Tomatoes and plums - a unique flavor combination.
The blanks from this duet are unusual, have a fruity aroma and savory taste. And of these ingredients you can cook so much!
For example, pickle tomatoes with plums for the winter, salt in a barrel, make homemade ketchup, spicy adjika, various snacks and salads.
Tomatoes with plums for the winter - general principles of cooking
If whole tomatoes go into harvesting, then it is better to choose small fruits. They quickly marinate, more accurately be located in the bank and they will fit more.
If you are preparing salads and snacks from slices of tomatoes, then you need to use unripe fruits, that will be easier to cut and not mash.
If you are preparing sauces from tomatoes with plums for the winter, you can take any tomatoes, including overripe, large, crooked and cracked.
Plums can also take any. For pickling and salting, they are laid in banks entirely. If sauces and snacks are prepared, the bone must be removed. Usually tomatoes predominate in the blanks, less often taken an equal number of plums and tomatoes.
In addition to tomatoes and plums, onions, garlic, peppers, sweet and hot, all sorts of spices are used. As preservatives are involved: vinegar, aspirin, sugar, salt, pungent and spicy ingredients. All these components are perfectly combined not only with tomatoes, but also plums.
As usual, you need to use only clean dishes, wash well and dry the fruits, jars and lids before sterilizing. If a meat grinder or blender is used to grind the ingredients, then you need to check them for cleanliness. There should be no residues of other products on the knives.
Recipe 1: Pickled tomatoes with plums for the winter in a simple way
Recipe for simple preservation of tomatoes with plums for the winter. And tomatoes, and plums, and pickle are very tasty, especially well combined with meat dishes. It is better to use small tomatoes, the size of an egg.
Ingredients • 1 kg of tomatoes;
• 500 grams of plums;
• any greens;
• 2 l. water;
• salt 3 spoons;
• 7 tablespoons of sugar;
• 50 ml of vinegar 9%.
1. Put chopped onion, peeled garlic chives in sterile jars, put sweet peas in peppercorns. If desired, add herbs: parsley, dill, cherry leaves, horseradish.
2. Fill the contents of the jar with boiling water, cover with a lid and let stand for 20 minutes.
3. Pour the liquid into the pan, bring the volume up to two liters, pour all the spices, including vinegar. Give boil and boil marinade 2 minutes.
4. Fill the tomatoes with plums with boiling marinade, roll them up and send them to cool in an inverted state.
Recipe 2: Tomato ketchup with plums for the winter
A basic recipe for making ketchup from tomatoes and plums for the winter. In this basis, you can add a variety of spices, garlic, all kinds of pepper and get new flavors. Ketchup is thick and very fragrant, it is better to use ripe and soft tomatoes.
• 2 kg tomatoes, ripe and soft;
• 1 kg of plum;
• 500 grams of onion;
• salt and sugar.
1. Pour water into a saucepan and boil. Omit the tomatoes for a moment, then put them under cold water. Remove the skin, remove the place of attachment of the stalk and put everything in a saucepan.
2. Peel the onions, cut them into half rings, send them to the tomatoes and set to cook for 20 minutes. Cool and wipe through a sieve.
3. Remove plums from plums, put them in a separate saucepan, add a glass of water and boil until soft. Cool and wipe through a sieve to remove all the skins.
4. Combine both mashed potatoes, boil for a third, add spices to your taste, pour the ready sauce over the cans, cork the key.
Recipe 3: Plum Tomatoes for the Winter with Aspirin
Recipe without vinegar. Plums are added in a small amount, more for flavor. Acetylsalicylic acid is added as a preservative at the rate of 1 tablet per liter of the preform. From these ingredients you can make one three-liter jar. Ingredients
• tomatoes 2 kg;
• 300 grams of plums;
• 2 tablespoons of salt;
• 3 tablets of acetylsalicylic acid;
• 5 tablespoons of sugar.
We also take standard spices: peppercorns, bay leaves, garlic, dill umbrellas and horseradish greens.
1. Fold in a sterile jar, washed and dried leaves, throw 5 peas of pepper, dill, a few cloves of garlic.
2. Put the washed cream and tomatoes.
3. Under the classical scheme we fill in with boiling water, warm up and drain.
4. Add sugar and salt, boil the brine.
5. We throw aspirin into the jars, fill it with brine and roll it up. Cool the blanks upside down, under the veil.
Recipe 4: Tomatoes with plums for the winter in jelly
Many make a similar snack of tomatoes and onions. But if you make such a billet of tomatoes with plums for the winter, it will turn out even more tasty. On average, 1 kg of tomatoes is about 200 grams of plums. It is better to use unripe vegetables and fruits, so that the pieces keep their shape better.
• 1.7 kg of tomatoes;
• 500 grams of plums;
• 3 peppercorns;
• 5 head of garlic;
• dill, bay leaf.
• 25 grams of gelatin (two spoons);
• half a cup of sugar;
• 1.5 liters of water;
• two tablespoons of salt.
1. Immediately pour gelatin with a glass of cool water and set aside for swelling. While engaged in vegetables.
2. Plums break in half, remove the bone.
3. Cut the tomatoes into circles, but not thinner than 5 mm.
4. We put tomatoes in prepared containers, in places we lay the halves of plums, greens. Do not forget to throw peppercorns and bay leaves on the bottom.
5. Pour the rest of the water from the brine into the pan, add salt with sugar, boil and at the end lay out the swollen gelatin. Stir, bring to a boil, but do not cook.
6. Fill the cans up to the top, cover with lids.
7. We put the saucepan or basin of towels or any cloth on the bottom, put the jars, fill with warm water and sterilize. For one-liter containers, 10 minutes is enough; half-liter jars are 7 minutes.
8. Roll the key.
Recipe 5: Tomatoes with plums for the winter without spices
The peculiarity of this recipe for tomatoes with plums for the winter is that nothing but tomatoes and fruits are put into the jar. Ingredients exchange aromas with each other. It is better to take a dense sort of tomato cream, with them, this preparation turns out more beautiful.
Per liter of brine:
• Spoon of salt;
• 1 tsp. essences;
• 3 spoons of sugar.
1. Tomatoes need to pierce a toothpick near the stem.
2. Fold the washed tomatoes and plums into sterile jars. The proportions can be absolutely any. But when laying it is better to alternate vegetables with fruit, it will taste better.
3. Fill with boiling water, warm up for 10-15 minutes, drain the water.
4. Add spices, boil, again pour in banks. In each, pour vinegar essence, cover with a lid and roll the key.
Recipe 6: Adjika from tomatoes with plums for the winter
One of the most delicious options for harvesting tomatoes with plums for the winter is adzhika. The sauce turns spicy, moderately spicy, with pleasant fruity notes and sourness. And he is very easy to prepare. For this adzhika you can use any plum and even cherry plum.
• 1 kg of plum;
• 2 kg of ripe tomatoes;
• 2 onions;
• 80 grams of garlic;
• 100 grams of sugar;
• 1.5 tablespoons of salt;
• 2 chillies;
• spoon of paprika.
1. We wash plums, we dry and we remove stones.
2. We wash the tomatoes, also dry them and cut them into pieces, remove the stalks. It is better to use fleshy varieties to make the sauce thick.
3. Garlic and bulbs are peeled. Garlic finely chop and remove to the side.
4. Grind onion, tomatoes, hot pepper (the seeds can not be removed) and plums through a meat grinder. We shift the mass in the pan and set to cook for 20 minutes.
5. Add all the spices, cook for another 10 minutes.
6. Add minced garlic, boil for another 5 minutes. At this stage, you can bring to taste, add more salt, sugar, perhaps, in the ingredients a little acid. In this case, you can add vinegar or sprig.
7. Spill boiling adjika in jars, twirl caps.
Recipe 7: Salted tomatoes with plums for the winter “Like in a barrel”
The recipe is amazingly delicious tomatoes with plums for the winter, which are prepared directly in glass jars. But it is only suitable for the lucky owners of the cellar. Tomatoes and plums are better to use unripe, so they retain their shape.
• horseradish leaves, currants, cherries;
• Dill umbrellas.
• 10 liters of water, better spring water;
• two glasses of salt;
• one glass of sugar.
1. Banks are rinsed well with baking soda, you can not sterilize. At the bottom we put the leaves, pepper, fennel umbrellas.
2. Fold tomatoes and plums mixed.
3. In cold water, pour salt with sugar, stir until dissolved.
4. Fill the cans, close with plastic lids and keep the day at room temperature, then lower into the cellar.
5. After a couple of months, you can try barrel tomatoes with plums. The blank of this recipe does not explode and is well worth the next year, but it is important to keep it in a cold room.
Recipe 8: Spicy tomato sauce with plums for the winter
For this billet of tomatoes with plums for the winter will need over-ripe tomatoes and fruits. Red chilli is used for spice, but if it is not there, you can take green by increasing the proportion by 1.5 times.
• 2 kg of tomatoes;
• 1.2 kg plum;
• 800 grams of sweet pepper;
• 200 grams of spicy pods;
• 500 grams of onions;
• 3-4 tablespoons of salt;
• 250 grams of sugar.
1. All fruits are washed and dried, spreading on the fabric.
2. Remove plums from plums, fold them into a large saucepan.
3. Tomatoes cut into arbitrary slices, send to plums.
4. We also add sweet peeled seeds from seeds and sharp pods cut into pieces.
5. Add the peeled and chopped randomly onions.
6. Cover the pan with a lid, turn on the stove and cook the future sauce for an hour. You do not need to add water, there will be enough juice that stands out.
7. An hour later, turn off the fire, remove the cover and cool the workpiece to a warm state.
8. Now boiled products need to be rubbed through a sieve or simply punch through a blender. The grated sauce turns out more tender, and the punched blender is thicker, and it becomes easier. Choose the most suitable method and prepare mashed potatoes. 9. Put the sauce on the stove, add sugar, salt, boil for 5 minutes and pour into prepared containers. Roll up.
Tomatoes with plums for the winter - tips and tricks
• To prevent tomatoes and plums from bursting when boiling water is poured, you need to pierce the skin with a toothpick. Also, this technique will help marinate fruits faster, absorb the aroma and taste of other ingredients.
• Plum skin is tough enough, so for sauces it is better to remove it. The easiest way is to steam the fruit under a lid with a small amount of water, then cool and rub through a sieve, you can even large.
• Spices make the taste of the billet special. But with them it is important not to overdo it. As they cook, they reveal their flavors and can completely overshadow the natural taste of the products.
• The choice of procurement primarily depends on the quality of the vegetables. If tomatoes and / or plums are ripe and soft, then it is better to put them in sauces. And if the fruits are sufficiently hard, unripe, then it is better to marinate, pickle or prepare salads.
• Vinegar is not only a preservative, but an ingredient for taste. Therefore it is necessary to strictly observe the dosage. And if you want to make the preparation tastier and healthier, then use apple cider vinegar, by the way, you can also make it yourself.
• After twisting the cap, be sure to turn the jar over and check for hissing and bubbles. If they appear, the billet needs to be opened, drained marinade, boil and roll up again. If this is a salad, you can open it, sterilize it for 5 minutes in a saucepan and roll it up again with the key.