Beef liver pate - general principles of preparation
Beef liver is a fairly versatile product, it's easy to prepare, and you can get many different dishes at the exit: liver cake, cutlets, liver in batter, stewed or baked. Do not forget about beef liver pate. If you are accustomed to exclusively shop pate, then a surprise awaits you — it is easier to prepare this dish at home, but to taste it will give you a hundred points ahead even the most expensive product from the store shelf.
Beef liver pate - preparation of food and tableware
The most important and irreplaceable product in this dish is beef liver. It is best to take fresh liver, but if you have frozen food available, it will also go - thanks to the heat treatment, the indigestible hard piece of ice will turn into a delicate dish. You will also need vegetables, cream and an egg for some recipe options.
Beef liver pate is most often prepared by baking in the oven. Serve as sandwiches or as a separate, stand-alone meal.
Recipes for beef liver pate:
Recipe 1: Italian Beef Liver Pate
Such a dish has only one drawback - it must be infused in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, and it is rather difficult to withstand this period of time. Otherwise, this dish has no minuses, some advantages: an unusual taste, satiety and usefulness!
- 460 grams of beef liver
- 170 grams of pork belly
- 1 large carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 eggs
- 75 ml of cream
- Beef liver should be washed and cut into pieces. Heat the pan, grease and fry the liver for about 10 minutes in the oil, stirring occasionally. Cool it down.
- Peel the onions from the husks, cut them. Wash carrots, peel and cut into pieces.
- In a blender, chop the brisket, liver and vegetables into a pasty state, add cream and an egg.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone mold and bake in the oven for forty-five minutes at a temperature of two hundred and twenty degrees.
- After this time, tip the pate on a plate and let it stand.
Recipe 2: Beef liver pate with dried tomatoes
You won't buy such a pate in the store, because it is prepared exclusively in Sicilian restaurants and served immediately after preparation. The dish is obtained with a rich taste and aroma.
- 460 grams of beef liver
- 150 grams of sun-dried tomatoes
- Fresh green basil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 160 ml of 15% cream
- Peel the onion and chop it.
- Wash the beef liver and cut it into pieces.
- Put the onions and liver on a hot frying pan, fry them, and then pour them with cream and simmer under the lid for ten minutes. Cool it down.
- Fold peeled garlic, tomatoes, basil, and liver with onions in the blender bowl. Grind to a mushy state. Pate is ready, it remains only to cool it and can be served.
Recipe 3: Beef liver pate “Mix”
For this recipe, you also need pork liver and chicken - such a mixture of various by-products will create an extraordinary taste.
- 220 grams of beef liver
- 200 grams of pork liver
- 100 grams of chicken liver
- 4 bulb bulbs
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Wash the liver, remove the films and veins, then cut into pieces.
- In a frying pan, oiled, put onions, and then add the liver. Fry the onions with the liver for about 15-18 minutes. Cool, and then grind in a bowl blender to a mushy state. Pate is ready! Refrigerate it in the fridge and serve.
Recipe 4: Beef liver pate with mushrooms and beef tongue
Another cooking option with an Italian touch is to add mushrooms to beef liver pâté and get a tasty spread for breakfast or lunch sandwiches!
- 420 grams of beef liver
- Beef tongue 1 piece
- 200 grams of champignons
- 1 carrot
- 1 bulb bulb
- Parsley fresh
- Cream 80 ml
- Place boiled beef tongue - it takes about 50 minutes by the time. After the product has cooled, remove the skin.
- Cut the washed liver into pieces.
- Mushrooms also need to be washed and cut. From the bow, remove the husk, chop it. Wash carrots and grate.
- Fry the liver with onions and carrots in the pan for about 15 minutes, then pour the cream over the mixture and cover with a lid. Remove from heat and cool.
- In the blender bowl, mix the mushrooms, parsley, beef tongue and liver with vegetables.
- Put the resulting mass into a mold and bake in the oven for twenty minutes at a temperature of one hundred and eighty degrees.
Recipe 5: Beef liver pate
- beef liver - half a kilogram;
- black pepper;
- two carrots;
- pinch of salt;
- butter - 80 g;
- lard - 100 g;
- 50 ml of milk.
We release the liver from the films and ducts, cut into small pieces and wash well.
With fat we cut off the skin. Cut it into small cubes.
Rinse the peeled onions and finely crumble. We clean carrots, we wash and we rub.
Put the pan on a large fire, lay out the fat in it and fry, stirring constantly, for about five minutes. We lay out chopped onion to the fat and fry for a couple of minutes. Now put the carrot and continue to fry, without stopping stirring, another five minutes. Then add pieces of liver, season with spices and fry over low heat for ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool the mixture, put it in a blender tank and grind to a pasty state. We shift the pate to a deep plate, pour milk into it and add soft butter. Well knead the mixture until smooth.
Recipe 6: “Road” beef liver pate
- two hens;
- bread crumbs;
- kg beef liver;
- lard - 200 g;
- half a kilo of flour;
- butter - 100 g;
- six eggs;
- onions - 60 g;
- white loaf;
- black pepper;
- bay leaf;
Gut my chicken, wipe with a napkin and nashpiguem lard. Fry in hot butter with shredded onion, ground black pepper and bay leaves. We spread the chicken on a disposable towel spread, cool, remove the meat from the bones and cut it into pieces.
We wash the liver, remove the film, remove the ducts and cut into small pieces. Fry in hot butter with chopped onions until golden brown. We pass it through the meat grinder. We soak bread in milk and wrap it in the liver. Season the mass with salt, ground nutmeg and drive in two eggs.
Knead dough of four eggs and flour. We bake the baking mold with margarine, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and lay out a layer of rolled dough. At the bottom of the form, covered with dough, lay out half the liver minced meat, lay the pieces of chicken on it and put the second half of the liver mass on it. Cover the paste with a second layer of dough, carefully pinch the edges and bake in the preheated oven for about forty minutes.
Recipe 7: Beef Liver Pate Polish
- half a kilo of pork belly;
- fine salt and black pepper;
- beef liver - 700 g;
- five peas of allspice;
- carrots - 350 g;
- two laurel leaves;
- three onions.
Carrot clean and wash. Wash the brisket, put in a pot of water and set on fire. Remove the foam and spread carrots to the bacon. Cook for another hour.
Beef liver washed under running water, cleaned from ducts and films. Rinse once more. We put in the pan with brisket, add here the same peeled and washed onions, bay leaf and peppercorns. We continue to cook for another half hour. We take out all the products of their pans and cool them. Twist everything twice through a meat grinder. Salt the resulting mass, pepper and mix well with a wooden spatula. Ready paste spread in jars and store in the refrigerator.
Recipe 8: Beef liver pate stuffed with butter
- kg of beef liver;
- fine salt;
- four eggs;
- black pepper;
- two onions;
- 60 ml of vegetable oil;
- Butter - 50 g.
Rinse beef liver, peel off all that is superfluous and soak in clean water for a couple of hours. We shift it into a saucepan, pour water so that it only covers the liver and boils for forty minutes, removing foam from time to time. We take out the offal on the plate and cool. Twice twisted in a meat grinder.
Peel, wash and chop onions into small cubes. Fry until browned. With the liver, mince. In the liver mass, add beaten eggs and soft butter. Salt and season with spices. Mix everything well.
Spread the paste on a food film in an even layer. Put a rectangular piece of butter on it. Using a film, form a roll, giving it the desired shape and thickness. Put the pate in the fridge. Before serving, cut into thin slices.
Beef liver pate - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
- Mexican beef liver pate - with red cayenne pepper. This version of the folk is great as a spread for dry bread as a snack for beer.
- If it seems to you that the hepatic mass is too rare, add a spoon or two flours to the ingredients.
- Beef liver pate can also be cooked in a slow cooker, though it will be different, more solid in consistency. Such a pate is served in France and is not smeared on bread, but cut into slices. The cooking mode is “General”, the time is 30 minutes, the temperature is 100-120 degrees.
- To add some flavor to the pate, you can add grated cheese to it before baking.
- The additive in the form of vegetables will help to make the taste of pate less saturated. Use carrots, cauliflower or broccoli. If you want to get a calorie and nourishing meal, pork, beef, bacon or bacon will “help” you.
- How to store pate if you cooked it a little more than you can eat at one time? Spread cling film on the table, smear it with pate, then roll up the roll and put it in the fridge.