Meatballs are not meatballs, not meatballs! Meat balls are notable for their special tenderness, juiciness, as they are stewed in sauce. They are often cooked in a saucepan or in a saucepan on the stove, but the dish turns out to be much more fragrant and tastier if baked in the oven.
Meatballs in Tomato Sauce in the Oven - General Cooking Principles
• Stuffing. For meatballs, meat can be twisted at home or bought. The first option is preferable, since you can chop vegetables at the same time. And as minced meat will be more confidence. For meatballs, you can take beef, poultry, pork, lamb, but tastes best when mixing two or three kinds. You can cook meatballs from fish, such a recipe is below.
• Pic. It is almost always added to meatballs, this is how they differ from meatballs. Cereal should be boiled almost until readiness, but it is important not to digest. Water needs to be poured a lot, then rice is poured into a sieve or in a colander with small holes.
• Vegetables. They can be used for the sauce, but also added to the stuffing. Usually, onions, garlic, and sometimes carrots and peppers are put inside.
• Sauce. For tomato filling, you can use fresh or canned tomatoes, pasta from them, mashed potatoes, ready ketchup. If necessary, the base product is diluted with water. Dairy products, vegetables, mushrooms can be added to the sauce.
• Egg. It is often present in the recipe, helps to seal the mass, does not allow the meatballs to disintegrate.
• Baking. Formed meatballs can be immediately poured with sauce or a little brown in the oven. The balls are laid out in a form in one layer, the distance between them is not necessary to leave.
Ordinary croquettes in tomato sauce in the oven
To prepare the pot for the meatballs in the oven in tomato sauce, ordinary pasta is used. Everything is done very simply and quickly, especially in the presence of twisted minced meat.
Ingredients • half a kilo of minced meat;
• 40 g of pasta;
• a spoonful of flour;
• two onions;
• 4 tbsp. l rice;
• 1 carrot;
• some oil, spices;
• A slice of garlic.
1. Boil the washed rice almost to readiness. Throw it in a colander, let the water drain.
2. Cut the onion, peel and grate the carrot. Put it together in a heated pan, fry for two minutes.
3. Add flour, stir quickly. Dissolve the tomato in 500 ml of water. Pour a thin stream into the vegetables. Bring to a boil, salt and pepper.
4. Grind onions. If you twist the stuffing yourself, then immediately add the onion with garlic. Add rice Add one egg to the meatball, add salt. Stir.
5. To blind round balls on 70-80 grams. Lay one layer in the form.
6. Pour the meatballs cooked tomato sauce. Spoon level. Top cover form with foil.
7. Bake the dish for 30-40 minutes at a temperature of 180, the exact time depends on the stuffing. If it has beef, then the meatballs will cook a little longer. At the end, the foil from the mold can be removed so that the meatballs slightly browned.
Meatballs in tomato sauce in the oven (with sour cream)
Recipe for meatballs in the oven in tomato sauce with sour cream. The taste of this dish is softer, more tender, for meat, you can even use lean meat without fat or chicken. The advantage of the recipe is that the sauce does not need to be cooked separately.
• 0.7 kg of pork and ground beef;
• 100 g dry rice;
• 2 onions;
• a clove of garlic;
• 180 g tomato puree;
• 150 g fat sour cream;
• one egg;
• spices, oil.
1. Chop onions or cut into small cubes. Put in a frying pan, lightly fry in a spoon of butter, but not until golden brown.
2. Grind a clove of garlic, add along with the fried onions to the minced meat.
3. Boil rice, pour into a colander, leave for ten minutes for water to drain and cool, then pour into minced meat.
4. Add egg, pepper, salt and stir.
5. Blind round meatballs. Spread out in a greased form, put in an oven heated to 200 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 180. 6. Mix tomato puree and sour cream. If there is no ordinary mashed potatoes and only concentrated pasta, then you can add water. We throw spices in the pot. Stir, you can add a little dill. Dilute the sauce with 200 ml of water.
7. Take out the meatballs, which are already strong, began to brown. Add the cooked sauce. Return the dish to the oven, bring to readiness.
Meatballs in tomato sauce in the oven without rice
Meatballs without rice are also available, they can also be cooked in tomato sauce in the oven, and more vegetables are added to the mince as a supplement.
• 600 g minced meat;
• a pair of carrots;
• two onions;
• big pepper;
• 2 eggs;
• 4 tbsp. l flour;
• 2 tbsp. l tomato paste;
• oil or fat.
1. Peel onions, cut into small cubes, put in a pan with butter. Beef a minute.
2. Add grated carrot, and then cut the Bulgarian pepper. His crumble is very small. Passe all together until half ready, the fire is just below average, you do not need to redden the vegetables.
3. Separate 2/3 of vegetables, put in a bowl. To the rest add a spoonful of flour, tomato paste, warm up and pour in 600 ml of water. It is better to use boiling water immediately. Boil the sauce for a minute after boiling, season with spices.
4. Add the minced meat to the vegetables that were laid earlier, put the eggs, season with spices, stir thoroughly.
5. Sculpt small balls, roll vegetable meatballs in flour.
6. Spread on the pan, quickly fry on both sides. Immediately shift the form.
7. Fill the sauce, which was previously prepared, put in the oven.
Meatballs in tomato sauce in the oven (with fresh tomatoes)
The recipe for a simple tomato sauce for meatballs in the oven. If the tomatoes are fleshy and ripe, you get a very tasty dish.
• a pound of mixed stuffing;
• one onion;
• 150 g of boiled rice;
• 4 large tomatoes;
• 2 tbsp. l sour cream or mayonnaise;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• egg, spices.
Cooking 1. Dip the tomatoes in boiling water for a minute. Remove the skin, cut into several pieces, remove the seeds. We only need pure flesh. We grind it in mashed potatoes. Add garlic with sour cream and salt, stir. You can add mayonnaise.
2. Cook the minced meat from chopped onions with rice and meat, season with spices, raw eggs, stir and sculpt small balls. We shift them to the form.
3. Top with tomato sauce and sour cream, distribute with a spoon.
4. Stretch a piece of foil on the form, pressing the tips against the walls.
5. Send the dish to the oven for fifty minutes. Cooking temperature 190 degrees.
Mushroom croquettes in tomato sauce in the oven
In general, the mushrooms for this dish can be used absolutely any, but with forest mushrooms it turns out much more fragrant and tastier. Another recipe without rice.
• 150 g boiled mushrooms;
• 500 grams of minced meat;
• two eggs;
• one carrot;
• 50 g of tomato paste;
• 450 g of water;
• 1 tsp. with a pile of flour.
1. Boiled mushrooms cut into cubes, also onions. Grate the carrot, put everything in a griddle with two spoons of oil, fry for three minutes. Cool it down.
2. Connect the minced meat with the mushroom mixture, add two eggs, salt.
3. Stir all products, make round croquettes.
4. Place the formed balls in a greased form, bake for 15 minutes. The temperature in the oven set at 180-190 degrees.
5. Fry a teaspoon of flour in a spoon of butter. Add tomato paste, diluted with water. Boil the sauce until it begins to thicken, the mass will resemble liquid jelly. Pouring salt, pepper, add greens.
6. Pour the meatballs with sauce, bake the dish for about half an hour in the oven. Optionally, you can cover the form with foil so that the sauce does not evaporate, the meatballs will be more juicy.
Fishballs in tomato sauce in the oven
For fish meatballs it is best to use minced meat. It can be made from any white fish fillet.
• 500 g of minced fish;
• 50 grams of dry rice; • 2 large onions;
• 2 eggs;
• 2 carrots;
• 120 g tomato puree;
• 400 ml of water;
• spices, oil, garlic clove.
1. Grated carrot and chopped onion fry in a skillet, divided into two parts. Immediately remove one, she will go to the minced fish.
2. Put tomato sauce on the pan. You can use the paste, but half the norm. Warm up. Dilute the sauce with water, salt.
3. Add the boiled rice and vegetables that were previously set aside to the fried vegetables. Beat two eggs, salt and pepper.
4. Stir the mass, make balls. If suddenly the stuffing turns out to be a little liquid, as happens when using some varieties of fish, then you can fill up 3-4 spoons of breadcrumbs.
5. Put fishballs in shape, pour tomato sauce.
6. Prepare the dish for 35 minutes in a conventional oven, set the temperature for meatballs to an average of around 180 degrees.
Meatballs in Tomato Sauce in the Oven - Useful Tips and Tricks
• The better the stuffing is mixed, the easier it is to make meatballs; they will turn out even, the same, smooth.
• To prevent mass from sticking to hands, they should be rinsed periodically with cold water.
• If frozen homemade or purchased croquettes are used for baking in the oven. So you can not remove them in advance from the freezer. But you need to remember that additional moisture will stand out, so you can pour a little less sauce.
• If the tomato is sour, you need to soften its taste. The best way is to add some sugar, you can pour a spoonful of vegetable oil.
• Meatballs will be very tender and juicy if you put a piece of butter inside each ball.