A wet or “wet” sponge cake differs from the classic counterpart in that it is very juicy, tender and suitable for consumption without any additives.
Such baked goods can be cooked immediately moist, or soaked with syrup or kept over steam. Biscuit is ideal as a cake cake. It remains only to choose any cream to taste, smear each cake and collect the cake. Instead of a cream for a layer of such biscuit, you can also use simple jam or jam. Whatever your wet biscuit is, it will be a small homemade masterpiece.
Wet Sponge Cake - General Cooking Principles
For this type of biscuit whites are best whipped separately from the yolks. Or, you can first beat the whites with sugar to a cool foam, and then add yolks one at a time. All this weight should increase in volume at least twice.
To make the sponge cake wet, kefir, water, vegetable oil, butter, milk, condensed milk, sour cream or heavy cream are added to the eggs or in the layer. In the dough, all these components should be added gradually, in small portions, so as not to disturb the airiness of the protein.
Wet sponge cake can rise poorly, so it is necessary to add hydrated soda, baking powder or baking powder to the dough. Flour is better to use the highest grades and be sure to sift through a sieve.
Despite the fact that the “wet” sponge cake itself is juicy, after creaming the cakes with cream and assembling the cake, it should be removed into the cold to soak for at least an hour.
Wet sponge cake with cream and cream
• one and a half glasses of granulated sugar;
• 50 g of powdered sugar;
• 7 ml of fresh squeezed lemon juice;
• 50 g of high-grade wheat flour;
• 40 g of potato starch;
• four raw chicken eggs;
• 300 g cream with 33% fat;
• 200 g sour cream;
• bag of vanillin.
1. Wash the eggs in cold water, pour the whites and yolks into different bowls. To proteins, add powdered sugar and lemon juice. Beat the whites with the whisk of the blender, first at low speed, then at high speed. After beating, the whites will be larger than originally. 2. In another container, sift flour with sugar (half a cup) and starch.
3. Gently mix the dry ingredients with whipped proteins with a silicone spatula.
4. Put cooking paper on a baking sheet and send dough there.
5. Immediately put in a preheated oven for half an hour, the heating temperature should be 180-200 ° C
6. Take the third bowl and pour out the sour cream and cream. Fall asleep there a glass of sugar and a bag of vanillin. Mix and set aside while.
7. By this time, the biscuit is already baked. We take it out of the oven and let it cool slightly. Then cut it into small squares.
8. When the sugar in the cream and cream mixture is completely dissolved, you need to beat the mixture a little. First, at a low speed of rotation of the whisk, then at a high.
9. So, square the biscuit squares with cream and cream and cover with another layer of biscuit. So we sandwich all the biscuit squares. We remove the cake in the cold.
Wet sponge cake with honey syrup
• four raw chicken eggs;
• 120 g of granulated sugar;
• 250 g high fat cream;
• 120 ml of flower honey;
• 10 g of baking powder for biscuits;
• 200 g of high-grade wheat flour;
• 250 g of boiled condensed milk;
• a drop of brandy;
• 15 ml of vegetable oil.
1. Mix the sugar with the eggs, beat a little. You should get a thick voluminous foam.
2. Flower honey is slightly heated in a water bath to a warm liquid state.
3. Continuing to beat the eggs with sugar, at low speed add honey.
4. Mix baking powder with flour and sift.
5. Slowly add in small portions the dry ingredients to the eggs brewed with honey. Stir with a spatula bottom up.
6. For baking, you can use a round detachable shape, which must be lubricated with vegetable oil.
7. Put the dough in the form and level it with a spatula.
8. Put in the oven for a little less than an hour at 180 ° C.
9. We take out the finished sponge cake and leave it for a few hours for natural cooling. 10. Mix 10 ml of honey with 100 ml of warm water, bring to a boil and cool slightly. Then add a drop of cognac and mix. This is a mixture for soaking biscuit.
11. Blend the cream with a blender to a stable foam and at low revolutions of the whisk, gradually add boiled condensed milk. Continue to beat until smooth. The result was a cream for sandwiching.
12. Then gently cut a large sponge cake into 2-3 cakes and coat with syrup.
13. After, we coat the biscuit layers with cream. We connect.
14. Leave to cool for a while in the refrigerator.
Wet sponge cake with vegetable oil
• six raw chicken eggs;
• bag of vanilla;
• a glass of wheat flour of the highest grade;
• 90 ml of boiled warm milk (or water);
• half a glass of granulated sugar or powder;
• 60 ml of sunflower oil;
• one bag of baking powder for biscuits;
• 5 g of salt.
1. Wash eggs in cool water and chop them. Separate the whites from the yolks.
2. Protein mix with salt and sugar (regular and vanilla) and whisk to a strong foam.
3. Mix egg yolks with sunflower oil and warm milk. Beat a little. Add sifted together with baking powder flour. If you have inferior flour, replace one-third with potato starch. Beat until a homogeneous consistency.
4. Now mix the protein and yolk mass into one.
5. We line the baking dish (best of all) with cooking paper and lay out the dough.
6. Immediately remove to the hot oven for 40 minutes (180 ° C).
7. We take out the finished sponge cake first from the oven, then from the mold.
8. Let it cool. Such a biscuit does not need a layer. Due to the presence of vegetable oil and milk in the dough, the cake turned out slightly moist.
Wet sponge cake with chocolate and condensed milk
• five chicken eggs;
• a glass of high-grade wheat flour;
• 15 g cocoa;
• a glass of sugar;
• 90 g of condensed milk;
• a pinch of salt;
• half a cup of warm water; • 30 ml of sunflower oil.
1. My eggs are divided into proteins and yolks.
2. To proteins add salt and sugar. Beat up to thick strong foam.
3. Beat at low speed, gradually add the yolks.
4. Now we enter into the dough flour and cocoa. It is better to pre-sift them through a sieve.
5. The dough is good, but stir quickly.
6. Prepare the form for biscuit. Lubricate it with sunflower oil and lay out the dough.
7. Remove to a hot oven for 40 minutes (180 ° C).
8. After baking the biscuit you need to stand for several hours before soaking. This is necessary, otherwise it will have the unpleasant taste of chewed bread.
9. Mix the condensed milk with water and after the time of natural cooling of the cake soak it. You can cut the cake in two cakes, and soak it inside or just pour it on top.
Wet sponge cake with strawberries in the microwave
• 50 g of dark chocolate;
• 100 g of quickly frozen strawberries;
• 150 g sour cream;
• 140 g sugar;
• one egg;
• 100 ml of milk with 3.2% fat;
• baking powder bag;
• 3 tbsp. l sunflower oil;
• 15 g cocoa;
• 50 g of wheat flour;
• 20 g of potato starch;
• 20 g butter.
1. Spread strawberries on a sieve so that it thaws and glass excess water. You can take not frozen berries, but berries from jam. The main thing is that there are no green leaves.
2. Baking powder, potato starch, cocoa and flour mix and sift.
3. In a separate bowl, beat some eggs with sugar (5 tbsp. L.), Add sunflower oil, milk and dry foods.
4. Stir thoroughly so that the dough is homogeneous, without lumps.
5. Now we shift the dough into a fire-resistant glass bowl with thick walls and a bottom. Pre-lubricate the form with soft butter.
6. We put in a microwave, turn on the power to the maximum, and set the time 3-5 minutes.
7. We reach the finished sponge cake, take it out of the mold and let it cool.
8. For now we are engaged in the remained products. Mix sour cream with sugar and whip. Add the berries and beat again a few minutes. 9. Cut the cooled biscuit into two parts and grease with cream-cherry cream.
10. Chop up bitter chocolate on a grater and sprinkle a sponge cake on top.
Wet sponge cake with mint
• 10 g dry mint;
• 150 g of wheat flour;
• four chicken eggs;
• 150 grams of granulated sugar
• 50 ml of cow's milk;
• 30 g butter;
• bag of vanilla sugar;
• bag of baking powder for biscuits;
• a pinch of salt.
1. Add soft butter to the boiled and cooled milk and heat it until the butter is dissolved, but not until the milk is boiled.
2. We divide eggs into yolks and squirrels.
3. Sugar mixed with proteins, add salt and whisk until frothy, the volume is more than the original three times.
4. Introduce the yolks in proteins.
5. Now add flour, vanilla sugar, mint and baking powder. Stir the dough.
6. The time has come for the milk, gently pour it into the dough and mix it immediately.
7. Form the cover with culinary paper and lay out the dough.
8. Bake in the oven until tender.
Wet Sponge Cake - Tricks and Tips
• Leave the finished biscuit for a quarter of an hour in the oven off, then you can immediately remove it from the mold.
• Readiness can be checked by pushing the biscuit with your finger. If it returns to its original form, it means that baking is ready.
• To prevent baking after baking, you can add a small amount of starch to the dough.
• To cut the biscuit into equal cakes, you can use dental floss.