Home-made lollipops - general cooking principles
In childhood, everyone tried colorful lollipops in the form of various animals and figurines. Back to 10 minutes in childhood recipes help homemade candy. Food is prepared very simply - even a child can handle it. The main ingredients for homemade candies are sugar, water and vinegar, you can also use lemon or any other fruit juice. If there are no natural dyes, you can use food. From the usual white sugar will turn yellow candy, and from brown - darker, amber.
The principle of making home-made lollipops is very simple: sugar is mixed with water or juice and put on the fire. After boiling, you need to pour vinegar and stir the syrup. In general, cooked caramel should be from 2 to 7 minutes. As soon as it begins to thicken, the syrup can be poured into molds. Sticks need to stick as soon as the mass begins to “grab”. After 2 minutes, homemade candies will be ready.
Homemade lollipops can be prepared even if there are no special molds. You can use parchment paper. Spread the paper on the table and pour the boiled caramel in small portions, then put the sticks on top and pour more caramel. Get oval or round candy. You can also pour the syrup on an ordinary dish. It must first be greased with vegetable oil. Lollipops will just break into pieces. Another way is to “wind” the caramel on wooden sticks and put it in a container with cold water. This will need to be done several times in a row.
Any fruit and berry juices are suitable for making candy, you can also add to the mass of cocoa, honey, vanilla, etc. You can add a little rum, wine, brandy or liqueur to homemade candies for adults.
Homemade Lollipops - Preparing Food and Cookware
To make homemade candy, you will need special molds for candy (you can use silicone), wooden sticks, skewers for kebab or toothpicks and an enameled bowl with a thin bottom. It is desirable that the dishes were light in color. This will allow you to monitor the readiness of the caramel and trace its color in order to avoid sugar digestion and crystallization. Forms for candy you need to pre-lubricate with vegetable oil, otherwise they will not be able to get. If sharp wooden skewers are used, the pointed ends need to be cut, otherwise you can get hurt.
Preparing food is the very process of making home-made lollipops. And how to prepare them, you can read in the recipes presented below.
Home-made candy recipes:
Recipe 1: Homemade Lollipops
Homemade lollipops are cooked very easily and quickly. All that is needed for this is sugar, water, vinegar, and optionally a food coloring to make the caramel bright and diverse. Also prepare small molds and thin wooden skewers.
- 4 spoons of sugar;
- Water - 30 ml;
- 15 ml of vinegar (9%);
- Food coloring - at will.
Pour sugar with enamelware. In a small amount of water we dilute several grams of dye. Pour the usual water to the sugar. Put the bowl on high heat, bring the syrup to a boil, stirring continuously. As soon as the contents of the bowl boil - pour vinegar. Reduce the heat and boil the syrup for a few minutes. At the end of cooking pour the diluted dye. We determine readiness: we dip a stick in the syrup and immediately place it under cold water. If the mass stretches, then the syrup still needs to be boiled. After cooking, turn off the fire and stir the contents of the bowl. Pour the caramel into the cups, after a few minutes, insert the sticks. After half an hour, homemade candies will harden.
Recipe 2: Homemade Lollipops with Lemon Juice
Such homemade lollipops are prepared as easily as in the first version. The lemon juice used in this recipe gives caramel pleasant sourness. You can use lemon juice and water in equal quantities. Prepare special molds for candy. Molds must be pre-greased with vegetable oil.
- Sugar - 3 spoons;
- Lemon juice - 30 ml;
- Vegetable oil - 12 ml.
Mix sugar with lemon juice. Boil the caramel for 3-5 minutes. The longer you cook, the more the bitterness and taste of burnt sugar will be felt. Pour the mass into molds and insert the sticks. Leave the homemade lollipops cool.
Recipe 3: Home-made lollipops with currant juice
Instead of food coloring, you can always use natural. Best of all, it is suitable fruit and berry juices. Homemade lollipops with currant juice are cooked for no more than 10 minutes and are very beautiful, tasty and fragrant.
- Sugar - 3 spoons;
- Blackcurrant juice - 15 ml.
Mix sugar and currant juice. Put the mass on a strong fire. After boiling reduce fire. Mix the mass and boil the caramel for 6-7 minutes. As soon as the caramel begins to thicken, remove the bowl from the heat. Immediately pour the caramel over the greased molds.
Recipe 4: Homemade Chocolate Candy
Very simple homemade candy with a delicate chocolate flavor. Such sweets are prepared very simply. For cooking except sugar, you need honey and cocoa.
- Two glasses of sugar;
- Cocoa - 2 spoons;
- 15 ml of honey;
- Water - 75 ml;
- Vegetable oil.
Preparation Method: Mix sugar, honey, cocoa and water. Put the mass on the fire and bring, stirring, until thick. We mold butter loaves and fill them with caramel. Leave to freeze.
Homemade lollipops - secrets and tips from the best chefs
- It is better not to do a lot of syrup, as the caramel quickly hardens. It is better to cook homemade candies in small portions;
- The water in the bowl should barely cover the sugar. Food coloring should be dissolved in a few ml of water, it should be poured at the very end of cooking;
- So that there are not many bubbles in the candy, after boiling the caramel is better not to interfere. It is enough just to turn down the heat. Wand you need to stir the caramel after turning off the fire;
- The readiness of the syrup is very easy to check: you need to dip the stick in the caramel and immediately place it under a stream of cold water. If the mass drags on, then the caramel is not ready yet. The readiness is also indicated by the presence of dark floors on the walls of the dishes;
- To make homemade candies beautifully shine, they need to be rinsed under warm water. If this is done under the cold, the candy can crack. After the candies have dried, they can be wrapped in paper or film;
- If candies are prepared with the addition of vinegar, a sure sign of the readiness of the caramel will be the disappearance of the characteristic vinegar odor. The pronounced aroma of burnt sugar means that the caramel must be removed from the fire. If the mass is not cooked, the lollipops simply do not harden, and if you overdo it - the candies will respond with a bitter aftertaste of burned-out sugar;
- Home-made lollipops can also be prepared on the basis of herbal decoctions, vegetable juices, milk, cream, coffee infusion, etc.