Gentle, juicy, ruddy chicken - everyone loves, but not everyone knows how to achieve this effect. The secret is very simple - mayonnaise, in which they marinate chicken or dab the surface of the legs, just before cooking.
General principles of cooking chicken legs in mayonnaise
• Chicken legs cooked whole or cut into pieces. There are recipes and stuffed legs. Chicken baked, fried in a conventional frying pan or grill. No less popular kebab of chicken legs, which can be baked over hot coals or just in the oven.
• The taste of any dish depends on the freshness of the main product. Try to get chilled thighs, the appearance of which is easy to determine the quality. Their skin should be evenly colored, without inclusions, bruising or damage. Fresh, high-quality chicken has no foreign smell, and its fat is always light.
• Mayonnaise is used to pickle or coat the legs. It is recommended to take a fat sauce, but if you wish, you can replace it with a less caloric one. Other products that enhance the taste of the finished dish can be mixed into the marinades and the “plaster”. It can be tomato sauce, apples, citric acid, garlic, cheese and others that go well with chicken.
• Garnish for such dishes can be fresh vegetables or salads from them. The most popular are potatoes, boiled rice or pasta. Often, chicken legs are cooked with a side dish, for example, baked with mayonnaise on a potato pillow.
Chicken legs in mayonnaise fried in a frying pan with garlic
• three large chicken legs;
• small head of garlic (6 teeth);
• mayonnaise - 100 ml;
• refined oil;
• spices “For roasting chicken”.
1. Rinse in cool water chicken legs. Wipe dry with a towel and cut the joint in two - separate the leg from the thigh. 2. Mix salt and spices in a small bowl, you can add a little ground pepper. With a fragrant mixture, carefully rub the legs on all sides and leave for 15 minutes so that the chicken absorbs the aromas of the spices.
3. Put the mayonnaise in a spacious bowl, crush the garlic into it, mix it.
4. Put the chicken legs in a bowl with mayonnaise sauce, mix, cover and place to marinate for an hour in the refrigerator.
5. Heat a small amount of butter in a thick-walled frying pan and quickly drop the chicken legs marinated in mayonnaise. Cook over medium heat, occasionally turning over so that the chicken roasts evenly.
Chicken legs in mayonnaise fried in white breading
• two medium chicken legs;
• one and a half tablespoons of mayonnaise;
• half a spoon of ready-made seasoning “For a little brown chicken”;
• 50 ml of non-aromatic oil;
• half a cup of ground white crackers.
1. Washed and dried chicken legs, cutting along the joint, divide into two parts. Separate the thigh further cut in two.
2. Mix mayonnaise with seasonings, add a little salt and chopped garlic or press (two small teeth). Mix, dip the pieces of chicken in the marinade and carefully coat them with the same. Tightly closing the bowl, leave the chicken legs to marinate for half an hour. If you put in the refrigerator, increase the time to an hour.
3. Without wiping the marinade, roll the marinated chicken pieces in breadcrumbs and immediately drop them into the hot oil. Fry from all sides until ruddy. Small pieces are cooked for half an hour.
4. Crackers for chicken legs can be prepared by yourself. To do this, you need well-stale white bread to grind with a meat grinder.
Baked stuffed chicken legs with mayonnaise, ketchup and cheese in foil
• kilogram of chicken legs (3 pcs.); • 200 gr. fresh medium sized mushrooms;
• large onion;
• 150 grams of fresh “Dutch” cheese;
• large carrot;
• 100 gr. non-spicy tomato ketchup;
• mayonnaise - 75 gr .;
• three spoons of frozen butter;
• 0.5 spoons of dried and ground basil.
1. Wash chicken semi-finished products and wipe dry with paper towels. Gently, so as not to damage how to remove the skin of the stocking. Having reached the lower cartilage, we chop off the bone. The cartilage itself and a small piece of bone on the skin should remain.
2. Separate the fillet from the bone, cut into medium-sized cubes, lay the pelt aside.
3. Prepare the mushroom filling. Shred the onion, clean the carrot and grind it with a large grater. Wash, dry the mushrooms and cut them into small, thin plates.
4. Warming up a spoonful of butter in a thick-walled pan, dip chopped champignons into it and, stirring, fry until the moisture disappears. We spread slightly red mushrooms on a plate.
5. In the pan add half of the remaining oil, let the carrot on it until softened and, like the mushrooms, shift it to a separate plate.
6. In the same pan, warm the remaining oil, put the onion in it. Fry for eight minutes, stirring, until the pieces acquire an appetizing, slightly golden shade.
7. Combine carrots with onions in a pan, add mushrooms. Salted, sprinkled with basil and a little ground pepper. After stirring, warm the filling on a small heat for a minute, then spread it in a bowl.
8. In a hot mushroom roast on a large grater we grind half of the prepared cheese, add the pieces of chicken. Mix the stuffing well - the cheese straw should be slightly melted.
9. Prepare the filling, gently fill the “stocking” of the skin, giving it the original shape of a chicken leg. Fasten the edge of a wooden skewer (toothpick) soaked in water, spread a false thigh in the center of a large sheet of foil. 10. Raise the free edges of the foil, squeeze in places so that high sides are formed.
11. Cooking the sauce. Mix ketchup with mayonnaise. On a large grater we rub cheese into the mixture, and with the help of fine, three two cloves of garlic, we mix.
12. Fill the cooked sauce with a raised chicken leg and place in the oven for one hour. Cook at 180 degrees.
Juicy shish kebab from chicken legs in mayonnaise
• chilled thighs, chicken - 1 kg;
• 150 gr. mayonnaise, preferably homemade, without mustard;
• butter - 50 g .;
1. Peel two small garlic teeth and chop them finely.
2. The washed, well-dried chicken legs are divided into two parts in the joint - the thigh and the shin. We cut the thigh along the bone.
3. Take a teaspoon of salt, half a spoonful of ground pepper, add garlic and mix it vigorously. Rubbing a mixture of chicken pieces, let lie 10 minutes.
4. Melt the butter, mix it with mayonnaise. We make punctures on the surface of the pieces, we grease them with mayonnaise sauce. Stir and leave in the cold for at least an hour.
5. Marinated pieces of chicken, piercing along the bone, strung on skewers and cook skewers over hot coals. At home, they can be baked in the oven by placing skewers with chicken on the grill.
Delicate chicken legs in mayonnaise on the grill
• kilogram of small chicken legs;
• half a cup of low-fat kefir;
• one and a half glasses of mayonnaise;
• 5 sweet pea peppercorns;
• four carnation umbrellas;
• spoon of sugar;
• half a teaspoon of “lemon”.
1. We start with the marinade: combine mayonnaise with kefir, add citric acid, cloves, sugar and allspice, mix.
2. We wash the legs, slightly repel, paving a layer of dense polyethylene, spread in a bowl. Fill the chicken with marinade of mayonnaise and kefir and put the bowl in the common chamber of the refrigerator for a day. After waiting for the allotted time we get, and, for an hour and a half, we leave on the table to warm up. 3. Cook over a grill pan over moderate heat. We spread chicken legs on it, fry for half an hour, turning them five times.
4. You can bake the chicken leg in the oven or cook it on the grill over hot coals.
Chicken legs in mayonnaise with apples and tomato sauce in the oven
• six large chicken legs;
• sweet and sour apple;
• a glass of tomato mild sauce;
• 150 gr. mayonnaise;
• liquid aromatic honey;
• vegetable oil;
• juice from 1/3 of a medium-sized lemon;
• cinnamon powder;
• sesame seed.
1. Rinse with cool water chicken legs. We chop them along the joint, wipe dry with paper towels.
2. Cut off the peel from the apple with a thin layer and rub it with the help of a medium grater. Mix apple chips with lemon juice. Add mayonnaise, tomato sauce and finely rub 2 garlic cloves here, stir well.
3. Rub the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of oil. Thickly coat the thighs with the prepared mixture and place them in a prepared roasting pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon, pour honey, sprinkle with sesame.
4. Put the pan in the oven, warming it to 180 degrees. Install in the middle of the oven. We bake until done, systematically pouring juice, accumulating at the bottom of the pan.
5. When piercing from baked legs, there should be a clear liquid.
Chicken legs in mayonnaise baked on potato pillow
• one and a half kilograms of potatoes;
• seven large legs;
• 100 ml of frozen butter;
• sour cream - 250 gr .;
• 400 gr. mayonnaise;
• six small bulbs;
1. Peel the potatoes, cut the tubers into small, thin cubes. Put it in a bowl, add a little oil, mix. Spread the potatoes evenly over the roaster. On top of it lay out the half rings of onion, gently pushing the potato layer, pour half a glass of water. 2. In a deep bowl lay out sour cream, mix it with mayonnaise. Add, rubbed on a fine grater, a large garlic clove. Salt and mix sauce well.
3. In the cooked mixture, dip the legs one by one and place them in potatoes. We try to close the whole potato layer with chicken.
4. Cover the roaster with foil, tightly pressing around the edge, and place in the oven, bake at 170 degrees. When the potatoes are well softened, and the legs are baked, remove the foil and put the baking sheet back in the oven - bake for five minutes, until rosy.
Tricks of cooking chicken legs in mayonnaise
• It is not necessary to use purchased mayonnaise. If you can cook the sauce yourself, take it better.
• Use spices, they will give the dish flavor. You can take as separately acquired herbs and spices, and already ready sets of them: spices “For chicken dishes” or “For chicken”.
• If you plan to bake chicken in potatoes, boil the tubers slightly, and after cooling down, chop them as required by the recipe. Potatoes are guaranteed to be cooked with chicken legs and cooked evenly.