What only liver dishes are cooked! Her stew, baked, make salads, pancakes, snack cakes and much more. And the liver can be stuffed, with a wide variety of products. Such a dish looks original on the table, for many it is outlandish and unusual. But in fact, stuffed liver is easy to prepare. Surprise native culinary skills?
Stuffed Liver - General Cooking Principles
For stuffing you will need beef or pork liver in a large piece. Poultry by-product is not suitable. Before cooking, the liver must be washed, removed film and always wipe with a towel to remove residual moisture.
To stuff the liver in two ways:
1. Make pockets. For this method it is better to use a piece of liver with a margin. An inner cut is made, which is then filled with filling. Sometimes a piece of pulp is taken out so that the pocket is more spacious.
2. Making rolls. The product is cut into slices, as in chops. Then each piece is beaten off, filled with filling and rolled up.
For the filling, you can use any products that combine the liver. But most often it is: vegetables, eggs, mushrooms, porridge. Stuffed liver is brought to readiness by roasting, stewing or baking in the oven. Sometimes several methods are used simultaneously. That is, the workpiece is first fried and then stewed or baked.
Recipe 1: Gomel Stuffed Liver
National Belarusian dish has several variations. The filling is fat, which gives the missing juicy juice to the stuffed liver. The dish looks spectacular, festive. It is best to use beef liver, with pork offal is not so tasty.
Ingredients • 200 grams of liver;
• 60 grams of bacon;
• 1 onion;
• vegetable oil;
1. We clean the liver of films, cut them into plates 1.5 cm thick and beat them into pellets up to 0.5 cm.
2. Pour some butter into the pan, put the sliced onion and pass until it is transparent.
3. Fat cut into thin and put on a slice on each piece of the liver. Then we put onion roasting, sprinkle the construction with salt and pepper, roll up into rolls, tie up with threads.
4. Fry the liver rolls on both sides, no need to bring to readiness.
5. Put the stuffed liver in the saucepan, add a little broth, add salt and stew for 10 minutes. If desired, add roots, flavored spices to the pan.
6. Cool the stuffed liver without removing it from the broth. This will allow her to stay juicy. Then we take the rolls, remove the threads, cut into transverse pieces and can be served on the table.
Recipe 2: Stuffed Liver with Carrots and Fat
The recipe for making stuffed liver with a whole piece. Baked in the oven, in foil. It turns out unusually soft, juicy, fragrant. But special attention should be paid to the removal of films from the product, they should not remain. The quantity of products for filling is taken by eye, but not much.
• a piece of liver 0.6-0.7 kg;
• salt pepper;
• dried herbs;
• 3 spoons of mayonnaise.
1. Clean the carrots, cut into cubes. Garlic just clean. Fat should be cut into cubes, like carrots and sent temporarily in the freezer, it should be firm.
2. In a bowl, mix the dried herbs with black pepper, add mayonnaise and salt.
3. Wash and clean the liver, then make a cut with a knife and put carrot slices, garlic cloves and frozen lard. But each product must be dipped in mayonnaise sauce. The more products laid in the liver, the more gently and juicy the result will be. 4. Slice the remaining piece of stuffed liver with the remaining mayonnaise sauce, wrap it in foil and send it to the oven for 40 minutes, preheated to 180 degrees.
5. Then we get, we develop, we cool, we cut plates and we take test! Vegetables removed from the liver is not necessary.
Recipe 3: Stuffed liver with mushrooms in cream
A wonderful recipe for stuffed liver, which can be cooked in the oven or in a pan. For the filling use ordinary champignons. We take cream fat, from 15 to 20%.
• 600 grams of liver;
• 250 grams of raw champignons;
• 2 bulbs;
• 250 ml of cream;
• 150 grams of cheese;
• salt, herbs, any spices.
1. We cut the washed and cleaned liver into pieces, 1 cm thick. Cover each slice with cling film (or just a bag) and beat off with a hammer. But not much, slightly. From the liver will be a cake.
2. Wash the champignons, remove the damage and spoiled places (if they exist), cut them into plates and throw them into the pan with butter, fry for 2 minutes.
3. Cut the peeled onions and ship to the mushrooms. Fry until cooked, at the end of salt we salting. Cooling down.
4. Three cheese, separate the third part and mix with mushroom filling. This step can be skipped, but the cheese will connect the mass well together, the rolls will be stronger.
5. Fold the liver plates on a chopping board, spread all the stuffing and turn the rolls.
6. Now we take the form for baking and put our blanks seam down. It is necessary that the rolls are not unwound.
7. In the cream, add salt, dried herbs, pepper. You can put chopped garlic clove. And the resulting sauce pour stuffed liver.
8. Fill the form with grated cheese and send it in the oven for half an hour.
9. If the dish is cooked on the stove, then we do not sprinkle the raw liver, just cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Then put the cheese, let it melt and ready!
Recipe 4: Stuffed Liver with Buckwheat
For the stuffed liver, buckwheat porridge is used for this recipe, but you can take boiled rice in the same way. It also turns out very tasty. Stuffed liver can be baked in the oven or just stewed under a lid with a little liquid added.
• 300 grams of liver;
• 100 grams of buckwheat porridge;
• 0.5 onions;
• some oil;
• 0.5 carrots;
1. Shred carrots, chop the onions and together pass in the pan, put a little oil.
2. Stir fried vegetables with buckwheat porridge, salt, pepper and add the raw egg.
3. In the liver, we make an incision in such a way that we have a pocket. Some of the pulp needs to be cut, but not much.
4. Fill the resulting hole buckwheat filling tightly tamped. The edges are fastened with toothpicks.
5. Now the stuffed liver can be oiled (mayonnaise, sour cream), wrapped in foil and baked in the oven until ready. Or we put the billet in a saucepan, add a glass of broth, spices, roots and cook until ready on the stove.
6. When serving, the liver can be poured with broth in which it was stewed or simply decorated with greens, fresh vegetables.
Recipe 5: Balkan Stuffed Liver
Another interesting recipe for stuffed liver, which is better to use the edge of the product, resembling a pocket. The filling is prepared on the basis of eggs and bacon, it turns out very nourishing, juicy.
• 1 kg of liver;
• 4 eggs;
• 80 grams of bacon, you can any lard;
• green onions;
• salt pepper;
• 2 tablespoons sour cream;
• 2 pieces of loaf;
• 100 grams of cheese;
• 1 tsp. paprika;
• 30 grams of oil.
1. In a frying pan, pour a spoonful of butter, put the diced bacon, fry for half a minute.
2. Cut the onion, send to the pan and cook together. 3. Cut the dough into cubes and also send it to the pan, fry it all together to a ruddy color. Then cool the filling.
4. Boil eggs. Cut into small cubes. Connect with green onions, which also need to cut, add the grated cheese.
5. Combine both masses, add sour cream, paprika, salt and any other spices, mix well.
6. Free the liver from the films, form a pocket, fill it with stuffing. The free edge should be stabbed with a toothpick.
7. Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the pan. Quickly fry the stuffed liver on both sides until golden brown. You need to cook at high heat so that the liver does not have time to release the juice.
8. We shift the roasted pocket into a baking dish, pour oil on top in which it was fried, and send it to the oven for 5 minutes.
9. Add a little boiling water so that it covers the product by 1 cm, cover the form with foil and cook another 15 minutes.
10. Serve the Balkan-stuffed liver better with yoghurt sauce. To make it, you need to mix fermented milk product with chopped parsley and chopped garlic, do not forget to salt and pepper.
Recipe 6: Liver stuffed with smoked bacon
Very aromatic and hearty dish, for the preparation of which smoked lard is used. For the stuffed liver in this recipe, you can use beef or pork by-product, it does not matter much. You can cook in a pan or in a microwave.
• 300 grams of liver;
• 20 grams of bread crumbs;
• 1 scoop of sour cream;
• 1 onion;
• 60 grams of smoked bacon;
• salt and pepper;
• parsley leaves;
• half an egg, you can whole, but small.
1. Cut the onion and lard finely, add the breadcrumbs to them and fry this mass for 2-3 minutes in a frying pan. You can simply put in a bowl and send in the microwave for 2 minutes. 2. Add egg to the stuffing, sour cream, mix.
3. Prepare the liver for stuffing. We remove films, we cut a pocket and we fill with the mass prepared earlier. Edge fastened with a skewer.
4. Fry the stuffed liver in a pan, first for a minute on each side on maximum heat, then turn down, cover with a lid and bring to readiness.
5. You can simply put the stuffed liver in a refractory dish and send for 12 minutes in a microwave oven at a power of 70%.
Stuffed Liver - Tips and Tricks
• Pork liver will not be bitter if you soak it in fresh milk for 2-3 hours. But it is desirable to first remove all films, vessels, fat.
• When frying the liver, put the product only in a well-heated pan, quickly fry for a few minutes, then reduce the heat and bring to full readiness. This technique helps to keep inside all the juices, as well as filling of the marinade.
• To prepare the liver, you should use only fatty sauces: sour cream, cream, butter and mayonnaise. Lean products do not give anything to the product and do not contribute to the reduction of dryness.
• Filling the liver is a great alternative to long-term marinating. It is enough to cut pieces of bacon, insert into the holes and the product will sparkle with a new taste. You can also use any vegetables, prunes, pieces of frozen butter, dried apricots, and even nuts, which give a stunning flavor.