Korean cuisine, as we know it, is rich in all sorts of vegetable salads and spicy meat dishes. Korean Pork - juicy slices of spicy meat, fried with seasonings and soy sauce. The dish harmoniously combines the piquancy of added seasonings and sourish-sweet astringency.
Korean Pork - General Cooking Principles
• In Korean cuisine, such meat is cooked in a deep frying pan with a narrowed bottom, called a wok or more usual cauldron. If there is no such dish in your kitchen, a regular frying pan will do, but it must be thick-walled. The dish can be prepared in a slow cooker, equipped with the function "Frying".
• For frying, take lean pieces of pork pulp. After washing, excess fat pieces, tendon residues and rough films are removed from it. The flesh is cut into medium-sized thin sticks or strips.
• In cooking using soy sauce. A marinade is cooked with it, in which the pork slices are kept before frying or the sauce is added during cooking. All dishes using soy sauce are salted with extreme caution, since this dressing itself is salty.
• Korean cuisine is renowned for its spiciness and high spice content. Meat is seasoned with ground hot and black pepper, ground spices are most often used with ground ginger. Additionally, for a more intense flavor, you can use ready-made sets of spices for pork.
• Garlic is an essential component of such a dish. It is added in a crushed form in the marinade or at the end of cooking for roasted meat. Garlic cloves are cut into medium-sized chunks or minced with a fine grater.
• In the preparation of dishes can be used sugar or honey. These ingredients, in combination with vinegar, give a special sweet-sour flavor.
• Korean pork is not cooked from meat alone. Carrots, onions, bell peppers, pineapples and even fresh cucumbers are added to it. The side dish is traditionally served boiled rice.
A simple Korean fried pork recipe with honey
• half a kilo of chilled pork (pulp);
• a teaspoon of honey;
• 3 tbsp. l soy dark sauce
• Food vinegar - 1 tbsp. spoon;
• chopped ginger root - 0.5 tsp;
• 1/6 tsp. pounded in a mortar of black pepper;
• A spoon of sesame seeds.
1. Grind the garlic cloves, rub them with a fine grater or push through a press.
2. Add sesame seeds and honey mixed with soy sauce. Pour the ground pepper and ginger. Add vinegar, finely chopped onion, salt and mix thoroughly.
3. Cut off excess films from meat, wash well under cold running water. Then wipe dry, cut into the form of a thin straw, put in a bowl with the marinade cooked, mix.
4. After half an hour, place the pieces of meat with the marinade in the oil heated in a frying pan and fry well on all sides.
Korean pork recipe fried with carrots and pineapples
• two small carrots;
• 200 gr. canned pineapples;
• 350 gr. pork neck;
• two spoons of corn oil;
• sugar - 1/2 tsp;
• spoon ground ginger;
• one Bulgarian pepper;
• 50 ml of soy unsalted sauce;
• half a tablespoon of starch.
1. Cut the sliced pork into slices in the direction of the fibers, no more than one and a half centimeters thick. Slightly beat off the pulp with a culinary hammer and cut into long, thin sticks.
2. Stir sugar in soy sauce, add ginger and starch, whisk lightly. Lumps should not remain.
3. Pour the slices of meat with the prepared sauce and leave it for at least half an hour.
4. Cut the Bulgarian pepper in two, remove and rinse the seeds, and cut the flesh itself into long pieces. Thin long straws shred carrots, pineapple rings - in small pieces.
5. Set the frying pan with vegetable oil to intense heat. When the fat is hot, dip a carrot and pepper in it and stir for five minutes, fry. Add pineapples, mix thoroughly and set aside.
6. In another frying pan, slightly dampen it with vegetable oil, fry the pork pieces until ready. Put the meat in the pan along with the sauce, in which it is marinated. 7. At the end of cooking for pork, place the roasted vegetables, stir, heat at medium temperature all together for about one and a half minutes and remove from the stove.
Spicy Korean-style pork stewed in a sweet and sour sauce
• a pound of lean pork pulp;
• 70 ml of dry wine;
• half spoon of ground dry ginger;
• dark soy, salty sauce - 50 ml;
• two spoons of sugar;
• a quarter spoon of red pepper;
• juice from half a lemon.
1. Put on a moderate fire thick-walled saucepan. Pour sugar evenly into it, add a teaspoon of water. Constantly stirring, dissolve the sugar and continue to heat until the caramel turns red. Be careful and patient, do not burn it!
2. Put the pork in thin slices in a skillet and continue cooking for about seven minutes until the pieces are covered with a golden crust.
3. Pour the wine into the meat, keep warming until it evaporates by half.
4. Season the meat with ground red pepper, add ginger, pour in a mixture of soy sauce, with lemon juice. Stir, tightly cover the saucepan with a lid and reduce heat to a minimum. Regularly stirring, simmer meat for forty minutes to an hour.
5. As the pork slices become soft, remove the lid, increase the heat. When the released liquid is almost no residue evaporated, and the remaining visibly thickens, turn off the heat.
Korean fried pork with fresh cucumbers
• fresh medium-sized cucumbers - 800 gr.;
• a pound of pork pulp;
• two small bulbs;
• 3 large cloves of garlic;
• a spoonful of chili sauce (0.5 spoons of hot pepper are replaced);
• sugar - less than half a spoon;
• one third of a spoonful of salt;
• one sweet pepper;
• 70 ml of soy sauce;
• crushed coriander - 1/2 tsp;
• three spoons of 5% grape or regular table vinegar;
• non-aromatic oil.
1. Rinse fresh cucumbers thoroughly, then cut them lengthwise into four pieces. Each slice cut into pieces, about 5 cm in length. Fold the cucumbers in a bowl, lightly salt and leave to stand for about half an hour.
2. Cut the peppers into long pieces, chop the onion in half rings. 3. Drain the cucumber liquid from the bowl. Season with ground red pepper, add sugar, chili sauce and chopped garlic, mix.
4. Cut the pork pulp into thin, elongated sticks and dip it in hot oil heated in an intense fire. As soon as all the moisture from the pan is evaporated, put onions on the meat and continue to fry until its pieces are softened.
5. Pour in soy sauce to the fried meat, add sweet pepper, crushed garlic press. Intensively stir the contents of the pan and place the cucumbers into the seasoned spices.
6. While stirring, add vinegar, tighten the bowl with snack food film and place in a cool place until it is completely cooled.
Korean Pork in a Multicooker with Champignons
• kilogram of fresh pork (pulp);
• 700 gr. fresh mushrooms;
• a tablespoon of honey;
• soy sauce - 75 ml;
• one and a half tablespoons of sesame seeds;
• 0.25 spoons of ground pepper;
• leek - 2 pcs .;
• spoon 9% vinegar;
• large onion;
• refined oil;
• small head of garlic.
1. Prepare the marinade. In a small bowl, combine the finely chopped or minced garlic with honey, vinegar and soy sauce. Add sesame seed, a little salt, stir. Honey must be completely dissolved.
2. Dip in the marinade half of the onion, then cut the meat into thin cubes and, mixing, set aside for half an hour. Do not add a lot of salt, soy sauce is brackish, so first try the marinade to taste.
3. While the pork is marinating, prepare the mushrooms. Rinse the mushrooms with water, cut each fungus in length, into four parts.
4. Pour some vegetable oil into the bowl of the multicooker, literally one spoon, and warm it up for five minutes in the “Frying” mode. Dip the pieces of mushrooms in the preheated fat, fry them in the prescribed mode for a quarter of an hour. Add the marinated meat without marinade, and coarsely chopped leek, mix.
5. Close the lid, simmer for 10 minutes, then open and continue cooking for at least a quarter of an hour, stirring regularly.
Korean Pork with Vegetables
• bitter onion head;
• sweet peppercorn;
• 400 gr. pork pulp (breast); • black pepper and any spices for pork;
• small, sweet carrot;
• 0.3 teaspoon hot pepper;
• a spoon of soy salty sauce;
• corn oil - 50 ml;
• fresh parsley.
1. Slice cold-washed pork into narrow sticks. Cut onion into thin half-rings, and peeled peppers and carrots into medium-sized straws, and garlic cloves are smaller.
2. Put the pieces of meat in the vegetable oil in a heated frying pan and fry with intensive heating, stirring regularly, until an appetizing crust appears.
3. Add to the pork soy sauce, and, without reducing the heat, cook another three minutes.
4. Put all the chopped vegetables in the pan at once and continue to fry. After about four minutes, when the pieces of vegetables are softened, season everything with spices, pepper it with red pepper, adding it to your taste. Pour chopped garlic, mix and soak on fire for a couple more minutes.
5. Add the finely chopped parsley to the meat fried with vegetables, stir well, heat the dish on low heat for about a minute and remove from the stove.
The tricks of cooking pork in Korean, useful tips and features of marinating
• Pork will be roasted faster and will be softer, if the meat is sliced into slices at first slightly beaten off and only after that cut into pieces of the required size.
• Ready meat should be juicy. To keep the juice in the pulp to the maximum, spread it only in a well-warmed fat and fry on an intense fire, to a bright crust.
• If you pre-pork the marinade with the addition of soy sauce and put it in the pan along with the marinade, the dish will turn out to be more fragrant and will have a richer flavor.