Bulk Meat - General Cooking Principles
Meat is a high-protein product with a high content of fat and protein. Not everyone likes grilled meats or shish kebabs, since such dishes seem very heavy to the stomach. And there is. However, this is not a reason to refuse such a useful dish! Try to cook aspic meat. Due to its special consistency, such a dish will seem light, and at the same time, it will retain the beneficial qualities of meat.
For aspic, you will need meat (beef or pork), vegetables, gelatin. It is gelatin that is “responsible” for making the filler thicker. If you plan to make aspic from bird meat, for example from chicken, then a huge amount of natural gelatin is found in the wings and legs. Cook the broth from these parts, and you can do without the store powder.
Bulk Meat - Preparing Food and Dishes
Aspic meat is meat pieces frozen in jelly. The dish is very tasty and seemingly light due to the fact that the meat is not fried in butter, but cooked. You can cook a meal just from meat, without burdening it with additives, and you can dilute the taste with vegetables and even fruits.
What is the best way to serve as a filler? We recommend pouring the dish while it is still not frozen in small silicone molds for cupcakes. The resulting dish will look supremely appetizing, and it will be convenient to eat it. However, many hostesses give the jeep to become frozen in a large plate, and then cut it into parts with a knife.
Recipes for aspic meat:
Recipe 1: Bulk Meat
Prepare aspic from beef without any additives and vegetables. Beef we tear into thin fibers, so the finished dish will look like a delicious paperweight.
- Purified water - 2 liters
- Beef (tenderloin) - 320-350 grams
- A pack of gelatin - 1 piece (20 grams)
- Salt and spices
- Parsley fresh
- Cook the meat for the filler. To do this, wash it and cut out the films and tendons. Dip the beef in boiling water, salt it, add a couple of bay leaves. When the meat boils, remove the foam with a skimmer. For full cooking, you need to cook the meat for at least seventy minutes.
- Remove the meat from the broth, cool it completely and disassemble it into fibers.
- Gelatin from the bag must be filled with water, allowed to swell.
- The resulting broth must be drained twice to full transparency. Put it on the fire and pour in the gelatin. As soon as the first bubbles appear on the surface of the broth, turn off the stove.
- Cut the greens. In the form, which will solidify aspic, put a pinch of parsley and meat fibers. Pour all the gelatin broth.
Recipe 2: Aspic Meat with Carrots
This meat aspic will be special due to the golden color of the broth and the presence of carrots among other components.
- 1.8 liters of purified water
- Veal - 310-340 grams
- Carrots - 2 pieces
- Bay leaf
- Gelatin - 1 bag (20 grams)
- Dip the veal in the water, salt it. As soon as the water boils, remove the foam with a skimmer and make the fire smaller. In the water, lower the bay leaf and salt.
- Peel the carrots and lower them into the pan as a whole. Boil the meat for about fifty minutes.
- Remove the finished meat, carrots and cut the ingredients into cubes with a knife, after they have been cooled.
- Gelatin needs to be filled with hot water and allowed to swell.
- Strain the broth twice, then put on the fire and pour the gelatin into it. As soon as the broth boils, remove it from the stove.
- In the mold, where the aspic will thicken, you need to put a pinch of greens, meat and carrots, and then pour the broth.
Recipe 3: Salted meat with cranberries
Do you believe that meat can be deliciously combined with berries? Why not! There are a large number of berry sauces that are served with roast pork or lula kebab. We will cook aspic meat with cranberries.
- Purified water for filler - 1.8 liters
- Pork - 320 grams
- Cranberries - 80 grams
- Fresh herbs (dill and parsley)
- Gelatin - 20 grams
- Bay leaf
- Meat should be washed and removed unnecessary film.
- Put a pot filled with water on the fire and put the meat in there.
- As soon as the liquid boils, salt it and remove the foam. Add bay leaf to broth.
- Boil the pork for about fifty minutes, after which the meat should be removed, cooled and cut into cubes.
- Pour gelatin with water, stir and let it swell.
- Strain the broth, put it on the fire and pour gelatin into it. Heat but do not boil.
- Chop the greens, wash the cranberries.
- Spread the cranberries with greens, pieces of meat, and fill with broth.
Recipe 4: Salted Meat (Mix)
Prepare delicious aspic by mixing different types of meat. This can be beef and pork, rabbit and lamb, or the additive in the form of poultry meat. We'll take veal and chicken for such a flooder. For filling we will use chicken broth.
- Purified water for meat filler - 3.5 liters
- Chicken fillet - 220 grams
- Veal - 220 grams
- Gelatin - 1 bag (20 grams)
- Fresh Greens
- Rinse the veal and chicken and put them to boil in different containers. Boil the fillet for twenty minutes, and veal - about an hour.
- We do not need liquid from beef, but strain the broth in which the chicken is boiled, and put it on the fire. In a separate glass you need to dilute the gelatin with water and pour it into the pot with chicken broth. Heat but do not boil.
- Meat should be divided into fibers, greens chopped.
- Spread the meat and greens in shape and cover with chicken broth.
Recipe 5: Meat with Egg
Even from the usual dish you can create something new and unusual. Try cooking jellied meat with egg white and vegetables.
- Purified water for filler - 2.2 liters
- Beef - 360 grams
- Egg - 3 pieces
- Carrot - 1 piece
- Broccoli - 200 grams
- Parsley fresh
- Gelatin - 20 grams (1 packet)
- Bay leaf - 1 piece
- We wash the beef and set to boil it, put laurel in water and salt it. Meat need to cook for at least an hour.
- As soon as the water in the pan boils, you need to remove the foam and put the cleaned whole carrots and broccoli into it. Broccoli extract after 15 minutes and finely cut.
- Put the boiled egg hard boiled. We do not need yolks, and cut the whites into cubes.
- In an hour we get carrots and meat out of the pan. Cool the meat and cut it into cubes with the carrot. Chop the greens.
- Dilute gelatin with water, add to broth and heat.
- Spread the ingredients in the molds and fill with broth.
Bulk meat - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
- When the hostess prepares the filler, the question always arises: “Where should it harden?” Many prefer the refrigerator as an easy and fast way, but cooks recommend letting the filler cool in a different cool place. The fact is that there is enough gelatin in the dish, and therefore it will inevitably thicken, just not so fast. In addition, in the fridge, jellied meat will surely incorporate “unnecessary” smells.
- Very strong in flavor and seasoning suitable for meat - parsley root. We are used to using greens, but the roots have an even more pleasant and unusual smell. Add it to the broth after it boils.
- To fill the meat in a brownish hue, add an onion to the broth, without removing the husk from it. The broth will be completely transparent if you cook the meat without additives, and then strain it twice.
- The taste of jellied meat can be varied by adding fresh sweet pepper or apple.
- Serve the finished jellied meat with mustard, mayonnaise or sour cream. You can make the sauce yourself. For example, like this: combine two raw egg yolks, a third cup of olive oil, mustard powder and chopped black olives. Beat the sauce with a blender until smooth and creamy. If desired, you can add dried tomatoes, capers, garlic, dried Provencal herbs. This sauce can be used as a seasoning for meat and fish. If you see, then the sauce is stratified, then just mix it with a spoon. The sauce is not recommended to store more than two days.
- How to serve aspic meat? Some housewives spread pieces of jellied on cold croutons and poured on top of white sauce.