Meat patties are ideal for snacking. Some people like fried pies, others prefer cooked in the oven. In any case, this pastry is as popular as it was many years ago.
Each mistress has a recipe in the notebook, which is passed down from generation to generation.
Meat Pies A Step-by-Step Recipe - Basic Cooking Principles
The dough for pies can be very different: fresh, yeast, flaky, rich and even from potatoes or cottage cheese. The dough recipe is selected depending on the method of cooking pies. Fried is made from rich or lean yeast dough. Pies in the oven bake from any dough. Yeast or butter dough kneaded on water, milk or dairy products. Yeast is used dry or raw. They are dissolved in warm water, add a little flour and sugar, mix and leave so that the yeast “wakes up”. Then add the rest of the ingredients to the dough and knead the thick, soft dough, which is covered and kept for several hours until it rises. It is advisable to press it several times during this period.
For the potato pies dough, the vegetables are boiled and mashed. Add eggs, yeast and flour and knead soft dough. Instead of yeast, you can use baking soda slaked with vinegar.
As for the filling, it is prepared from raw, fried or boiled meat. It can be lamb, poultry, pork, beef, etc. A simple filling consists of meat and onions, seasoned with spices. The composition of complex fillings may include vegetables, by-products and even fruits.
Minced pies are used raw or fried with onions. The fried stuffing is used only cooled down.
For pies in the oven, you can not grind the meat into minced meat, but chop it into pieces with a knife.
Belyashes, or fried meat patties, are cooked in large quantities of hot vegetable oil. Meat pies step by step recipes allow you to make pastries with various meat fillings.
Recipe 1. Meat Pies is a step-by-step recipe in the oven
Ingredients 700 g of wheat flour;
300 grams of boiled meat;
8 g of instant dry yeast;
5 g of salt;
a glass of milk or boiled water;
50 ml of sunflower oil;
60 grams of sugar;
Method of preparation
1. Heat milk or water. It is very important that the liquid is not hot, otherwise the yeast will simply die. Novice hostesses make a major mistake: they use a liquid at room temperature, without warming it up. In this case, the dough can simply not rise, or rise very slowly. So, add yeast to a warm liquid and stir well to dissolve completely. Instead of dry yeast, you can use raw ones, only in this case their number should be doubled. Add some sugar, mix again and leave for ten minutes for the yeast to work.
2. Pour the flour and knead until the dough is made, like on pancakes. It is very important to note here that flour must be sifted through a sieve. It is advisable to do it twice. Fine flour may be present in the flour, and the sifted flour will be saturated with oxygen, which will make baking lush.
3. Add three tablespoons of vegetable oil to the dough, salt and mix. Oil is better to use refined, it is odorless, and therefore will not be felt in baking. Pour the remaining flour in small portions and knead the elastic dough. Do not knead it for too long, enough until the state until it no longer sticks to your palms. If the yeast dough is kneaded for a long time, it will “clog” and the baking will turn out solid. Place it in a deep dish, cover with a towel and leave for a couple of hours. It is desirable for this time knead the dough.
4. As long as the dough comes up, prepare the filling. Boiled cleaned onion meat twist in a meat grinder, or finely crumble. This recipe uses boiled meat, but you can make stuffing from raw. It can be pork, chicken, lamb or beef. Crush meat with onions, fry, stirring constantly, in vegetable oil until golden brown. Salt must be stuffed and seasoned with spices. You can add fresh greens to the filling.
5. Back to the test. Punch the dough with your hands and knead lightly. Divide it into small balls. Make circles from them, no more than a centimeter thick. This can be done with the help of a rolling pin, or just by stretching your arms. 6. In the middle lay out a spoonful of minced meat. Use only completely cooled filling. Connect the edges, carefully fastening them.
7. Put the seam down the workpiece on a greased baking sheet. Cover pastries with a kitchen towel and leave to warm for 20 minutes. This is necessary in order to make the dough again. Grease cakes with beaten egg or milk. This can be done with a silicone brush or cloth.
8. Put the pan in the oven. It is necessary to preheat it in advance to 180 degrees. Baking pies is 20 minutes. Meat patties are a step-by-step recipe to help you make delicious, airy pastries.
Recipe 2. Fried meat pies step-by-step recipe
half a cup of kefir;
900 g of wheat flour;
half a liter of milk;
ground black pepper;
50 g yeast;
60 g white loaf;
two tablespoons of granulated sugar;
two garlic cloves;
200 g margarine;
two chicken eggs;
250 g of pork and beef pulp.
Method of preparation
1. Start cooking pies with a dough. We heat the milk, make sure that it is not hot, otherwise the yeast will just die, and the dough will not work. In the warm milk dissolve the yeast. They can be dry or fresh. In a yeast mixture, pour sugar and a glass of sifted flour. Stir thoroughly so that not a single lump remains. Leave the mixture warm for forty minutes until it starts to ferment. Foam should rise on the surface.
2. While the dough rises, prepare the filling. Meat washed. Beef cleaned from films and veins. Finely chop with a knife. You can grind with a meat grinder or blender. Onions clean and shred thin quarter rings. You can grind it with meat, but it is better to chop it finely. So onions will give more juice, and the filling will turn out juicy.
3. Pour white loaf with kefir, leave for five minutes, then lay out in the meat stuffing. If there is no kefir, you can soak the bread in plain water or milk. Season the filling with ground pepper and salt. Now mix thoroughly.
4. Margarine melt. This can be done in a saucepan, putting it on a low heat, or you can place the margarine in a bowl and set it over a saucepan of boiling water. Melt the melted fat and put it in the dough. Here, we drive eggs and carefully whip everything up with a whisk until smooth. Pour flour into small portions, sifting it twice before. Squeeze hands until elastic soft dough is obtained. We roll it into a ball, put it in bulk dishes, cover it and hold for an hour. 5. We crush the approached dough, divide it into small pieces. Each knead fingers in a cake, or roll out with a rolling pin. The thickness of the test should not exceed a centimeter. Strictly in the middle lay out a spoonful of meat filling. The edges are tightened to the center and carefully fasten them, leaving a small hole, giving the cake shape of the bag. We leave the pies for proofing for about ten minutes.
6. In a large cast iron skillet pour a lot of vegetable oil. It is advisable to use refined. We put on an intense fire and heat it until a light smoke appears. We spread the pies in boiling oil with a side with a hole. We twist the fire to an average level and fry until ruddy. Turn over the patties and continue to fry until the other side is browned.
7. Put the fried pies on the dish, cover it with paper napkins to absorb excess oil. Serve hot. Cooled meat patties can be heated in a microwave or steamed.
Meat Pies A Step-by-Step Recipe - Tips and Tricks
- You can cook the dough on kefir, in this case it should be put in a warm place for a couple of hours.
- Before frying the pies, be sure to heat the vegetable oil well.
- Meat for the filling can be minced in a meat grinder, or finely chopped with a sharp knife.
- Put the hot baked pies in a deep bowl, and cover with a towel so they will become soft.