The sweet cake that proceeds with alluring aroma and heat, is often called by all kinds of people as a symbol of comfort, family well-being and happiness.
There are many proverbs and sayings about the pies in the people - “Red and dull red in stacks, and the table - in pies”. So everyone, as he likes to cook and wants to give himself, family and friends an unforgettable, soulful tea, recipes useful fruit pies with berries.
- 200 g of cranberry jam;
- 180 g butter;
- 10 g baking powder;
- 350 g of flour;
- 50 g of regular sugar;
- 1 egg;
- pinch of table salt.
- Stir in 180 g of flour with butter.
- Mix salt and sugar, beat in an egg.
- Add the remaining flour and baking powder.
- Knead the dough, divide it into two parts and place the smaller one for half an hour in the freezer.
- Pour the remaining portion of the dough into the form.
- Spread the jam on top.
- Remove the cooled dough from the freezer, grate it on a coarse grater and sprinkle evenly over the jam.
- Place the cake pan for 25 minutes in a preheated 180 ° C oven.
In addition to the named berry, this pie can also be made with lingonberries or black currants. And the top baby can turn out even more interesting if you mix roasted chopped walnuts into it.
Peach in sour cream
- 300 g of canned peaches;
- 460 g sour cream;
- 1 tsp. baking powder;
- 3 eggs;
- 160 g margarine;
- 320 g flour;
- 200 g of beet sugar.
- Stir margarine with 280 g of flour and baking powder into large pieces.
- Add 130 g of sugar.
- Add 1 egg, knead the dough and put it on the fridge shelf for 40 minutes.
- Cut the peaches into medium slices.
- Add 2 eggs to the sour cream and start beating, add the remaining sugar and flour.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, put it in the baking dish, forming low sides.
- Place the base in a preheated 180 ° C oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cake, spread the peaches evenly, pour the sour cream on top and return to the oven for 35 minutes.
For the best taste, let the finished cake cool and leave it in the fridge for 1 hour.
More nourishing pie will, if you add sour cream with grated cottage cheese.
Brownie with raspberry jam
- 200 g of chocolate with a high cocoa content;
- 25 g of cocoa powder;
- 150 g of flour;
- 150 g raspberry jam;
- 3 eggs;
- 150 g of powdered sugar;
- 1/3 tsp baking powder;
- 180 g butter butter.
- Melt chocolate and butter on the stove in the same pan, combine them into a homogeneous mass.
- Stir the icing sugar with cocoa, move to the butter-chocolate mixture, stir.
- Add eggs to the mixture.
- Add flour mixed with baking powder to all ingredients.
- Put half the dough in the form, smooth it out.
- Spread jam over the top.
- Continue with the remaining dough, level again.
- Send the brownie to the preheated oven at 175 ° C, bake for 20 minutes.
The ideal complement to the brownie served is whipped cream, and chocolate frosting can be the finishing touch to the dessert.
Plum Cake (recipe from the New York Times)
- 12 frozen dark plums;
- 175 g of sugar;
- 1 tsp. baking powder;
- lemon juice;
- a pinch of cinnamon;
- pinch of salt;
- 110 g butter;
- 2 eggs;
- 120 grams of sugar.
- Pound butter with sugar.
- Add the eggs, salt and whisk together.
- After mixing the flour with baking powder, add it to the resulting mass.
- Spread the dough into the mold and spread it over the half of the plums (sandpaper down). Sprinkle the fruit generously with lemon juice.
- Stir a spoonful of sugar with cinnamon, sprinkle plums.
- Send the cake to an oven heated to 175 ° C for 45 minutes.
- When serving, supplement each portion with a scoop of ice cream.
If you want to make the cake more original, then a quarter of the beet sugar in the recipe should be replaced with brown sugar (cane).
In the US kitchen this is one of the most famous pies, the legends of which are still legendary. For example, it is said that his year after year from the mid-80s and through the second half of the 90s were forced to publish, according to numerous requests from readers, the headline of the recipe, the newspaper.
Apple jam pie
- 200 g of apple jam;
- 230 ml of milk;
- 60 g butter;
- 1 egg;
- 40 ml of vegetable oil;
- 10 g yeast;
- 430 g first-grade flour;
- 100 g of simple sugar;
- salt pinch.
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm milk.
- When the yeast begins to work, add vegetable oil and melted cream, salt.
- Stir in flour.
- Knead the not too elastic, soft dough, cover the dishes with a towel and clean in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Divide the dough in two.
- Carefully roll out one of the larger pieces and put them in a baking dish.
- Spread the jam evenly on top.
- Make curly / striped curls from the second part and place them on top of the jam so that it can be seen in between. Pigid out the cake on the edge.
- Separate the yolk from the protein. Whisk the yolk and grease the cake.
- Count on the cake proofing 20 minutes.
- Place it in an oven heated to 180 ° C for 45 minutes.
For the various decorations of this cake, you can use the upper part of the dough, giving it an openwork shape with figures of animals.
Secrets of the Perfect Cake
Practically for all pies (with the exception of sand) it is recommended to sift the flour once or twice before mixing with other ingredients - this way it will be cleared of all impurities and enriched with oxygen (and this will make the dough more airy).
To prevent the light dough cake from falling, it must first be allowed to cool for 20 minutes in the oven turned off with the door ajar, and then it is cooled to the end, without pulling out of the mold, at room temperature.
To keep the cake relatively dry, before the wet filling is laid out (for example, frozen strawberries, canned cherries), it needs to be lightly sprinkled with starch.