There are many ways to cook pea soups.
Basically, it is cooked in various meat broths or with smoked meats.
Classic is the soup, which is boiled from split dried peas. Each dish made from it turns out fragrant and tasty.
Classic Pea Soup - General Cooking Principles
• To make the soup rich, it’s better to use Dutch peas.
• If the peas before cooking soak overnight, then it will boil for 30 minutes.
• If there is no time to soak the peas, then hold it before cooking two times for 20 minutes in boiled water.
• When cooking soup in a slow cooker, add water at the end of cooking.
• To make the soup liquid, add half a cup of peas to two liters of water.
• Spices in soups, you can add all that are suitable for cooking first courses.
Classic pea soup with beef
A dish that is found on the table in almost every hostess. It is prepared without much difficulty. The ingredients are all simple and affordable.
• 420 grams of beef meat;
• 110 g crushed peas;
• two medium potatoes;
• 3 spoons of sunflower oil;
• one onion;
• medium carrot;
• three bay leaves;
• 2.7 liters of purified water;
• four peppercorns.
1. Go through the peas and remove from it all the excess.
2. Fill the peas with running water and soak it for 12 hours. To pea boil down better, the water must be 5 centimeters higher.
3. Rinse and dry the meat with a paper towel. Put it in a saucepan and add cold water. Set to cook over high heat. As soon as the water boils, reduce the fire.
4. Remove the foam from above and cover the pot with a lid, leaving a gap. Boil the meat for 1 hour 40 minutes.
5. Remove the finished meat from the pan, cut into cubes and send back. If the meat was with bone, then the broth must be drained.
6. Rinse peas again and add to meat. Cook for another 45 minutes. 7. At this time, prepare the vegetables. Peel potatoes and onions, and cut into strips. Peel the carrots and wipe through a fine grater.
8. Onions and carrots fry in vegetable oil until cooked.
9. To the boiled peas and meat, add the potatoes and cook for 13 minutes. Next, add a vegetable frying, salt, bay leaves and pepper. Cook all together for 8 minutes.
10. Cover the pan with a lid and let the soup stand.
11. Serve the soup as a first course, adding white bread crackers.
Classic pea soup with chicken meat
One of the quick ways to cook soup in meat broth.
• 370 g chicken fillet;
• 300 g dry peas;
• 1 carrot;
• 5 potatoes;
• 1 bow;
• four cloves of garlic;
• 3 liters of water.
1. Soak peas in water for a day.
2. Soak chicken fillet for 20 minutes in chilled boiled water.
3. Peel potatoes and carrots, and cut into cubes.
4. Peel onions and shred.
5. Rinse the chicken and cut into cubes.
6. Fry carrots and onions in butter.
7. Put the meat, the washed peas into the pan and pour the water.
8. Boil for 42 minutes. Add potatoes and sauteed vegetables in 12 minutes.
9. Then add garlic, herbs and salt. In five minutes, the soup will be ready.
10. Serve the soup by spilling it into plates, and adding the halves of boiled chicken eggs.
Classic Pea Cream Soup
The dish is nourishing, healthy and nutritious. It is served even for small children.
• one glass of peas;
• 65 g butter;
• 280 g of bacon;
1. Wash the peas to remove any excess.
2. Fill it with 1.5 liters of clean water and leave overnight.
3. After the elapsed time, transfer the peas to a colander and let all the water drain. Pour 570 ml of water into a saucepan, boil it and add the newly washed peas.
4. Boil for 1.5 hours. Foam, which will periodically appear on the surface, remove the ladle.
5. Rinse carrots, bacon and onions and clean them. Put together with butter in a heated frying pan and simmer for 3 minutes. Then fry for 5 minutes. 6. Add the prepared frying to the peas and cook for 17 minutes.
7. After chopping the soup blender and mash it. With a lid, close the pan and infuse the soup for 9 minutes.
8. Arrange the cream soup in plates and add the homemade cream.
Classic pea soup cooked in a slow cooker
Cooked in a multivariate soup retains all its useful properties.
• 280 g of dried peas;
• 1 onion and carrots;
• 450 g of pork;
• a pair of spoons of sunflower oil;
• 3 potatoes;
• 2 liters of water;
• 2 leaves of laurel;
• 7 black peppercorns.
1. Sort out the beans, put them in a colander and rinse with tap water. Then pour the peas with boiled water and steep for 6 hours.
2. Wash the pork, dry and cut into pieces with a diameter of 4 cm.
3. Peel the potatoes and onions and cut them into cubes.
4. Peel the carrots and cut them into thin rings.
5. Pour oil into the slow cooker and place onions. Turn it on in baking mode and fry the vegetable for two minutes.
6. Then add the carrots and fry for another 8 minutes.
7. Then add peas, potatoes, meat, pepper, laurel leaf and salt to the slow cooker. Fill all with water and close the cover at the multicooker. Cook in the “Soup” mode for two hours.
8. After the signal, leave the soup to simmer for another 5 minutes.
9. Serve the dish, sprinkle it with chopped greens.
Fast classic pea soup
The dish is suitable for those who tenderly watches his figure. Low-fat and at the same time tasty pea soup.
• 200 g of dried crushed peas;
• two bows;
• four potatoes;
• one carrot;
• two cloves of garlic;
• half a tablespoon of salt;
• 3 liters of water;
• 2 tbsp. l fried wheat flour;
• refined oil.
1. Sort the grains and rinse under running water. Then fill with boiled water and keep it for 24 hours.
2. After the elapsed time, wash the peas again, transfer them to the pan and cover with water. Boil it for 50 minutes, not forgetting to remove the foam that has formed at the top. 3. Peel vegetables. Cut potatoes into cubes with a diameter of 1 cm. Chop onions and garlic. Carrot skip through a small or large grater.
4. When the peas are cooked, add potatoes to it and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Fill the onions and carrots in oil for refueling. Then add flour to them.
6. Send the vegetable dressing to the pan, add the bay leaf, garlic, salt and allspice to it. Mix everything and cook for another 13 minutes.
7. Serve the dish with vegetable salad and herbs.
Classic Pea Soup with Various Smoked Meats
This is a fragrant and well-loved dish that is traditionally served for lunch.
• 270 g whole dried peas;
• 130 g smoked pork;
• 80 g smoked hunting sausages;
• 30 g smoked sausage;
• 1 carrot and onion;
• 3-4 potatoes;
• one clove of garlic;
• laurel leaf;
• two pinches of table salt;
• black pepper;
• a bunch of dill.
1. Wash and peel all vegetables. Then chop the onion into cubes, and rub the carrots through a medium grater. Cut the potatoes into straws and dip into water, and garlic through a press.
2. Rinse peas and soak for several hours.
3. Smoked pork and sausage cut into strips. Hunting sausages cut into circles.
4. Pour the vegetable oil into the pan, heat it and add onion. Add the carrots to the fried onions and cook for another couple of minutes, then transfer the vegetables into a separate bowl.
5. In the same oil, fry all smoked meats.
6. Pour the washed peas again in water and bring to a boil. After removing the foam, add garlic and pepper to the pan. Boil for 2 hours.
7. After time, add potatoes to peas and cook for 10 minutes. Then add all the fried ingredients, laurel and salt. Boil 18 minutes. Let the prepared soup brew for some time.
8. Soup goes well with homemade croutons from black bread.
Classic pea soup with boiled sausage
• chicken breast;
• 320 g boiled sausage;
• 180 grams of dried peas;
• 1 piece of celery, carrots and onions; • 250 g white cabbage;
• garlic head;
• 2.8 liters of water;
• 2.5 tablespoons of sunflower oil;
Method of preparation:
1. Loop the beans and remove the damaged kernels. Put the peas in a one-liter jar and fill with water, leave for 2 hours.
2. Rinse the chicken, dry it with a towel, divide it into several equal parts and place in a saucepan.
3. Add the same water and cook the broth for 55 minutes, periodically removing the foam formed with a slotted spoon.
4. Once the chicken is ready, remove it from the broth and dip the washed peas into it. Boil 40-50 minutes.
5. While peas are boiling hot, prepare the vegetables. Peel the onions, carrots and garlic. Cabbage, remove all unnecessary. Rinse everything under cold water with celery and herbs.
6. Dry the vegetables with a paper towel and chop randomly.
7. Cut the sausage into strips. Send the cabbage and garlic to the pan.
8. Fry the remaining vegetables and sausage in sunflower oil until golden brown.
9. Send the fryer to the broth along with dill, chopped chicken, salt and paprika. Cook for 25 minutes.
10. Turn off the stove, and, adding cilantro to the broth, leave for another 10 minutes.
Classic pea soup with smoked pork ribs
One of the popular recipes for the classic pea soup. Bright meat taste makes the dish unique.
• 290 g of split peas;
• 430 g smoked pork ribs;
• one hot pepper;
• two carrots;
• two bay leaves;
• two bows;
• 3.4 liters of water.
1. Rinse the peas with plenty of water, and then soak it for three hours.
2. After that, rinse the peas again, drain the liquid and, adding water, put to boil for 1.5 hours.
3. Separate smoked ribs.
4. Peel the onions and chop finely. Wash carrots with a vegetable brush and cut into semicircles.
5. Pour oil into a pre-heated pan and fry carrots and onions for 13 minutes, stirring constantly. Next, add the ribs and fry for a few more minutes.
6. Peel the garlic and cut into small cubes. 7. Add garlic, bay leaves, allspice and hot peppers to the prepared peas. Stir and add fried vegetables with pork ribs. If you do not have enough salt, then add it to taste.
8. Boil it all together for no more than 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Classic Pea Soup with Smoked Chicken
• 270 g peas;
• two bulbs and carrots;
• half the average smoked chicken;
• spoon of olive oil;
• 90 g smoked bacon and bacon;
• white roots.
1. Rinse the beans thoroughly and let them fill with water for 9 hours.
2. Cut vegetables at random and, adding water, bring to a boil. Add chicken skin and boil for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the skins and put peas in their place. Cook until grains are cooked.
4. Bacon and bacon fry in olive oil until crisp.
5. Add them along with chopped smoked chicken and salt to the peas.
6. Cook for 20 minutes. Serve with a slice of lemon.
Classic Pea Soup - Tricks and Tips
• Smoked meat soup tastes better.
• To make the soup have a nice yellow color, add turmeric to it.
• To make the peas boil better, they add soda at the tip of the knife.
• When cooking soup from beef or chicken, add salt at the end of cooking.
• Instead of a blender, a mixer is sometimes used to make mashed potatoes.
• If cooking peas at the same time as meat, the soup will cook faster.