Country style potato - general principles and methods of cooking
Many people love country-style potatoes, which are offered at McDonalds. No doubt, it can be called tasty and nourishing, but it is unlikely that it is useful. Dishes in fast food contain a variety of additives, which, while enhancing their taste, may not in the best way affect our body shape and well-being. That is why more and more people are trying to master their favorite dishes in their home kitchen in order to be sure of the naturalness of the products used and the absence of harmful additives. And, I must say, many people manage it just fine.
At McDonald's, potatoes are country-style deep-fried, but at home they are also cooked in the oven. So it turns out not less tasty and more useful. Another detail - for the preparation of such potatoes in a rustic way, potatoes are cut into slices, without removing the skin from them, and in this form they are fried and baked. So the dish looks especially piquant and appetizing.
Country Potatoes - Food Preparation
To cook the potatoes in a country style, we wash the unpeeled potatoes, dry them with a paper towel or napkins, and cut them into fairly thick slices.
For cooking potatoes in a country style, you need to take only new potatoes, since we will not release it from the rind. Mature potato skin is thick, so it can not be used when frying or baking potatoes in a country style. Although some find a very simple way out - they use peeled potatoes. But the taste and appearance of the dish is slightly different.
Country style potatoes - best recipes
Recipe 1: Country style potatoes
Potatoes cooked according to this recipe are very tasty and juicy. It is very good to serve pickles, pickled mushrooms, vegetables, greens and various sauces.
1 kg of new potatoes;
300 gr. vegetable oil;
to taste spices and salt.
1. Carefully wash new potatoes with a special brush for vegetables, then, after drying with a paper towel or napkins, cut it along the tuber into large slices. 2. Pour vegetable oil into a deep frying pan or stew pan, bring to a boil (its quantity should be sufficient for deep-frying).
3. Putting sliced potatoes in portions of boiling oil, fry it until golden brown. Periodically should turn the pieces of potatoes, using a fork. The purpose of such frying - not to bring the potatoes to readiness, and to achieve the formation of golden brown. Therefore, it is important to ensure that the temperature of the oil during frying will ensure that it boils intensively around the potato pieces.
4. Spread the fried potatoes on a plate covered with napkins so that they absorb the oil and the potatoes are not so fat.
5. Heat the oven well. Cover the baking sheet with foil and spread roasted potatoes on it in one layer. Salt it and pepper it, bake about 15 minutes.
Recipe 2: Country Potatoes Baked in the Oven
This recipe will be appreciated by lovers of McDonalds dishes who do not like the abundance of fats and other non-healthy additives in them. Here the potatoes are not cooked in deep fat, and baked in the oven. Given that the calorie fastfood potatoes in a country style is 315 kcal per 100 grams, you can understand why many people prefer to love it at a distance. But by baking potatoes in the oven, without the use of deep fat, you can very significantly reduce the calorie content of the dish!
1 kg of new potatoes;
50 gr. rast. oils;
to taste the spices.
1. Thoroughly wash the potatoes with a brush or sponge, dry them with a paper towel or napkins and cut them into not too thin slices or bars. Putting them in a saucepan and pouring water, put on fire. After boiling, boil for about 5 minutes.
2. Drain the water from the half-cooked potatoes and cool it. Put the cooled potatoes in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and spices - pepper, paprika, hops-suneli, etc. We pour generously with sunflower oil and mix the potatoes with salt and spices well.
3. Heat the oven properly. Then take a baking sheet, but do not lubricate it with sunflower oil, and lay out the foil on it, and on top of it - potatoes in one layer. Putting a baking sheet with potatoes in the oven, bake about 20 minutes.
Recipe 3: Country Potatoes Baked in the Oven with Spice Mix
This potato also has less fat than the McDonald's dish of the same name, however, it turns out to be deliciously fragrant and very tasty. You can make a mixture of spices for its preparation, based on your taste preferences.
1 kg of potatoes (young);
100 gr. olive oil;
half a teaspoon:
to taste the salt.
1. Thoroughly wash the potatoes (preferably using a brush), dry them with a paper towel or napkins. Then we cut in the form of cubes, not too thin. For example, cut it in half, and then cut each half in half.
2. Mix all the spices, set aside from the resulting mass of 1 tsp. and mix it with olive oil. The remaining spices are postponed.
3. Heat the oven well. Then grease the pan with butter. Now, dipping each potato slice into olive oil with spices, put them on a baking sheet, cut up and sprinkle with spices that we have left.
If you are too lazy to dip the potato pieces into butter, you can make it much easier. After you mix it with the spices, put the potatoes in a paper bag, pour the oil on top and rub the bag well, so that its contents are well mixed. After that, you can spread the potatoes on a baking sheet and continue to cook it in accordance with the recipe.
4. Put the baking tray with potatoes in a preheated oven and bake it for about half an hour until it gets crispy.
Country-style Potato - Useful Tips from Experienced Culinary Specialists
If you want to cook real potatoes in a country style, choose only new potatoes and do not peel them off! You will not only enrich the dish with potassium, which is contained in potato skins. Potatoes in a rustic way, cooked in this way, looks very appetizing and truly rustic, especially if you serve it with vegetables and greens, or pickled mushrooms.