Citrus pastries are special! The invigorating aroma of oranges will cheer up even on the grayest and gloomiest day. You can bake a cake, cake, gingerbread, but better charming muffins. These cuties will surely please with taste!
Orange Muffins - General Cooking Principles
The peel gives a special aroma of orange baking. The thin, tinted citrus peel is ground and added to the dough along with other ingredients. But the pulp and juice of the fruit can also be used, it all depends on the recipe.
What else is added to the dough:
• milk products;
The finished dough is decomposed into small molds. Cups are filled to half or 2/3. Muffins are usually baked in the oven. Since the products are small, the temperature is set from 170 to 190 degrees.
Orange Muffins on Oil
Recipe for the simplest orange muffins. The basis of the test is butter, you can use high-quality margarine, but with a fat content of at least 72%.
• 150 g of sugar;
• large orange;
• 150 g of oil;
• three eggs;
• 8 g conventional ripper;
• flour will need from 200 to 250 grams.
1. With washed citrus remove all the thin rind, grind in any way. We cut the orange itself, squeeze out all the juice. The bones must be removed immediately, the flesh is allowed. For the dough you need 50-70 ml of juice, so the approximate amount of flour is indicated.
2. The oil is softened. Pound together with prescription sugar. You can beat the mixer to get faster.
3. Introduce eggs one by one, immediately pound.
4. Next, add orange juice, first in droplets, then pour the whole. Do not rush to the oil is not peeled off.
5. Zest, which was previously crushed, must be combined with flour (200 g is enough for now) and ordinary ripper.
6. Pour the flour into the dough, stir. If the mass turns out to be watery, then we fall asleep more flour. We achieve the consistency of thick cream, which should be a spoon. 7. Put the orange dough into molds.
8. We make muffins bake. If the molds are of standard size, half an hour at 180 ° C is sufficient.
Orange Shoktime Muffins
The recipe for stunning muffins made of chocolate dough with the aroma of oranges. For baking, you need an orange zest and some juice. There are chocolate pieces in muffins, but they are optional, if necessary, can be excluded.
• a glass of sugar;
• 45 g of cocoa;
• 50 g of melted chocolate;
• 50 g chocolate pieces;
• 250 ml of cream;
• 1 tbsp. l grated zest;
• 2 tablespoons of orange juice;
• flour 1.75 cups (1 3/4);
• 2 eggs;
• oil 50 grams;
• ripper 8 grams.
You can add a little orange liqueur or essence.
1. Melted chocolate, which according to the recipe 50 g, mix with cream, eggs, orange juice.
2. Butter the melt, cool, add to the cream mixture.
3. Separately, combine the zest and flour, throw chopped chocolate, add sugar and cocoa with baking powder to them. Stir well.
4. Combine both mixtures together, stir the dough. To taste add essence or a little liquor, the aroma will be richer.
5. Dough scattered in molds.
6. Immediately put the future muffins in the oven.
7. At 180 degrees, miniature muffins will be baked for 22-25 minutes. Check the readiness of the wooden torch (toothpick).
Orange Slice Muffins on Sour Cream with Condensed Milk
The peculiarity of these muffins is not only the softest dough on sour cream, but also a fragrant orange slice inside each product.
• 100 g fat sour cream;
• 120 g of white condensed milk;
• large orange;
• 150 g of flour;
• two eggs;
• 0.5 tsp. drinking soda (quench).
1. In a thoroughly washed orange, remove the zest, send it to the flour.
2. We clean the citrus, cut half into small slices, we need 12-14 pieces according to the number of muffins.
3. The second part of the orange pulp is twisted in a blender or cut very finely. 4. Beat the eggs with condensed milk and sour cream, add flour, quench the soda and pour it into the dough.
5. Put the chopped oranges, stir.
6. We put in mute orange dough molds, about a centimeter.
7. From above scatter the previously prepared pieces of citrus.
8. Cover with a layer of dough so that the oranges do not peep.
9. Bake muffins with slices for about 20 minutes at 180 degrees, if necessary, increase the time.
Chocolate-nut orange muffins
The recipe for chic orange muffins, for which you will need walnuts. Chocolate-based dough with milk and butter. Sugar for this recipe is better to use brown, but you can take the usual white sand.
• 2 eggs;
• 2 tsp. orange peel;
• walnuts 100 g;
• 60 g of cocoa;
• flour 0.25 kg;
• 100 g of sugar;
• 230 ml of milk;
• 1 orange;
• 110 g of oil;
• 6 g ripper.
1. Pour sugar, flour and ripper into a dry bowl, add cocoa with zest. We throw a pinch of fine salt extra. Dry mass thoroughly stir until smooth.
2. Chop the nuts, add to the dry mix.
3. Mix eggs with milk, it is convenient to use a whisk, bring the mixture to homogeneity.
4. Pour melted butter into dough, mix it.
5. Combine all the liquid and dry ingredients, stir, the dough will turn out a little thickish for the muffins.
6. Cut the orange in half, squeeze the juice from one part, send it to the total mass. Stir again.
7. Spread the dough into molds, set the fragrant muffins to bake. At 170 degrees the product will reach readiness in 40 minutes.
Orange Muffins with Chocolate Filling on Kefir
A variant of simple orange muffins, the dough is prepared on the usual kefir. At the same time products turn out magnificent and high. Chocolate is used as a filling. You can take a white, dairy or dark product. There is not much to add.
• kefir need 1 cup;
• 3 spoons of sugar;
• 0.5 orange;
• 2 eggs; • 10 g ripper;
• 1 tsp. grated zest;
• 1.5 Art. flour;
• 30 ml of oil;
• 12 pieces of chocolate;
• a pinch of salt.
1. Slice the orange very finely, pour it into a bowl. The juice, which will be formed in the process, is also poured into a bowl.
2. Combine kefir with eggs, shake, add butter and sugar. If you like muffins sweeter, then you can pour a couple more spoons.
3. Add chopped oranges to the dough.
4. Combine all the remaining dry ingredients, shift to the bulk, mix the dough, do not forget to add chopped zest.
5. Spread the dough in molds. Get about 12 cupcakes.
6. In each stick a piece of chocolate, deepen, so that the filling drowns and disappears from view.
7. Put the kefir muffins baked. The oven should already be heated to 190 degrees, bring the products with filling to readiness.
Orange Muffins in Vegetable Oil
Most often, the dough for muffins is kneaded in butter or without additional fat. But in fact, you can use vegetable oil. Baking with it is very gentle, light, such products do not get stale for a long time and remain soft.
• half a glass of sugar;
• two glasses of flour;
• one third cup of oil;
• one egg;
• half a glass of orange juice;
• 1 tsp. peel;
• 2 tsp. baking powder.
1. Beat the only egg with orange juice, add vegetable oil and granulated sugar to them, mix, remove to the side.
2. Sift the two prescription cups of flour, add a ripper to it, pour in the grated zest. It is possible for this recipe to take dried pelts and juice from the package, it does not matter here.
3. Combine all the ingredients of the dough into a single mixture. Stir until smooth.
4. We decompose into small forms.
5. Send the dough to bake. Cooking muffins will take 25 minutes at 170-180. After baking, give the cupcakes a little cool, then remove from the molds.
Orange Muffins with Poppy
For these flavored muffins, the dough is cooked in butter and cream, but you can also take sour cream. If poppy is not enough, then safely reduce the amount or replace part with chopped nuts, sesame. Any supplement will be very tasty and unusual. Ingredients
• 0.5 packs of softened butter;
• 0.25 kg of flour;
• 3 eggs;
• 1 tsp. ripper;
• 2 spoons of heavy cream (sour cream);
• 90 g of sugar;
• 1 orange;
• 4 spoons of poppy;
• vanilla, salt.
1. Beat until smooth cream with eggs and sugar. Mix salt.
2. Add the softened butter to the eggs. If this is not, then you can melt and cool, too, everything will turn out.
3. Squeeze the juice from one orange, pour it into the dough.
4. Mix poppy with flour. Add to this mass ripper and grated zest.
5. Combine all the ingredients together. For a rich taste, you can pour a little vanilla. Interestingly it turns out with ground cinnamon.
6. Spread poppy dough in prepared molds.
7. Put the products on baking, prepare citrus muffins for about 17-20 minutes at 180 degrees.
Orange Muffins - Tips and Tricks
• Orange peel for baking can be dried for future use. This is especially convenient to do during the winter holidays, when many citrus fruits appear in the house.
• If there are a lot of muffins, then it is better to freeze them immediately. Just do not forget to cool the product and hermetically pack, so that they do not absorb foreign odors from the freezer.
• Ordinary muffins (muffins) are easy to turn into charming cupcakes. It is only necessary to decorate the products with a hat of cream, berries, cover with sugar mastic.