Apple jam - the most popular, familiar and common. It is prepared in many different ways, but the easiest way is through a meat grinder. This technology does not require a lot of effort, it saves a lot of time and allows you to simply and quickly process a large number of apples.
Jam from apples through a meat grinder - general principles of cooking
Apples for jam is desirable to use sour or sour-sweet. It is better not to take summer varieties, which are quickly boiled soft before porridge. Fruit is washed, cut. Then grind through a meat grinder. In some recipes, the apples are first steamed or baked, only then twisted, combined with sugar.
What else is added to the jam:
• other fruits;
• sometimes add water;
• aromatic substances.
Usually for the flavor used spices: vanilla, cinnamon, cloves. Citrus zest can be added. A special piquancy of jam will give nutmeg with ginger. Fragrant supplements - a personal matter, you can always adjust the number and assembly to your taste.
The main difficulty in cooking apple jam is burning of a thickening mass. In the end, thickening delicacy should be stirred as often as possible. It is desirable for cooking to use dishes with a thick bottom. A cast-iron cauldron, a stew-pan, a thick-walled pan will do. Jam should be stirred with a wooden spatula or spoon, it is advisable not to use metal.
Jam from apples through the “Amber” meat grinder with triple boiling
The simplest recipe for amber jam from apples through a meat grinder. Twisting the fruit with the skin. Delicacy well hardens during storage because of pectin, the maximum amount of which is just under the thin skin of the fruit.
• 2 kg sour apples;
• 1.2 kg of sugar.
1. Apples are sliced. The bits are thrown away. Total plots should get 2 kilograms.
2. Apples are twisted together with the peel. 3. Add sugar, stir. Cover the saucepan so that dust or any other garbage does not get into it, leave for a couple of hours.
4. We put on the stove, boil a couple of minutes. Cool and insist 10-12 hours.
5. Again put on the stove, boil for five minutes after boiling. Turn off, leave for another 10-12 hours.
6. The last time we boil the apple jam for 10-15 minutes. We pour the treat in jars and roll it up. Or simply lay out in containers, dry jars, close the lids and store in the refrigerator.
Jam from apples through a meat grinder with steaming
This technology differs from the previous recipe by steaming apples. It is much easier and easier to twist boiled fruit.
• 1 kg of apples;
• 600 g of sugar;
• 0.5 lemon;
• glass of water.
1. This jam is also prepared from apples with peel. Fruits are cut into slices, placed in a saucepan, a glass of water is added.
2. Cover the pan with a lid, put it on the stove, boil over low heat until the slices soften. Remove the lid, cool.
3. Twist through the meat grinder boiled apples.
4. Immediately miss half a lemon. Bones need to remove everything. Instead of full citrus, you can take a little citric acid and dried peel.
5. Mix everything together with sugar.
6. Bring to the boil on the stove, boil on low heat for about 25-40 minutes. Regularly stir the treat with a wooden spoon or spatula so that it does not burn.
7. As soon as the consistency of the jam begins to arrange, you can pour it into jars, if necessary, roll up a special lid for long-term storage.
Baked apple jam through a meat grinder
One of the most popular recipes for making jam from apples through a meat grinder. This delicacy has a special aroma and taste due to pre-baking the fruit in the oven. Sugar is added after baking and grinding apples.
1. Rinse the apples, pat dry. Each fruit cut into four parts, remove from the corner of the stub and hard sash. It is easy to make a small knife. 2. Put the resulting slices on a baking sheet with the peel down, bake until soft at 180 degrees. See that the apples are not burnt. Otherwise, the jam will have an unpleasant taste.
3. Remove the apples from the oven, cool.
4. Twist the baked fruit through the meat grinder. If the skins are hard, they can be removed. But with the skin of the jam it turns out more thick, fragrant, though not so tender.
5. If apple juice remains in the baking sheet after boiling, it should be added to the total mass.
6. Now for every kilogram of twisted baked apples you need to add 700-800 g of sugar and 150 ml of water.
7. Stir, allow to stand for an hour to dissolve the sugar.
8. Put the mass on the stove, cook to the desired consistency, but not less than half an hour. In the jam, you can add cinnamon or ginger.
Jam from apples through a meat grinder with pumpkin
A variant of bright and thick jam from apples with pumpkin, which is also prepared through a meat grinder. It can be rolled up for the winter, it will be safely stored for 2 years or consumed immediately after cooling.
• 1.2 kg of apples;
• 0.8 kg of purified pumpkin pulp;
• 1.0 kg of sugar;
• 0.5 tsp. crushed rind;
• 0.5 glass of water.
1. Pumpkin pulp twist through the meat grinder immediately into the pan, add some clean water, put it on the stove. Cook a quarter of an hour under the lid.
2. Apples with the peel, but also twist without stubs, mix with sugar, let them stand, while the pumpkin is cooked.
3. Add the zest to the pumpkin.
4. Put the apples in the pan with sugar.
5. Turn on the heat, let the mass boil.
6. Cooked jam without a lid until ready. Check the consistency by dripping a bit on a cold platter.
7. As soon as the drop stops flowing to the sides, you can pour the treat into a dry, sterile container, close it.
Jam from apples and plums through the meat grinder
Another recipe for fruit jam from apples through a meat grinder. This delicacy is prepared with plums, it will turn out darker, will have a completely different aroma and taste. Ingredients
• kilogram of apples;
• glass of water;
• kilogram of plums;
• kilogram of sugar.
1. Rinse the plums in half, remove the bones from the fruit during the process.
2. Cut apples into any slices, throw out the bits.
3. Twist everything together through a meat grinder.
4. Add water and sugar to the fruit, stir.
5. Refrigerate for 5 hours. You can do all this the day before, let the fruit stand in sugar all night, and start cooking in the morning.
6. Bring the puree to a boil, boil for 20 minutes. Cool completely.
7. Put the jam again on the stove, cook for about an hour. At the end, stir the treat more often so it does not burn.
Jam from apples through a meat grinder with citrus
Variant of an unusually fragrant and vitamin delicacy of apples with oranges and spices. To avoid bitterness in taste, the bones of citruses must be removed.
• 3 kg of apples “Antonovka”;
• 2 oranges;
• 1.8 kg of sugar;
• 200 ml of water;
• 1 sticks of cinnamon;
• a piece of 10-20 g of ginger;
• 3 star studs;
• Vanilla is added to the preform as desired.
1. Cut the washed citruses into thin slices, remove the bones.
2. Apples crumble arbitrary pieces, but such that they pass into the hole of the meat grinder.
3. Twist the citruses together with apples, add sugar and water to them.
4. Put the pan with the mass on the stove, slowly heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
5. Once all the sand has melted, you can add fire and begin to reduce the mass.
6. Fold a piece of gauze or bandage in half, in the central part, put a clove with cinnamon, ginger, cut into plates. You can use ginger powder, in this case, 0.3 tsp is enough. Add immediately to the pan. Tie gauze bundle, put in jam, boil together.
7. As soon as the mass reaches the desired consistency, you need to remove the bag of spices, squeeze with the help of the second spoon.
8. Boil a delicacy for about five minutes, remove for storage.
Jam from apples through a meat grinder (with quince)
Fresh quince is not very popular, but it turns out wonderful preparations, very tasty and extremely fragrant. It fits perfectly with apples.
• kilogram of quince;
• two kilo apples;
• 1.5 kilograms of sugar;
• half a liter of water.
1. Quince is cut into pieces, twisted, filled with water and put on the stove. Boil for about fifteen minutes. If the quince is juicy, you can add a little less water, 300-350 ml is enough.
2. During this time, you need to twist the apples, also cut into pieces.
3. Add apples to the quince with water, boil for another ten minutes.
4. Add granulated sugar, stir.
5. Boil the jam to the desired thickness, about another 45-50 minutes.
6. Spill the hot mass in a convenient container, cool and close the lids. Or immediately roll up hermetically with lids to preserve the jam longer.
Jam from apples through a meat grinder - tips and tricks
• Apple marmalade is easy to make from apple jam. It is enough to pour the mass on a baking sheet, dry in the oven for about an hour at the minimum temperature. Cool it down. Frozen delicacy should be cut with a knife into pieces of the desired shape and size, roll in sugar.
• If you do not want to roll up the jam, you can boil it down very much so that the mass starts to lag behind the walls of the dish, then spread out into clean jars, cool under a layer of clean gauze. Then gauze must be removed, cover the neck with wax paper dipped in vodka, tie with a thread.