The soft taste of blueberries makes this berry one of the most beloved children and adults. The ripe berry contains sugars, organic acids, carotene and ascorbic acid. Blueberries are not only tasty, but also very useful: strengthens the eyesight and immune system, heals gastrointestinal disorders.
Of course, it is best to eat the berry fresh, since it is in the fresh product that all the vitamins and beneficial substances are preserved. But to keep the berry for a long time can not, so it is processed for the winter and stored in the form of jams, jam, jam, sauce, jelly, marmalade, fruit compote. Blueberries can be dried and frozen. With minimal heat treatment in the bilberry blanks it is possible to save a lot of useful substances.
Blueberry blanks - general principles of cooking
Blueberries ripen by mid-summer, collect it until August. Fully ripe berries are used for winter harvesting. It must be sorted out, freed from debris, washed with cold water. After a simple preparation, you can proceed to the processing of blueberries according to recipes blanks.
Glass jars in which the harvested product will be stored must be sterilized over steam for 15–20 minutes (depending on the volume of the container). Metal lids need to boil. Corked cans are cooled in the same way as other blanks: upside down under a warm old blanket or blanket.
Blueberry contains pectin, so it makes a wonderful thick jam. You can prepare it very quickly, and you will need a minimum of ingredients. The taste of jam is natural, the texture is pleasant and quite dense.
• two kilograms of ripe blueberries;
• kilogram of white sugar.
- Put the prepared clean blueberries into the pan for boiling. Well, if she will have a non-stick coating.
- Fill the berry with sugar, mix gently.
- Immediately put on the fire, without waiting for the moment when the berry will put the juice.
- It is not necessary to add water, otherwise the jam will turn out watery, liquid.
- Heat the berry over medium heat. As soon as the bottom of the pot warms up, blueberry juice will stand out.
- Minimize fire and boil bilberries for two hours. The consistency of the jam should be very thick.
- When a foam appears on the surface, it should be removed.
- Once the mass has thickened, the jam is ready.
- If desired, it can be pursed using a dip blender to get a more uniform and thick mass.
- Spread hot jam into clean sterilized jars, cork and cool.
Pureed Blueberries with Sugar
Huge benefit are billet blanks that do not involve heat treatment. The simplest option is to simply grind the berry along with the sugar. From the specified number of ingredients you get 3.5 liters of finished mass. Tasty and healthy!
• three kilograms of ripe blueberries;
• two kilograms of white sugar.
- Put the washed berries in the bowl.
- Pureed blueberries in any way: grind in a blender, meat grinder or just crush with a rolling pin.
- Fill the berry with sugar and mix.
- Put the container with crushed sugar blueberries for 6-8 hours (you can overnight). Sugar should dissolve.
- In clean sterilized jars, lay out the blueberries with sugar, cover with boiled lids and cork.
- Keep cold.
Blueberry jelly for the winter “Lemon-Cinnamon”
Homemade recipes from blueberries must necessarily include jelly - tasty, fragrant, beautiful and extremely easy to prepare. It is not necessary to add spices to it if the flavor of cinnamon or nutmeg is not pleasant. But with them the finished product gets a very pleasant warm touch.
• six glasses of ripe blueberries;
• four glasses of sugar;
• one lemon;
• half a spoon of nutmeg;
• teaspoon cinnamon.
- Put the washed clean blueberries into the cooking pot. Well, if the bottom of the dishes will be thick.
- Mash berries with a mortar or end of a rolling pin.
- Fill the blueberries with sugar, mix.
- Turn on medium heat, send the pan to heat.
- Bring the mass to a boil.
- Squeeze juice out of lemon.
- Remove peel from crusts with a fine grater.
- Pour the juice in and put the zest into the boiled syrup.
- Boil over low heat for about 20 minutes, waiting for the moment when the mass begins to thicken.
- During the cooking process, be sure to stir the future of the jelly, otherwise it will burn.
- As soon as the mass thickens, pour it into prepared banks, cork it and send it under a blanket to cool.
Recipes blanks from blueberries necessarily include a very useful and extremely tasty vitamin compote. The number of ingredients indicated on the three-liter jar.
• three glasses of blueberries;
• one and a half glasses of sugar.
- Banks should be washed with soda and rinsed thoroughly with water.
- Boil lids.
- To sort bilberries, wash and pour them into the jar.
- Send water (three liters per jar) to fire until boiling. It is very convenient to boil water in a large kettle.
- Pour blueberries with boiled water, cover with a lid and leave to warm for 15 minutes.
- Drain and send water back to fire.
- Pour sugar in a jar, cover with a lid.
- When water boils a second time, pour the berry and cork a jar.
- Turn and cool under the covers.
- Keep the workpiece cold.
Canned blueberries without sugar
For the winter, you can make blanks from blueberries without sugar. Here is a simple variant of canning berries, which allows you to save the natural taste of the natural product. Indicated the approximate number of berries. You can stock as much as you can.
• two kilograms of blueberries.
- Rinse berries without garbage, twigs and leaves in several waters.
- Banks sterilized.
- Spread the berries into prepared hot cans, cover them with metal lids.
- Pour water into a wide saucepan, put an old kitchen towel on the bottom, bring water to the boil.
- Carefully place the jars of blueberries in boiling water so as to fill the billet to the neck.
- Sterilize for 20 minutes.
- Banks roll up, cool and send for storage in the cold.
- The seams of the lids can be filled with melted wax or paraffin.
Blueberry and Apple Fruit Jelly
Delicious flavored marmalade will be a favorite useful delicacy for the whole family. For such a blueberry harvesting you need apples and a little citric acid.
• a pound of blueberries;
• a pound of apples without a core and peel;
• seven hundred grams of granulated sugar;
• Two grams of citric acid.
- Peel apples from the skin and middle, cut into small slices.
- Put the apple slices in a saucepan, pour in some water and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Pureen apples with a blender or mortar.
- Rinse the blueberries and crush them with a rolling pin, mortar or mash in a blender.
- Put the blueberry puree in a saucepan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Combine apples and blueberries, put on a slow fire.
- When the mass boils, boil it for five minutes.
- Pour a quarter of sugar, mix, cook for another five minutes.
- In portions, in three doses, add the remaining sugar.
- Dissolve citric acid in a little water.
- Together with the last portion of sugar, add citric acid, mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mass in sterilized jars, roll up hot and cool.
- Send for storage in a cold place.
Five-minute jam from blueberries
The classic recipe for blueberry blanks is jam. To keep the maximum amount of vitamins, you need to cook it for just five minutes.
• one and a half kilograms of blueberries;
• kilogram of sugar.
- Rinse the berries and dry them a little on a towel.
- Put blueberries in a saucepan if possible with a thick bottom.
- Pour the sugar over the berries and leave for three to four hours to give the juice.
- Put the pan on a small fire.
- Wait until it boils, stirring the syrup constantly.
- Remove the foam.
- When the jam boils, spot five minutes.
- Pour hot jam into clean sterilized jars and cork.
- Keep cold.
Blueberry Blanks - Tricks and Tips
- If the recipe needs shredded blueberries, it can be pureed with a mixer. In order not to splash the kitchen, the berry first needs to be slightly crushed with a rolling pin or spoon.
- Any metal caps, including screw caps, can be used for winter harvesting. Boil them necessarily, otherwise the product may sour.
- A very good option for preserving the freshness and benefit of blueberries for the winter is freezing. The berry must be prepared in the same way as for a hot billet. Be sure to dry on a paper or woven towel. Put in a plastic container and send in the freezer.
- Another option is to freeze dry blueberries on a large platter or wooden board, then pour them into plastic bags and put them in the freezer.
- Blueberries can be frozen with sugar or honey. To do this, put the berries in a plastic container, cover with sugar or pour liquid honey, cover and send in the freezer.
- Another great method is drying. Blueberries can be dried in the sun or at home, using the oven. The berry must be laid out on a sheet in a thin layer and dried with the oven door open at 50 degrees. From time to time, blueberries should be shaken or stirred. To store send dried berries in a linen bag and store it in a cool dry place.
- Compotes, infusions, and decoctions can be made from frozen or dried blueberries. Or just add to tea to taste.