Eclair - the most delicate cake with filling inside.
Once they appeared in France and were filled exclusively with custard.
By the way, the dough for a hollow bun is also prepared using custard technology.
But times change, appetites grow, and with them recipes are improved.
Today you can find eclairs with various fillings.
But why meet them? Maybe it's better to cook?
Eclairs at Home - General Cooking Principles
Choux pastry for eclairs is quite whimsical and requires careful adherence to technology. The liquid must be boiled with fat (butter, margarine), then brew the flour in it and carefully weigh out. The mass is cooled to 60-70 degrees, and then raw eggs are alternately injected.
Ready dough is put in a pastry bag and squeezed on a baking sticks. Then bake. It must be remembered that eclairs increase in size and leave enough space between them when jigging.
How and what to fill eclairs
Ideally, a confectionery syringe with a sharp tip is used to fill the eclairs. But it is not suitable for thick creams. In this case, you can wear a wide bore nozzle. But you can just make a cut and fill the cake with cream. Or cut the cap (cap), fill and return to the place. If there is no syringe, then a not very thick cream can be poured into the opening of the eclair.
Eclairs at home: recipe with custard
Recipe gentle eclairs with custard on milk. From this amount of products you get about 15 medium-sized cakes.
• 200 ml of water;
• 130 grams of flour;
• 100 grams of oil;
• 3 large eggs or 4 small;
• a pinch of salt.
• 300 ml of milk;
• 200 grams of sugar;
• 2 eggs;
• 50 grams of oil;
• vanilla; • 2 tablespoons of flour.
1. Pour water into a saucepan, throw oil, salt and put on the stove. As soon as the mass boils, pour in the flour and stir the mass with a spatula until it lags behind the walls. We remove.
2. When the dough cools down a little, to about 70 degrees, immerse the mixer in it and start adding eggs one by one. It is important to mix very well, otherwise do not achieve the desired consistency.
3. Now put the dough in the pastry bag and squeeze the sticks on the laid baking sheet. Length 7-10 centimeters. Width is about 1.5 centimeters.
4. Do not let the eclairs dry out. Immediately put in a preheated oven. Bake for about half an hour at 200.
5. While the eclairs cool down, prepare the cream. To do this, mix the eggs with sugar, enter the vanilla, flour and milk. Sent to the stove and cook until the mass starts to “flop”. Then remove, put the oil and vigorously stir until it dissolves.
6. We start the cooled custard semi-finished products with sweet cream.
Eclairs at home: recipe with milk cream protein cream
This recipe of eclairs at home differs not only in the filling, but also in the composition of the dough for the custard semi-finished product.
• 150 grams of flour;
• 250 grams of milk;
• 3 proteins;
• 4 eggs;
• a pinch of salt;
• 300 grams of sugar;
• 100 grams of cream. oils;
• 100 grams of water;
• 1 bag of vanilla.
1. Boil milk with 100 grams of sugar, butter and a pinch of salt. Enter the flour, stir and remove from heat. Cool to a warm state and introduce eggs alternately, mix the mass thoroughly.
2. Set aside a bag on a greased baking sheet of chopsticks, bake in the oven until rosy color at 200 degrees. Cooling down.
3. Pour the remaining sugar with 100 grams of water and prepare the syrup to a dense ball. That is, dropping a small amount of syrup into the water, it will freeze and keep its shape well. 4. Protein whip mixer with vanilla at high speeds. Since they are without yolks, the mass will become thick very quickly. And immediately add a thin stream of boiling syrup, do not quit whipping until we stir. The cream is ready!
5. Fill the semi-finished products with cream and enjoy the most delicate dessert.
Coconut eclairs at home: recipe dough with vegetable oil
A feature of this recipe homemade eclairs is the dough, which is prepared in vegetable oil. And a delicious filling - chocolate custard with coconut chips.
• 170 grams of water;
• 4 eggs (medium size);
• 1 pinch of salt;
• 250 grams of flour;
• 85 grams of butter.
• 250 grams of milk;
• 80 grams of chocolate;
• 2 tablespoons of starch;
• 100 grams of oil;
• 30 grams of coconut chips;
• a glass of sugar.
1. Boil water with vegetable oil, salt and brew flour. Let cool for 10 minutes and inject eggs.
2. Squeeze on a baking sheet, bake. Hollow semi-finished products are prepared from dough with vegetable oil, also about 40 minutes at 200 degrees.
3. For custard, mix sugar with starch, add milk and set to boil. As soon as the mass becomes thicker, turn off and throw chocolate cubes. Stir until dissolved. Cooling down.
4. Soften the butter, combine with the cream, put the coconut chips. You can add vanilla.
5. Fill the baked products with chocolate cream with coconut flakes.
Eclairs at home: recipe with curd cream
To prepare cottage cheese eclairs at home, bake hollow buns according to any of the recipes above, based on 150-200 grams of water. Such cakes like profiteroles are made and filled.
• empty eclairs;
• 300 grams of cottage cheese;
• 150 grams of sour cream;
• 150 grams of sugar.
For decoration, you can use chocolate or coconut chips, fresh berries, fruits. Cooking
1. Blend cottage cheese with a blender to a creamy state, gradually introduce sour cream with sugar and vanilla.
2. We take a sharp knife in the right hand, it is better a bread file.
3. In the left hand, take the eclair and make a horizontal cut, not reaching the end. It should be a “shell”.
4. Put the curd cream inside. But we are not trying to fill a lot, otherwise the eclair will be heavy.
5. Top sprinkle with chips or put a piece of berries, fruit slice.
6. Lightly cover the lid and the eclair is ready! We perform the procedure with the other cakes.
Vanilla eclairs at home: recipe with condensed milk cream
Another variation of delicious filling for eclairs at home. We fill the hollow products, baked according to any recipe.
Ingredients for cream
• 600 grams of condensed milk;
• 400 grams of oil;
• 1 tsp. vanilla sugar.
1. Cut the butter into cubes and leave for an hour warm.
2. Immerse the mixer and beat until fluffy foam. If the oil does not give in and remains dense, then you can pour in a little water, 30 grams, only boiled.
3. Gradually add condensed milk, whisk and at the end put vanillin.
4. We start the prepared eclairs and you can put the kettle!
Home eclairs: recipe with creme brulee
Another variant of condensed milk filling, but this time boiled. We prepare it on our own or in the store. You will also need fat cream. You can take special cream, designed for whipping.
• 300 grams of boiled condensed milk;
• 350 grams of cream;
• 80 grams of sugar;
• 1/4 tsp. citric acid;
• pinch of soda.
1. Immediately prepare the syrup. To do this, boil the sugar with 40 ml of water for 2 minutes, put citric acid. Cooling down. We throw soda, stir. It turns out a simplified version of the invert syrup.
2. Beat the cream until fluffy and introduce a previously prepared syrup in a thin stream. 3. Knead boiled condensed milk, so that it becomes homogeneous and put in cream, constantly beat.
4. Fill eclairs with cream.
Eclairs at Home: Recipe “All Chocolate”
There are several options for making eclairs with chocolate at home. But best of all, if the semi-finished air is filled with chocolate cream, and then smeared with glaze. Such a treat just blows up the brain! We bake eclairs according to any recipe.
• 500 ml of milk;
• 40 grams of cocoa;
• 250 grams of sugar;
• 20 grams of flour;
• 2 yolks;
• 200 grams of oil.
• 150 grams of chocolate;
• 50 grams of oil.
1. Beat the yolks with a whisk with sugar, add cocoa and add milk. Stir and brew on the stove. Cooling down.
2. Beat the butter and a spoonful of injected brewed cream.
3. Fill eclairs.
4. Crumble chocolate, put oil in it and drown it in a water or steam bath. You can put in the microwave, but in the bath it will be more convenient to maintain the temperature of the glaze.
5. As soon as the mass becomes homogeneous, turn off the fire and put it on the table with the bath, do not forget about the stand.
6. Now you can just dip the eclairs with the top part into chocolate and spread it out in a single layer for the icing to solidify.
7. Or pour the icing in the pastry bag, make a small hole and draw patterns on the surface, mesh. This method is good when the glaze is not enough, but you want to decorate the eclairs.
Creamy eclairs at home: recipe with strawberries
Build very beautiful and delicate cakes with whipped cream. Instead of strawberries for such eclairs you can take other berries. But they must be durable and keep their shape well, do not let the juice. Cream take at least 30% fat. This amount of cream will need about 15 empty eclairs.
• 400 ml of cream;
• 170 grams of powdered sugar;
• 1 bag of vanilla; • 130 grams of strawberries.
1. Whip the cream until fluffy foam, we introduce powder and vanillin. If there is, then you can add strawberry or any other essence.
2. Wash berries, dry and cut into plates.
3. Cut the eclair into 2 parts, imitating the cap.
4. Fill with whipped cream, spread strawberries on top and cover with eclair top.
Eclairs at Home - Tips and Tricks
• If you put water for dough on the stove, do not go far. With active boiling, it evaporates, which will make the amount of dough less and the consistency thicker. Pour the flour should be immediately boiling liquid with fat.
• There were choux semi-finished products, and the cream is over? They can be filled with any other filling and optionally sweet. You can cut off the tip and put in a hollow bun any salad, pate, fish.
• Flour when putting into boiling liquid should be poured all at once and quickly. If you do it slowly, it will brew small lumps. They will be very difficult to knead, and the dough will not be molded.
• If you add sugar to the eclair dough, the hollow buns will be rosy and beautiful. And if you add a pinch of salt, then a light shine will appear on the surface - color.
• Is the dough thick? You can add eggs. Dough turned liquid? And here it is more difficult. Do not try to add flour. It is better to brew separately another half servings of dough, but make it thicker. And then mix with it, beating with a mixer.