Beef goulash - general principles and methods of cooking
Goulash is a Hungarian dish. And there it is more attributed to thick soups than to main dishes. Initially, the goulash was invented by the Hungarian shepherds - for lunch they usually cooked their own food on an open fire in large boilers - there was something like goulash. Goulash was also popular among the Cossacks in southern Russia. Today, every hostess knows that beef goulash, which is perfectly combined with your favorite side dish, allows you to feed the family with a hearty meal.
Beef goulash - food preparation
For cooking goulash, you need to take high-quality beef tenderloin - without stones, spits and veins, so that the goulash is tender and juicy.
Beef goulash - preparation of dishes
Prepare goulash in a pan. This frying pan with non-stick coating or cast iron with thick walls. The main thing is that the pan was high enough so that it can be easily stewed meat.
Beef goulash - the best recipes
Recipe 1: Beef Goulash
This recipe is very simple to make. And such goulash goes well with many side dishes (cereal from cereals, potatoes, pasta), perfectly complemented by salads and allows you to feed the family nourishingly.
500 grams of beef (you can use veal),
2 garlic cloves,
2-3 tablespoons of tomato paste,
sunflower oil, salt.
1. Carrots must be cleaned and cut into cubes. Dice onion and garlic in small cubes as well.
2. Beef should be washed and cut into medium-sized pieces.
3. Sunflower oil should be heated in a frying pan and fry in it garlic, onion and carrots to ruddy color.
4. Then add beef to the pan and remember to increase the heat.
5. Meat should be roasted literally a couple of minutes - it should turn white. And then you need to add to the beef 250 ml of boiling water and tomato paste, mix everything thoroughly. When the liquid boils, you need to cover the pan with a lid and set the minimum heat. 6. On minimal heat, beef goulash will be stewed under a lid for about an hour and a half. The finished meat will be soft and juicy - then it is ready for serving.
Recipe 2: Beef goulash with potatoes
Beef goulash cooked with potatoes makes it possible to do without a side dish. If you add it to vegetable salads, you get a great lunch or dinner.
600 grams of beef,
500 grams of potatoes
150 grams tomato,
200 grams of carrots,
red sweet pepper,
4 teaspoons of paprika,
4 cloves of garlic,
a teaspoon of salt,
40 grams of Smaltz.
1. First, fry the medium-sized onion in the pan - it should get a golden hue.
2. Then you need to sprinkle it with paprika and mix thoroughly.
3. Beef should be cut into large pieces and add to the pan. Do not forget to salt and pepper. While the meat does not turn white all together you need to fry on high heat. Then slightly reduce the fire, add a little water and cover the pan with a lid. Leave to simmer for about an hour.
4. In the meantime, carrots and sweet peppers should be cut. And, after an hour, add tomatoes, garlic, pepper and carrots to the pan, add hot water, mix and leave to stew for 15 minutes again.
5. When the meat is soft, you need to put in the goulash chopped potatoes.
6. When the potatoes are soft - the dish is ready. But, turning off the fire, you need to give a little brew goulash under a closed lid.
Recipe 3: Georgian Goulash
Through the use of red wine and pickled cucumbers, meat cooked according to this recipe acquires a very unusual taste. And it goes well with rice porridge.
400-500 grams of beef pulp,
half a cup of red dry wine,
2 pieces of pickled cucumbers,
1 clove garlic,
2 tablespoons tomato puree,
2 tablespoons of broth,
a tablespoon of wheat flour,
ground black pepper, salt.
1. Beef must be cut into small pieces, fry it in oil in a pan and add finely chopped onion to the meat. 2. After that, salt and pepper and, stirring constantly, fry the meat for 5-7 minutes over high heat. Then sprinkle with flour and fry for another 5 minutes.
3. Then you need to mash the tomato, cut the cucumbers into cubes, chop the garlic. All this is added to the pan, pour broth, wine and simmer for 30-40 minutes under the lid.
4. Serve goulash in Georgian can be served with a side dish of rice. For beauty and piquant taste, sprinkle goulash with chopped dill.
Recipe 4: Hungarian Goulash cooked in a microwave oven
Since this recipe involves the use of wine, the taste of the meat is especially refined and savory. And in the microwave dish is prepared in just a few minutes.
500 grams of beef,
50 milliliters of dry red wine,
2 peeled tomatoes,
1. Beef, sweet peppers and onions should be finely chopped and put everything together in a high frying pan or bowl with a lid.
2. Bowl with slices of beef should be put stew at a power of 100% for 4-5 minutes.
3. Then you need to chop the tomatoes, which also need to add to the meat.
4. After that, you must dry the broth with red wine and pour it into the goulash. In a sealed container with 100% power, you must extinguish the goulash for another 6-7 minutes. Then the dish can be served.
Beef goulash - useful tips from experienced chefs
Beef goulash is prepared quite simply. To make the dish tasty, it is important not to overdo it in the pan. You also need to correctly pick up the spices - pepper, paprika, you can also use bay leaf and peppercorns. In general, the secret to making delicious goulash lies in the correct mix of all the ingredients. When everything is in moderation, the taste of beef turns out just amazing.