Cooking aspic, at first glance, is a very time consuming procedure.
But this is only at first glance, and if the kitchen does not have such a wonderful “pan” as a pressure cooker.
After all, it is she who greatly simplifies the process, shortening the time required for digestion of natural gelatin from the bones, without which the broth cannot froze.
If the jelly cooks on the stove for ten hours, then, using a pressure cooker, this dish can be cooked in just 3-4 hours, and this, together with the time spent on preparing the products.
Jelly in a pressure cooker - the basic principles of cooking
• For cooking jelly in a pressure cooker, any meat is suitable: pork, beef, chicken, you can put poultry liver in place of meat or with it.
• From offal it is best to take parts of the carcass containing a large number of tendons and cartilaginous joints: beef shanks, pork knuckles, legs, chicken legs, it is from these parts that most of the natural gelatin needed for solidification is digested.
• All meat components must be fresh or chilled; it is best to buy meat on the market, where it is very easy to determine its freshness.
• Onions and carrots can not add, if you do not like, but it is worth noting that the onions are laid in order to make the broth more transparent, and the carrot gives it a slightly yellowish tint.
• Spices can be taken according to taste preferences, but according to the classical recipe, it is recommended to put pepper and bay leaves.
• And, of course, the most important thing is how to cook the aspic in a pressure cooker.
• First of all, the meat should be well washed in water, scraping the scorched places from the skin, and cutting off unnecessary rough areas: the skin in the hooves of the pork legs, cornified, yellow skin from chicken legs and be sure to cut off the print on the skin. • After processing, the meat pieces are laid in a pressure cooker, spices and peeled whole onions and carrots are added. Everything is filled with water, salt is added and put on the fire.
• After boiling, the formed foam is removed from the surface of the broth, and the pressure cooker is sealed with a lid. After steam comes out of the valve with a hiss of steam, the fire is reduced to a minimum, and the brawn is boiled for the time specified in the recipe.
• Then the burner is turned off and the air is released through a slightly raised valve. When all the air is out, the “hiss” will stop, the lid is opened, the broth is filtered, separating the spices and meat, and proceed according to the recipe.
Jelly in a pressure cooker “Classic” of beef
• three kilograms of beef meat set: leg, chicken drumstick, third shank, tail;
• 2 carrots, medium size;
• two onions;
• eight cloves of garlic;
• two laurel leaflets;
• several black peppercorns;
• water - 3, 200 liters.
1. Put the beef in a large bowl, cover with water and leave for 6 hours, and best of all at night.
2. Wash meat components soaked in water.
3. Carefully inspect for the presence of bone fragments, splinters caught in the cutting of meat, and wool. If necessary, scrape with a knife and place in a pressure cooker.
4. Add the peeled carrot, washed unpeeled onions, spices, spices and salt.
5. Pour the required amount of water and boil the jelly, as described in the principles of cooking for two and a half hours.
6. After removing the lid from the pressure cooker, put the meat in a separate dish and put it to cool, strain the broth through a sieve, at the bottom of which place two layers of gauze.
7. Disassemble the meat with your hands or cut it with a knife.
8. Spread the minced meat in prepared containers so that it takes about a third of the tank height. 9. Add the tendons, crushed with a knife and garlic, mix and cover with cooled broth.
10. At the bottom of the containers, you can place chopped chicken egg rings or quail halves, boiled carrot rings, greens.
Chicken jelly in a pressure cooker with gelatin
• one big chicken, weighing about 2.2 kg;
• two garlic cloves;
• three small bags of gelatin;
1. Wash the chicken carcass with water from the tap, cut out the gland from the tail and, after chopping it into pieces, lay it in a pressure cooker.
2. Fill with water, lay the spices: bay leaves, peppercorns and onion peeled, salt.
3. Put the pan on the fire and cook the jelly as described above, in the basic principles.
4. Cooking chicken aspic in a pressure cooker is recommended for two hours.
5. From the cooked broth, remove the chicken with a skimmer and place the disassembled meat without bones, joints and skin into the cooked dishes.
6. With a glass of hot broth, dilute the gelatin and pour it into a bowl with strained chicken broth, stir well, leave to cool.
7. Warm broth for brawn pour in to the decomposed chicken meat and set to freeze.
Jelly in a pressure cooker in the French style
• 3 kg of meat set for jelly: pork legs, chicken thighs, beef shank, mutton trimmings, can be replaced by pork;
• three small bulbs;
• four medium carrots;
• one small celery root;
• two garlic cloves;
• three bay leaves;
• five black pepper and allspice peppers;
• four carnation umbrellas;
• one hundred grams of baked sweet pepper;
• six pickled gherkins;
• a small bunch of parsley;
• 50 ml of whiskey or cognac;
• two small sachets of gelatin.
1. In the oven, preheated to two hundred degrees, bake the peppers. Select the seeds, peel and place in a bowl with olive oil mixed with vinegar for a couple of hours. 2. Put bones, carrots, celery and onion into two large pieces on a large deep pan and place in the oven to bake.
3. After fifteen minutes, remove the baking sheet and, having poured a glass of water into it, leave it on the table for ten minutes.
4. Transfer the bones and vegetables to a pressure cooker, add spices, pour in water, salt and stew aspic. How to cook brawn in a pressure cooker is described in the basic principles of cooking.
5. After two and a half hours, when the jelly is cooked, put the meat out of the pressure cooker, sift the broth into a clean pan and put it on the fire. Boil down the broth until it becomes three times smaller.
6. In hot broth, dilute the gelatin and let cool.
7. Fry the onion, finely chopped with a knife, until golden brown. Add the bone-cut and sliced meat with tendons and fry over low heat for two minutes.
8. Pour in brandy, put garlic, crushed with a knife, and fry for another minute.
9. Finely chop the greens, cut the gherkins, pickled baked peppers into small pieces and gently mix in a separate bowl with the roasted meat.
10. Cover the food film with a rectangular shape, leaving a margin of five centimeters in length.
11. Pour the mixture of vegetables and meat into the form, pour over the broth and lightly mix everything with a fork.
12. Wrap the hanging edges of the film and put the jelly in the fridge to set.
13. Before serving, unfold the film, lay the jelly on a large flat plate and, after removing the film, cut it into small pieces.
Jelly in a pressure cooker with tongue
• one pork leg;
• front knuckle, pork;
• pound of pulp, beef;
• small beef tongue;
• large onion;
• one tablespoon with a heap of coarse salt;
• garlic head;
• two leaves of lavrushka.
1. In cold water, soak overnight all the meat components. 2. Pulp wash and put in a pressure cooker.
3. Remove the skin from the knuckles, legs and tongue scrape the knife and add to the pulp.
4. Pour the contents of the pan with water so that the water covers all the meat and its level is two centimeters higher.
5. Put the pressure cooker on the included plate and let it boil, periodically removing the generated “noise”.
6. When it boils, put the peeled and water-washed vegetables into the broth, add spices, spices and peeled garlic. Dissolve the salt and, having waited for boiling, cover with a lid, turn down the heat and cook the jelly for an hour and a half, using the above recommendations for cooking jelly in a pressure cooker.
7. Put the meat out of the prepared jelly, strain the broth and cool.
8. Separate cooled meat from bones. Especially carefully disassemble the legs, they contain the most small bones.
9. Scratch the skin removed from the legs, tendons and cartilaginous joints in a meat grinder with a large grille, cut the tongue into small thin slices with a knife. Meat disassemble the fibers by hand or chop finely with a knife and add to the twisted components and mix well.
10. On the bottom of the pans, prepared for pouring jelly, spread out thinly sliced carrots, tongue slices, meat and cover with broth.
Jelly in a pressure cooker with chicken liver
• two pig feet;
• a pound of chicken liver;
• half a big chicken;
• large onion;
• three leaves of lavrushka.
1. Rinse the liver and half a chicken carcass under the tap. Scrape the legs under the water with a knife, especially the hooves and put everything, except the liver, in a pressure cooker.
2. Add spices, lavrushka, peeled onion and, filling the pot with water, put to a boil.
3. From the boiled broth, remove the foam, salt to taste and, covered with a lid, boil the jelly for two hours. How to cook jelly in a pressure cooker, described in the principles of cooking. 4. Boil the chicken liver in a separate saucepan until cooked and put the broth in, drain.
5. From the pressure cooker, let off steam, lay out and cool the meat.
6. Lay out the cooled chicken liver in forms, sprinkle with canned peas.
7. On the liver, lay separated from the bones, cut into small pieces of meat and chopped in a meat grinder tendon.
8. Pour strained broth over gauze and set to freeze.
Jelly in a pressure cooker from pork head
• 3 kg of pork head;
• one big carrot;
• medium sized onion;
• six allspice peppers;
• bay leaves - 2 pcs .;
• garlic head.
1. Pork head cut into large chunks of water and leave to soak overnight.
2. Remove the brain from the head, remove the fragments of small bones and, putting in a pressure cooker, pour three liters of water.
3. Add the carrot, onion and boil on the stove.
4. When it boils, lay lavrushka, add salt, close and cook, following the principles described above, for two hours.
5. Put the pieces of the boiled head into a suitable dish, strain the broth through a rare sieve.
6. Separate the meat from the bones with your hands and disassemble the fibers into large pieces.
7. In a large plate, mix the meat with the broth, add the chopped garlic and fill the resulting meat mixture with plastic bottles that have the top cut. Put the jelly bottles in the fridge.
8. When it hardens, cut the bottle and release the jelly. Prepared in this way jelly can be cut into thin slices and put on bread, eat like saltison.
Dark jelly in a pressure cooker
• 500 grams of pork ribs;
• 400 grams of pulp;
• two legs, pig;
• small onion;
• black pepper peas - 4 pcs .;
• Lavrushka sheets - 3 pcs.
1. Rinse the meat components under the tap; if necessary, scrape the legs with a knife. 2. Place a piece of pulp and legs in a pressure cooker, and put ribs on a baking sheet and place in a preheated oven for twenty minutes.
3. Transfer the baked ribs to the legs with pulp and cover with water so that the water is three centimeters higher than the meat.
4. Add salt to taste, laurel leaves and peppercorns.
5. Put the pressure cooker on the included cooker and leave to boil.
6. Remove the foam, close the lid tightly and cook the jelly in a pressure cooker for two and a half hours.
7. From the broth with a skimmer, remove the meat with bones and, after cooling, disassemble the aspic, separating the meat from the bones.
8. In a meat grinder, grind meat with tendons and skin.
9. Spread the twisted mass in the prepared molds.
10. Pour strained broth and put it freeze in the fridge.
Jelly in a pressure cooker - tricks and useful tips
• Do not overload the pressure cooker, it must be filled to the maximum mark, otherwise the valve will clog and the pressure cooker will explode. If there is no such mark, pay attention to the rivets from the handles located inside the pan, they will be the maximum mark.
• To cool the pressure cooker faster, put it in a large container with cold water.