter, put sugar and salt, bay leaf.
4. Pour into the fish, put on the stove.
5. Boil the sprats under the lid for exactly an hour. If the Baltic herring is large, then you can increase the time by 20 minutes. All this time we don’t touch the fish so as not to damage its integrity.
6. Cool and keep the dish in the refrigerator for at least a day. And only after that it can be touched, get herring and taste unrealistically delicious sprats.
Recipe 4: Sprat of herring at home “Golden” with onion peel
For the preparation of such homemade sprat from herring will need a decoction of onion peel. But we will also use black tea to keep the fish dense.
• 1 kg of herring;
• water 1 liter;
• a glass of tea;
• 2.5 tablespoons of salt;
• 40 grams of husk;
• 140 grams of oil;
• 1.5 tablespoons of sugar;
• 10 peas of pepper.
Cooking 1. Going through the husk. Spoiled and very dirty immediately discarded. The rest of the husk is washed, pour a liter of pure water and boil for 10 minutes. Cool and then filter.
2. Pour a glass of strong, freshly brewed tea into the decoction.
3. Add salt with sugar, butter, peppercorns.
4. Free the fish from the heads, cut off the tails and fins, put them in the pan.
5. Fill with cooked broth peels with spices.
6. Cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 1.5 hours. Stir and touch the herring is not worth it, otherwise you can damage.
7. Cool the sprats in the broth and put them in the fridge for 10 hours. Then we get, we shift them by bank or immediately send to the table.
Recipe 5: Sprats of herring at home in a slow cooker
For the preparation of such sprat from herring at home will need a slow cooker. This miracle helper with cheers will cope with this dish and cook it at its best. A classic recipe for tea brewing.
• 1 kg of herring;
• 1 cup of tea
• 70 ml of oil;
• 1 spoon of salt;
• any spices.
1. Brew strong tea, put a spoon of tea leaves in a glass of boiling water. Insist, then filter.
2. Put the salt, vegetable oil.
3. Clean the sprat. We do everything as usual. But if you are too lazy to cut off the fins, then you can simply wash the carcasses and remove the heads.
4. Put the fish in a multicooker container in tight rows.
5. Now pour the refueling.
6. Close our assistant and turn on the fire for two hours. After the readiness signal, do not forget to turn off the heating, leave it to cool completely.
Recipe 6: Sprat of herring at home in banks
A wonderful recipe billet sprat from herring at home. From this amount of fish you get four cans of 0.5 liters. It will be easy to calculate the cost of home canned food and pleasantly surprised.
• 1.6-1.8 kg of herring;
• 100 ml of oil;
• 25 grams of salt;
• 15 ml of liquid smoke;
• 300 ml of tea;
• 1 spoon of vinegar.
1. Prepare the fish. Remove heads, tails, put in a saucepan. 2. Mix tea with salt, vinegar and oil, immediately put liquid smoke and send the dressing to the fish.
3. Cover and simmer for two and a half hours after boiling.
4. While preparing herring, you need to handle the jars with lids. You can sterilize over steam, in boiling water, in the oven. We do as convenient.
5. Now the most crucial moment. It is necessary to spread the herring in jars, trying to leave it whole, not to damage the skin.
6. When the cans are full, top up with a hot dressing from the saucepan and roll up the lids.
7. Cool and ship to the basement for long term storage.
Sprat of herring at home - tips and tricks
• The time indicated in the sprat recipes is indicative. If the fish are large or want to get a softer product, then it can be increased. And vice versa. Small herring does not have to be kept in the oven for a long time.
• If you want to get tighter and firmer sprats, then you can simply increase the amount of tea brewing in the recipe.
• Hot sprats are very easy to damage. And with a peeled skin, they are no longer so beautiful. Therefore, it is not recommended to remove them from the dish until it is completely cooled. Also immersion in the fill contributes to the improvement of the juiciness of the product and improve the taste.
• Nedosol on the table, salting on the head - this is not about sprats. Salted sprats are still tasty, you can put them in salads, on sandwiches and add to different dishes. But unsalted billet all the taste and beauty. Do not be afraid to try the dish in the cooking process, bring to your desired taste with spices.