In addition to the well-loved marinated beauties, the handsome tomatoes have an opportunity to make blanks from less attractive, but no less tasty tomatoes. Do not have time to mature in the cold summer, or a little spoiled from excess rain? Do not worry, cut them and make a surprise to guests and home in the form of salads, frost, and ... jam!
Sliced tomatoes for the winter - the general principles of cooking
• For harvesting sliced tomatoes, fruits of any maturity, of any size, and even those that have minor damage, will be suitable for winter, because they can be removed during the cutting process. This will not affect the quality of the billet in any way, the only condition is that fleshy tomatoes with the lowest fluid content and seeds will be required. “Cream” is the most suitable grade.
• Prepared tomatoes are thoroughly washed in water before cutting to remove debris and remnants of earth from the surface. Remove the stalk and cut out damaged or rotted spots, if any.
• Cutting is done according to the recipe: slices, slices, rings, or simply cut into two or more parts and then stuffed.
• Greens are sorted, removed the remaining water and laid out in prepared glass containers. If you want to grind, cut into small pieces with a knife.
• When preparing marinade, it is recommended to observe all proportions indicated in the recipe, otherwise the taste is distorted.
• To preserve the product for a sufficiently long time, the jars should be sterilized before laying, and the vegetables, after being placed on the jars, should be pasteurized.
• Metal covers used for seaming, boil for 10 to 15 minutes and put on a clean towel to dry. Banks close only dry lids, and then rolled up. Nylon can also be omitted for 10 minutes in boiling water.
• The cans, closed with a sealer key, are turned upside down and put on a blanket, covered with another blanket and left so until complete cooling. • Shred tomatoes covered with nylon covers are stored in the refrigerator, and rolled up in a cool dark place, along with other preservation.
Marinated sliced tomatoes for the winter “Slices”
• 2 kg of ripe tomatoes;
• a pound of onion;
• low-grade table vinegar - 1 spoon;
• 150 grams of salt;
• 300 ml of sunflower oil;
• 170 grams of sugar;
• three liters of water.
1. Onions form into thin half-rings, tomatoes with slices. Spread the vegetables into prepared clean sterilized jars so that the tomatoes are at the bottom and the half-rings of the onions are at the top.
2. Pour water in an enamel pan, add salt and granulated sugar, let it boil. In the boiling marinade pour vinegar and remove from heat.
3. Pour the tomatoes in the jars with boiling marinade and pasteurize them for 7 minutes. Roll up such canned metal lids.
Sliced tomatoes for the winter in gelatin
• two kilos of ripe tomatoes, fleshy varieties;
• 500 grams of white onion;
• one and a half liters of water;
• 25 gr. gelatin;
• 100 gr. Sahara;
• Lavrushka leaves;
• garlic head;
• pepper, peas;
• a small bunch of parsley;
• dill, umbrellas.
1. Slice the tomatoes into rings so that they are at least one and a half centimeters thick, chop the onion into thin half rings, and chop the garlic.
2. At the bottom of the cans, put bay leaves, two leaves in a one-liter jar, if the jar is half a liter, one is enough, and peppercorns. Then layers: dill umbrellas, parsley, tomatoes, onions, garlic.
3. Put the gelatin in a deep plate, cover it with half a glass of water and let it swell in heat for about 45 minutes.
4. In the remaining water, mix sugar and salt, and set on fire. When it boils, add the already swollen gelatin and stir until it disperses completely in the marinade.
5. Pour the resulting marinade jars with tomatoes and pasteurize them before seaming, liter - 25, and half-liter just 10 minutes.
Sliced green tomatoes for the winter stuffed
• kilogram of green tomatoes;
• 150 gr. celery or parsnip;
• 50 grams of peeled garlic;
1. Cut the green tomatoes in two, pick the seeds and some pulp. Mix chopped greens with salt.
2. In each half lay one clove of garlic, and fill the remaining free space with greens.
3. Put the stuffed tomatoes in a large container, put a yoke on top.
4. After six days, transfer the salted tomatoes to prepared jars and boil the remaining juice.
5. Pour tomatoes into the jars with boiling brine, pasteurize for 7 minutes. - half-liter, liter twice as long, and three-liter half an hour. Metal caps are suitable for canning.
Green sliced tomatoes for the winter in Korean
• kilogram of tomatoes;
• two hot peppers;
• seasoning “For Korean carrots”;
• two small carrots;
• seven cloves of garlic, medium size;
• 50 ml of vinegar 9%;
• 50 ml of unrefined oil;
• one table. spoon finely ground salt;
• one and a half table. spoons of refined sugar;
• Fresh greens, you can mix parsley, dill and basil.
1. Pepper cut into rings, and garlic plates as thin as possible. Tomatoes cut into slices or rings, the thickness of the blanks should not exceed a centimeter. Grate carrots with a special grater for Korean salads, pound greens, or chop a smaller one with a knife.
2. Place the chopped vegetables in an enamel saucepan and add all the bulk ingredients. Mix well in the process of adding oil and vinegar. Seasoning "Korean carrot" is added to taste.
3. Spread the vegetable mixture in prepared glass jars, under a plastic closure and store in a refrigerator.
Dried sliced tomatoes for the winter
Tomatoes for the winter can be dried in two ways: in the sun or in the oven.
Dried sliced tomatoes in the sun
• ripe tomatoes;
• salt, finely ground.
1. Take a baking sheet, put parchment paper on it. Cut the tomatoes into medium-sized slices and spread on a baking sheet. Lay out so that there is a small distance between the pieces of the tomato. 2. Sprinkle salt on each lobule, cover with one layer of gauze to prevent debris, and set the baking tray with the tomatoes in the sun. Do not forget to turn the tomato slices every day. Tomatoes are usually dried for five days.
3. Store dried tomatoes prepared this way, wrapped in parchment paper or in a cotton bag. You can transfer dried slices to jars, pour oil and cover with nylon covers to put in storage in the cellar or refrigerator.
Dried sliced tomatoes in the oven
• one and a half kilograms of ripe meaty tomatoes;
• 1 table. spoon of black pepper;
• four table. spoons of sugar;
• olive, it is possible refined sunflower oil;
• balsamic vinegar, garlic, spices.
1. Cut the tomatoes in half, or once again - into four pieces and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
2. Mix the sugar and salt and pepper in a small cup and sprinkle the tomato slices abundantly on this mixture, set the temperature control to 125 degrees and cook for eight hours. It is desirable that the oven door all this time was ajar, so the liquid from the tomatoes will evaporate faster.
3. Chop garlic, basil with a knife, add oil and vinegar. Vinegar should be added at the rate of: one tsp., For each half-liter jar.
4. When the tomatoes are cooked, fill the prepared containers with them. Fill with a mixture of oil and spices and, closing the capron lids, clean the storage room, cellar or refrigerator.
Frozen sliced tomatoes for the winter
• Ripe tomatoes.
For harvesting sliced tomatoes for the winter, in frozen form, you can also use two methods.
1. With ripe tomatoes, remove the skin and cut them into thin slices. Arrange the tomato slices on a cutting board or a large flat dish and store in the freezer. When the tomatoes are slightly frozen, arrange them into packets in small portions and put them back into the freeze.
It is convenient to use such tomatoes when cooking pizza - take a bag from the freezer, spread the slices on the cutting board, wait five minutes while they melt a little, and put on the dough to the other ingredients. 2. Slice ripe tomatoes into small pieces, as usual, chop vegetables for zazharki. Take a small silicone molds for baking cupcakes and spread on them sliced tomatoes. Put the molds in the freezer, after 5-6 hours, when the contents of the molds freeze, put them on the table and let them thaw for 5-10 minutes. Put the frozen mass out of the forms in packets, several “tablets” in each.
Frozen sliced tomatoes harvested in this way are convenient to use when cooking borscht, vegetable stews, and other dishes that usually contain fresh tomatoes.
Sliced tomatoes for the winter in the salad
• three kilograms of dairy tomato;
• one kilogram of onions;
• 1 kg of carrots;
• 1 kg of sweet pepper (for beauty, choose red fruits);
• 300 grams of sugar;
• 300 ml of sunflower oil, refined;
• 150 ml of table vinegar.
1. Pepper "gut", removing the seeds and the stem. Chop the pepper, carrot, onion into thin straws, and thinly slice the tomatoes into half rings.
2. Put all the vegetables in a large bowl, add salt to half a glass and mix.
3. After 12 hours, drain the released juice and boil.
4. When it boils, put all the vegetables in it and cook on medium heat for twenty minutes.
5. Spread the contents of the pan on the jars, cover with prepared metal lids and roll up.
Sliced tomatoes for the winter in jam
• two kg. “Dairy” green tomatoes;
• 2.6 kilograms of granulated sugar;
• half a kilogram of walnut kernels;
• baking soda.
1. Put the sliced tomatoes in small pieces into an enamelled container, and pour the soda solution on the basis of the calculation: for one liter of water, twenty grams of soda.
2. After four hours, remove the soaked tomatoes and rinse them under the tap.
3. In a bowl for cooking jam, add granulated sugar, add water, slowly bring to a boil and cook, do not forget to mix, until sugar is completely dissolved.
4. Cut walnut kernels into small pieces, fry in a dry frying pan for 2 to 3 minutes. 5. When the sugar has dissolved, add the washed soaked tomatoes, nuts, and, having mixed well, leave to infuse.
6. After 9 hours, slowly bring the jam to a boil and soak for ten minutes at a low boil. Remove from heat and set aside for another 9 hours.
7. Boil again, then reduce the heat and boil the jam until done.
8. Pour the prepared jam from sliced tomatoes over sterilized jars, cover with the lids prepared for seaming and close with a sealing key.
Sliced Tomatoes for Winter - Tricks and Tips & Tricks
• When preparing sliced tomatoes for the winter in Korean, leave the cans filled and closed for the night, turning them upside down, and only the next day put them in the fridge.
• When drying sliced tomatoes in the sun, the slices should be laid out on special pans with holes, the tomatoes will be well ventilated, and the drying process will accelerate.
• Strongly dried dried tomatoes can be soaked in water for half an hour before use, they will soften.
• To prevent the covered nylon lids of the tomatoes from becoming moldy, sprinkle the contents of the jar with mustard powder and pour in vegetable oil.
• Do not fill the cans to the top; there must always be free space of at least one and a half centimeters between the lid and the contents of the container.