The slow cooker is great for cooking ducks.
In her dish can not be overdry, burn or not dvar.
It is always possible to rearrange the program, bring the bird to readiness in another mode. How and with what does a duck cook in a slow cooker?
Duck in a Multicooker - General Cooking Principles
Duck carcass washed, dried, cut into pieces. This is usually not a problem. Carcass cutting is easily done with a kitchen knife; nothing is needed to chop. You can buy lumpy semi-finished products from the duck. They are also washed and dried.
To make the meat softer, you can marinate the bird before cooking. Depending on the recipe of the dish, you can use only spices, or brines, pickles. Duck is combined with all vegetables, spices, cereals and even fruits.
In the multicooker of this bird you can cook the first and second dishes. The cooking of duck soups has no peculiarities, the dishes are prepared the same way as with any other meat. Quenching and frying ducks have their own subtleties and deserve attention.
Duck stew in a slow cooker with carrots and onions
A simple recipe for a very delicate and soft duck in a slow cooker, which is perfect for absolutely any garnish. You can submit such a bird just with fresh vegetables.
• 0.1 kg of onions;
• 0.6 kg duck;
• 0.1 kg carrot;
• 2 spoons of butter;
1. Rub the washed duck pieces with spices. You can just pepper and sprinkle with salt. Leave at least an hour.
2. Fill the multicooker with butter, turn on the baking mode.
3. Lay the duck, chopped onions in large pieces and also a carrot.
4. Close, fry for twenty minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. Pour some water into the slow cooker, 100-150 grams are enough.
6. Close and simmer for an hour. If the duck is not young, then time can be added up to 1.5-2 hours.
Duck in a multicooker with potatoes
The recipe for another duck stew in a slow cooker. Its main advantage is that it does not require any garnish. Ingredients
• 8 potatoes;
• 0.5-0.7 kg duck;
• 1-2 tomatoes;
• oil, spices, greens.
1. Cut the duck into pieces, which will learn. Throw in a slow cooker with a pair of tablespoons of butter, fry in baking mode for fifteen minutes. Close the lid.
2. While the duck is preparing, you need to clean and cut all the recipe vegetables. Tomatoes can be rubbed or a spoonful of tomato paste can be used instead.
3. Run the onion and carrot to the fried duck, fry together for another ten minutes.
4. Add tomatoes. Optionally, you can throw chopped Bulgarian pepper. Cook before darkening tomato.
5. Lay the chopped tubers of potatoes and add boiling water. The amount of water depends only on the desired thickness of the dish. You can cook a semblance of soup or thick stew.
6. Close, swap to extinguish mode.
7. After an hour, open, add different spices, salt. Close again and leave for another quarter of an hour. Greens are thrown at the very end under the lid or put in plates when serving.
Duck in a slow cooker with cabbage
Recipe for stewed duck with white cabbage. There is a fresh vegetable here, but you can substitute sauerkraut or add a portion. The taste of the dish will be more interesting and brighter.
• 0.5 kg duck;
• 1 kg of cabbage;
• onion head;
• A glass of tomato juice.
1. We throw the washed and cut bird into the slow cooker, pour in 50 grams of water and cook for half an hour in the quenching mode.
2. Open, swap on the baking program, add some oil and evaporate the remaining moisture.
3. Add chopped onion, lightly fry.
4. We throw the grated carrot and fry together.
5. Chop the cabbage, throw in the duck. You can fry or proceed to the fire.
6. Pour in tomato juice. Or use a diluted paste. You can grate a couple of ripe tomatoes.
7. Stir, close and set the “Quenching” mode again. Cooking for half an hour.
8. We open, we estimate a duck on readiness, we refuel with spices and we braise another quarter of an hour.
Duck in the crock-pot with apples
There is no more well-known supplement to duck than apples. This dish does not have to be cooked in the oven, the multicooker does an excellent job with it. Option of tender and juicy stew.
• 1.2 kg duck;
• 2 green apples;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• ginger, laurel and other spices;
• A couple of tablespoons of butter.
1. Chop the garlic cloves, put in a bowl. Add grated ginger or a little dry powder, throw pepper, salt and any other seasonings to taste. Pound all together and add vegetable oil.
2. We wash the duck, chop it into pieces and add a fragrant mixture to it. We process each piece well.
3. Shift to container and leave to marinate for at least three hours. It is desirable to rub the pieces on the eve, it will turn out even more tasty.
4. We wash the apples, cut them into slices, we do not remove the skin.
5. Fold the pickled pieces of bird in a slow cooker, laying apples on all sides.
6. Pour in so much water that it barely covers the bird.
7. Turn on the fire for two hours and wait for the coveted signal. Amazing duck with apples is ready!
Roast duck in a multicooker
To cook such a duck, you can use the frying or baking program. In any case the dish is obtained.
• 1 kg of duck;
• 20 grams of oil;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 50 ml of soy sauce;
• 1 spoon of honey;
1. Wash the pieces of duck, dry and shift to the slow cooker.
2. Add 20 grams of oil, pour in half a glass of water and pre-cook on the extinguishing program for 40 minutes.
3. Open, turn on frying mode and evaporate the remaining water. Cooking poultry until soft.
4. Mix soy sauce with honey, throw minced garlic to them, rub well the mixture and season with spices. You can use seasonings for chicken or meat, they are suitable.
5. Water the resulting mass of almost ready pieces of duck and fry. Thanks to this mixture, a ruddy crust will quickly appear on them, and the bird will become incredibly tasty.
Duck in a slow cooker with prunes and orange
Another win-win combination of ducks and fruits. The dish is fragrant, unusual, the bird turns out very tender. A whole but small carcass is used.
• 150 grams of prunes;
• 1 orange;
• 50 ml soy sauce;
• 2 bulbs;
1. Cut the duck carcass into small pieces. Immediately throw back the bony parts, they will fit for soup. In the slow cooker only will take place.
2. Pour a thin layer of butter into the multicooker, set the baking mode.
3. Lay the pieces of duck and fry on both sides.
4. Onion cut into small cubes, send to the fried duck.
5. Add the prunes cut in half.
6. We clean the orange, cut it into any lobules, get rid of the bones. We lay to the bird.
7. Pour in a glass of boiling water and simmer for an hour under a lid.
8. Open, pour soy sauce, salt is not necessary. But if you wish, you can throw a few peas allspice.
9. Top put Lavrushka and stew until fully cooked. If the duckling was young, it is enough to let the sauce soak the meat, it is about 15 minutes. You can leave the old duck for any time and simmer another hour or even two.
Duck pilaf in the slow cooker
With duck pilaf it turns out just wonderful, oily and fragrant. This bird is perfect for rice. Well, in a slow cooker, cooking a dish is easier than ever.
• 0.8 kg of duck;
• 2 glasses of rice;
• 4 cups boiling water;
• 0.4 kg of carrots;
• 0.3 kg of onions;
• 1 tsp. seasonings for pilaf;
• 1 head of garlic;
• 2 bay leaves.
1. The duck is quite fat, so we pour a thin layer of oil into the slow cooker, gradually loosen it from the pieces of poultry. Turn on "Baking".
2. Wash the bird, cut into pieces. Throw in the oil and fry until ruddy color. It will take at least 20 minutes.
3. Carrot clean. It is undesirable to use grater. Cut the root vegetable into a medium-sized straw with an ordinary knife.
4. Peel the onions and cut into strips. First onion in half, then again and shred across. 5. Pour over vegetables to roast duck and continue cooking. The mode is not rearranged.
6. As soon as the vegetables are roasted, put spices for pilaf.
7. Wash the rice at least 5 times with cold water, decant all the liquid from the grits and pour into the slow cooker.
8. Add boiling water and salt. We measure the water in the same glasses as used for rice.
9. Remove the top husk from the garlic head and stick it in the center of the multicooker.
10. We throw bay leaves, close.
11. Rearrange to the program “Plov”, turn on, wait for the signal to finish cooking.
Duck in the Multivarke - Tips and Tricks
• In a duck carcass there are a lot of bony pieces with practically no meat. You do not need to lay them in fried and stews, it is better to immediately fold for soup.
• If a lot of unnecessary fat is released when frying a duck, you can immediately collect it. Preferably before the spices were added. You can also cut the fat immediately when cutting poultry. In this case, it can be folded in a bag and put in the freezer, then used for frying potatoes and for other dishes.
• If you do not like the specific flavor of duck meat, you can pour it with chilled broth of lemon peels. You can soak the bird in water with lots of spices or marinate immediately by adding salt.
• Feathers left on the carcass? The easiest way to get rid of them is burning. You can grind the carcass over a gas stove, fired paper, or over a candle. Then simply scrape with a knife and rinse.