Zucchini jam? Yes, yes, you heard right. Heard a lot, but never tried? Well, it does not matter! Exotic sweetness is made easy enough, and the products will need more than affordable.
The recipe was born, apparently, in an era of total deficit. How could I not try to make jam from fragrant citrus, that's just the trouble - buying them in boxes was problematic.
The way out was found, the jam from citrus alone would be too cloying, but if you mix them with a neutral, to the taste, product ... in a word, the zucchini came in handy. An unusual delicacy can be served with cookies, or added to herbal teas, and the juice from it is wonderful in hot weather.
Zucchini jam with lemons and oranges - the general principles of cooking
• Zucchini jam with lemons and oranges is always cooked, and even now they are cooked on the stove in large basins and bowls. But with the advent of new technology in the kitchen, modern chefs have adapted various recipes for this jam for cooking in a slow cooker and bread maker.
• Exotic citrus and zucchini jam is boiled easily, quickly and simply. Most importantly - it does not require large expenditures. All it takes is zucchini, some sugar and citrus - a few oranges, lemons or lime.
• Zucchini for jam, you can take any both mature and young. If mature squash necessarily cut a thick peel and remove large seeds, for a young vegetable is not necessary.
• Oranges and lemons peeled or left unpeeled. If the zest prescription must be left - the fruit must be poured boiling water. It is worth noting that the jam with citrus in the peel has a specific bitter taste. Bones in the fruit, be sure to remove.
• Both zucchini and oranges with lemons can be cut into slices, chopped, twisting in a meat grinder or interrupting with a blender. • Products sliced into pieces, for a while fall asleep with sugar, seeking to produce a significant amount of juice for the syrup. Often squash allowance in a small amount of water or without it.
• Usually zucchini jam with lemon or oranges cooked in several stages. But there are recipes that allow you to cook it in one “set”.
• To add a special flavor to jam, you can add canned pineapple syrup and even pieces of it.
• To add a special “touch” to the citrus flavor, you can put thyme, ginger or cinnamon in it when cooking.
• Zucchini jam with citrus can be prepared for the winter. For this, freshly boiled jam is poured into clean, thoroughly sterilized jars with almost boiling water. Covered with prepared lids, and, rolling the key for preservation, put the lid down to cool.
Dense zucchini jam with lemon - “Squash jam”
• 1 kg of young zucchini;
• kilogram of sugar;
• two large ripe lemons.
1. Rinse lemons and zucchini well under tap in warm water and wipe dry with a linen towel.
2. Then cut the zucchini into small slices, lemons into slices and select all the bones.
3. Grind grinder with zucchini and lemons. In the process, gradually add granulated sugar to the grinder.
4. Pour the mixture into the basin, pour in the remnants of the sugar measure and put on a large, but not maximum, fire.
5. Immediately after boiling, reduce the heat and cook the zucchini jam for another quarter of an hour, stirring occasionally.
6. Turn off the stove and set the jam aside, covered with a towel or a lid, to cool completely.
7. Then boil again and boil in the same mode for another 20 minutes.
Zucchini jam with lemons and oranges - “Citrus flavor”
• white granulated sugar - 800 grams;
• two large lemons;
• medium sized orange;
• one kilogram of zucchini.
1. Orange and rinse with lemons. Pour each citrus with boiling water and cut into small pieces together with the peel. 2. Remove the peel from zucchini with a special vegetable peeler or a thin thin knife. Cut each one in half lengthwise and select seeds. Dissolve each half lengthwise into 2-3 pieces and then chop it into thin straws.
3. Put zucchini in a bowl with crushed citrus, put sugar on top and put the bowl in the fridge for a day or at least for the night.
4. After that, mix well, put on medium heat and boil after boiling, without reducing heat, for seven minutes. Then reduce the fire to the minimum and continue cooking the jam for 40 minutes.
Zucchini jam with oranges and lemons in a slow cooker
• kilogram of zucchini;
• a pound of oranges (two large);
• big, thick-skinned lemon;
• three glasses of white sugar;
• Cinnamon - 1 stick.
1. Rinse the courgettes thoroughly with water, cut off the edges and peel off the skin with a thin layer. You can do it with a knife, but more convenient vegetable peeler. Cut the vegetable into centimeter cubes, put it in a brewing bowl and leave, covered with sugar, for one hour.
2. Citrus fruits pour in boiling water. Wipe dry with a towel and a rake and scrape the zest with them. Then clean the white thick shell and cut into very small cubes. Be sure to select all the bones, otherwise the jam will get an unpleasant taste.
3. Transfer the citrus pulp and zest to the zucchini. Add cinnamon, badian and paste the bowl into the slow cooker.
4. On the panel, select the option “Quenching”, set the time to 2 hours and, closing the lid tightly, turn on the slow cooker.
5. After completion of the mode, the jam can be poured into cans.
Zucchini jam with lemons and ginger
• three kg. thin-skinned zucchini (young);
• 50 grams of ginger root;
• four medium lemon;
• three kilos of sugar.
1. Squashes together with the peel are cut into small pieces in a copper or enamel basin.
2. Pour a small amount of drinking water to the zucchini and set on low heat. Tomite the vegetable, stirring occasionally, until the pieces are soft. 3. Cut the ginger root into thin slices and wrap in cheesecloth. Tie a bag and dip into the basin with zucchini.
4. Then turn off the stove, add sugar. Add the ground lemons, chopped into a blender, and cook the jam until cooked, systematically mixing the mass.
5. Check the readiness of jam, dripping them on a saucer or plate. If it spreads - continue to cook, and if not - then it is ready and you can turn off the stove.
“Dietary zucchini jam” with lemons without sugar
• lemons - 4 pcs., Medium size;
• 6 gr. sweetener for stevia;
• two kilograms of young zucchini.
1. Cut the hard peel off the zucchini. Cut each one lengthwise into four pieces and remove the seeds by cutting out the middle with a knife. Then cut the vegetable into long strips of one and a half centimeter thickness and then chop into thin slices.
2. Cut the dried lemons into small pieces, selecting seeds and removing coarse membranes.
3. Put the crushed zucchini and lemons into the cooking container. Add the sweetener, mix and leave to infuse to make the zucchini and lemons give the juice.
4. After two hours, put the container on medium heat and, after boiling, boil for 2 minutes. Then let the jam cool completely and boil again. This procedure should be repeated at least five times. Having done this for the last time, immediately spread out the hot mass of the prepared banks.
Zucchini jam with oranges and citric acid in a slow cooker
• full glass of sugar (white);
• oranges 450 gr .;
• 0.25 tsp. lemon;
• one big zucchini.
1. Rinse the zucchini in warm water, dry well and cut into small cubes. Pour the sugar for one hour.
2. Transfer the zucchini into the brew bowl and soak in the cooking mode for porridge for 20 minutes.
3. Then add the oranges cut into medium-sized oranges without the peel and seeds. Sprinkle with citric acid and stir. Continue cooking by turning on the same mode at the same time. 4. At the end of cooking, let the jam cool completely, then bring it to readiness in the “Porridge” mode.
Zucchini jam with lemon in bread maker
• kilogram of sugar;
• 100 ml of drinking, purified water;
• medium sized lemon;
• fresh, “white” zucchini - 1 kg.
1. Lemon first boil the boiling water and wash well with squash running water.
2. At vegetable marrows, cut off the stem, peel with a knife or vegetable peeler and cut into centimeter cubes.
3. Remove the bowl of the bread machine, put the vegetable pieces into it and rub the lemon with a medium grater. Pour in water and add sugar.
4. Place the bowl back in the bread maker and cook the zucchini jam by setting the “Jam” option with the lid closed.
5. After about an hour, jam marrow with lemon will be ready.
Zucchini jam with oranges and lemons - “Lime jam”
• 800 gr. squash;
• a large bunch of thyme;
• granulated sugar (white) - 300 gr .;
• Lime - 1 pc.
1. Cut peeled zucchini with thick circles. Spoon select from the middle all the seeds and cut the pulp into small strips.
2. Using a fine grater, scrape the whole zest from the lime and roll the fruit around the table, pressing it down lightly with your hand.
3. Tear off thyme leaves from the sprigs. You can not do this, but then you will need to remove the thyme from the jam after cooking.
4. Mix small stripes of zucchini with lime zest and beat the kitchen processor into a uniform mashed potatoes.
5. Cut the lime and squeeze all the juice into the cooking bowl. Scrape off the pulp with a small spoon and put in freshly squeezed juice.
6. Pour the sugar and put the pot on moderate heat. Bring to a boil, stirring the syrup constantly.
7. Add the leaves of thyme, enter the squash puree, and, having mixed well, continue cooking on low heat for half an hour.
Zucchini jam with lemons, oranges and pineapple - “Pineapple zucchini with a citrus note”
• one medium orange and one lemon;
• 800 gr. squash (young);
• bank of canned pineapples;
• 0.7 kg of white sugar.
1. Cut the zucchini flesh into medium-sized cubes (two to two centimeters).
2. Crush the orange and lemon along with the peel, removing the citrus bones when cutting.
3. In a saucepan, pour a syrup, about 120-140 ml out of a jar of pineapples, and put it to a boil.
4. In a boiling syrup with continuous stirring, dissolve granulated sugar until its grains completely disappear. Dip zucchini cubes into a saucepan and, when boiling again, add lemon, orange and pineapple slices from the jar.
5. Simmer for 50 minutes. To prevent pieces of fruit from burning, systematically mix it with a wooden spoon.
Zucchini jam with oranges and lemons - cooking tricks, useful tips
• Be sure to cut thick, coarse rind from mature squash and choose seeds, otherwise the consistency of the jam will be broken and you will not get the expected result.
• To make it easier to squeeze the juice from the lime, dip it in hot water for a minute and only then roll it over the table.
• Do not forget to remove all the bones from citrus fruits, otherwise fragrant and bright jam will be unpleasant to bitter.