Who does not like soft, juicy, tasty burgers. Surely, neither small nor great will refuse from them. And not necessarily the presence of meat, because the cutlets are not only meat, but also fish, vegetables. One has only to learn how to cook them correctly, and to any side dish you will always have tasty burgers on your table.
Fish cakes are especially relevant and popular today. In addition to excellent taste, this dish rightly boasts its benefits: the fish is rich in fatty acids, vitamins, iodine, iron, phosphorus and other elements.
Fish Pike Cutlets - General Principles
For the preparation of fish cakes, many choose pike. The meat of this fish is soft and tender, moreover, the pike itself is often large and its cutting and processing takes less time than using small fish. In addition, due to its low calorie content, pike is referred to as dietary fish, and even chicken meat can “envy” the protein content.
Cutlets are prepared from a standard set of products for this dish: minced meat, onion, spices, eggs. Sometimes white bread or a loaf soaked in milk or water is added to the mince. Sometimes grated vegetables: for example, cabbage or potatoes. Often for juiciness use lard, sweet butter.
All the ingredients, as expected, crushed, mixed. The stuffing is beaten off well and cleaned for half an hour in the fridge, after it is made into cutlets of any desired shape. Ready-made semi-finished products are rolled in breading: flour, bread crumbs, and crushed oatmeal.
Prepare fish pies from pike, frying, baking or steaming. Served with boiled or baked vegetables, cereals, legumes, pasta. Cutlets are decorated with lemon and fresh herbs.
1. Pike fishcakes
• 2 big pikes;
• egg - 2 pcs .;
• onion head;
• some flour for crumbling; • vegetable oil for roasting - 100 ml;
• salt, seasoning for fish - 30 g;
• parsley - 3 leaves;
• lemon - 2 slices.
1. Pike wash, cut, remove the insides, remove the spine, remove the skin, once again thoroughly rinse, twist the flesh through a meat grinder.
2. Mix the minced meat with finely chopped onion, two raw eggs, add a little seasoning, add salt.
3. Blind cutlets, sprinkle with flour.
4. Put the pike cutlets in the pan in hot oil, fry until ready on both sides, about five minutes each.
5. Serve on a serving plate, garnish with parsley leaves and lemon slices.
2. Fish pike cutlets in the oven
• 1 large pike;
• a pair of onions;
• bread from flour of the first grade - 2 pieces;
• 1 egg;
• 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise;
• some cooking oil;
• 30 grams of sugar;
• a few cloves of garlic;
• 150 ml of milk;
• nutmeg, black pepper powder, salt - half a teaspoon.
1. Make minced meat from prepared pike.
2. Mix with chopped onion soaked in milk with bread, raw eggs, add some mayonnaise, squeeze garlic through the garlic, add some salt, add nutmeg, some sugar and allspice, mix everything thoroughly and make small tortillas.
3. Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet, brush with sunflower oil and put ready-made fish cakes.
4. Put the sheet in a preheated oven and bake a little more than half an hour at a moderate temperature.
5. When serving, place two fish cakes on a serving plate, next to put baked potatoes and slices of pickled cucumbers.
3. Diet pike fish patties in a slow cooker
• 4 big pikes;
• butter - 50 g;
• 1 chicken egg;
• onions - 1 pc .;
• 1 loaf;
• black pepper powder, salt, any seasoning - half a teaspoon. Preparation:
1. Shchuchek to cut, wash, scroll through the meat grinder simultaneously with a piece of butter and soaked loaf.
2. Chop the onion finely and add to the mince.
3. Add a raw egg, salt and pepper, mix everything well.
4. Make small tortillas, put in a multicooker container, set the cooking mode and cook for less than half an hour.
5. Serve on a plate of two pieces, along with boiled rice or buckwheat, you can pour the milk sauce.
4. Pike fishcakes with pork lard
• 2 small pikes;
• 1 loaf of flour of the first grade;
• a small piece of bacon;
• milk - 250 ml;
• 1 onion;
• 1 chicken egg;
• flour - 2 handfuls;
• some vegetable oil;
• any seasoning, salt - 1 tsp without a slide.
1. Chop a long loaf into small pieces and soak it in milk until softened.
2. To cut the fish, separate the fillets from the bones.
3. Grind the pike using a meat grinder, there twist and lard.
4. Add onion - fine crumb, egg, add salt to taste, pepper, pour in different seasonings.
5. Sprinkle the cutlets with flour, put in a frying pan heated with vegetable oil and fry for 8 minutes on both sides.
6. When serving, spread a few pieces on the plates with a small amount of mashed potatoes, pour tomato sauce.
5. Pike fishcakes with fried onions
• 5 large pikes;
• 3 slices of bread of the first grade;
• egg - 2 pcs .;
• 2 large onions;
• 10 g of granulated sugar;
• 150 ml of milk;
• some roasting oil;
• salt, any seasoning, ground black pepper - 30 g each;
• fresh parsley - a few twigs;
• slice of lemon.
1. Bread from flour of the first grade cut into small slices, soak in milk (you can also in water).
2. Two heads of onions should be peeled, washed with cold water, cut into small cubes.
3. Put the onion in the pan with butter and fry until light brown. 4. To cut fresh carcasses of pikes, remove the insides from them, cut off the tails, heads, fins, remove the skin, scroll the flesh through a meat grinder.
5. Add crushed bread, raw eggs to the minced fish mass, add salt, add granulated sugar, stir everything thoroughly, put fried onions and stir again.
6. Form cutlets from prepared fish mass, put them on a hot oiled frying pan and fry from all sides for about ten minutes.
7. Serve ready-made fish cakes on a serving plate, as a separate dish, you can put pickles with tomatoes next to it, decorate with parsley sprigs and lemon wedges.
6. Juicy pike fishcakes with cabbage
• 3 middle pikes;
• lard - a small piece;
• white loaf - 1 pc .;
• a small piece of white cabbage;
• milk - 5 tbsp. spoons;
• onions - 1 pc .;
• 1 chicken egg;
• any spice - 10 g;
• ground crackers - half glass;
• sunflower oil for frying - 50 ml;
• Fresh cilantro - 5 stalks;
• salt - half a teaspoon;
• cherry tomatoes - 5 pieces.
1. Cut the pulp into slices, soak in boiled milk, leave to soak for five minutes.
2. Prepare minced fish: gut pikes, remove all entrails, cut off the heads, fins, remove the skin, put a large grate in the meat grinder and scroll the fish flesh.
3. Peel the onion, chop it into fine crumbs, lard into small cubes, chop the cabbage into thin short straws, put it all in mince together with the sodden loaf and mix well.
4. With all the minced products, scroll through the meat grinder again, add some salt, pepper, add seasoning, chopped cilantro, add a beaten chicken egg and stir again well.
5. Divide the prepared mince into small balls, form them in the form of cutlets, roll in ground breadcrumbs.
6. In a well-heated pan with butter, carefully place the cutlets, fry on all sides for ten minutes. 7. Serve on a serving plate for two or three pieces, next to put a few cherry tomatoes, beautifully put sprigs of fresh cilantro.
7. Chopped pike fish patties in a hurry
• kilogram of fish fillet;
• salt pepper;
1. Cut fillets into small cubes, put in a large bowl.
2. Add raw egg, salt and pepper.
3. Put chopped onion in minced meat, mix well again.
4. Remove the fish mass for an hour in the refrigerator.
5. After once again carefully knead the mince, form the patties.
6. Heat the butter in a pan, fry the patties on both sides to a blush.
7. Serve hot.
Fish Pike Cutlets - Tips
• The taste of the cutlets will be more saturated if you twist the pike pulp through a large grate, onion and vegetables are better cut into smaller pieces. It is also permissible to chop a pike with a knife into small cubes.
• Forcemeat must be thoroughly kneaded by hand for a long time, then the patties will be airy and especially tender.
• To prevent minced fish from sticking to utensils, it is recommended to cool all dishes. Minced meat will not stick to hands either, if during the formation of cutlets periodically palms are dipped in cold water.
• Juicy pike cutlets are obtained by adding a little bit of lard to the mince. In addition, when forming cutlets, you can put a piece of butter in the middle of the product.
• Fish pike cutlets can easily be turned into zrazy, if you make stuffing from eggs, fried vegetables or mushrooms. They can also be fried or baked, steamed. The main thing is that the filling was already cooked, not raw.