Pudding for children - general cooking principles
Thanks to this invention of the English as pudding, a child can be fed with semolina or cottage cheese, which your fastidious child usually refuses to eat. And the kid will eat such a dish with pleasure, because pudding is an unusual dessert, tasty, and what is important, very healthy!
Pudding for children - preparing food and dishes
If you are cooking pudding for children, then the best way to cook is a water bath, which does not subject the product to strong heat treatment. The dish will be gentle, airy and light. Before preparing the dish, prepare the form for cooking (preferably silicone), and grease it with butter.
Children's Pudding Recipes:
Recipe 1: Pudding for kids
How does cottage cheese pudding differ from curd casserole? More delicate structure and more appetizing look, if, of course, properly cook it! For even greater airiness of the dish, it is recommended to whip the whites separately from the rest of the pudding mass. If you are cooking pudding for children, then take the best low-fat cottage cheese.
- Low-fat cottage cheese - 400 grams
- semolina 60-70 grams
- Milk 150 ml
- Chicken Egg 2-3 pieces
- Condensed Milk
- Blueberry 1/2 cup
- Soda 1 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Homemade curd cheese through a sieve.
- Pour raw semolina with slightly heated milk and leave to swell for 15 minutes.
- After separating the white from the yolk, beat the yolk into the curd, add the sugar, salt and mix with a blender.
- Wash the blueberries under running water.
- Beat the protein with a blender for about 5-6 minutes.
- Enter semolina, soda, slaked with lemon juice into the cottage cheese, mix, add with a spoon a thick white foam, blueberries and condensed milk.
- Pour water into a bulk pot and place on the stove.
- Pour the curd mass into a mold and put it in a saucepan where the pudding will be cooked in a water bath. The correct cooking time is 40-45 minutes.
- Serve cold pudding.
Recipe 2: Berry Pudding for Kids
This dish is also not subject to heat treatment, and therefore retains its beneficial properties. A special feature of berry pudding for children is a large number of berries, and therefore the dessert is not only tasty, but also useful.
- White bread crumbs 300 grams
- Berries (red and black currants, raspberries, strawberries, cranberries) - 500 grams
- Water 200 ml
- Sugar Powder
- Prepare a pudding form - it can be an enamel saucepan or a deep bowl. Lay the bottom and walls of bread. To do this, separate the crust and cut the crumb into thin slices of 1-1.5 centimeters. Put the bread in shape tightly, trying not to leave gaps. Lay out the bread, sprinkle it with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Prepare the berries. Wash them gently, put them in a saucepan and pour a glass of clean water to them. Bring the water to a boil and add sugar to the berries. Mixing, try not to crush the berries with a spoon - they should remain whole and only give a little juice. Let the berries are prepared in this way for 8-10 minutes. Cool the berry mixture.
- Spread the berries in the form of the bread. After finishing to the top, close the berries with bread - thus, the crumb should form a kind of shell, inside which there will be berries.
- Put the pudding in the fridge for 5-6 hours. During this time, the berries soak dessert juice, make bread soft, juicy and fragrant. After this period of time, remove the pudding from the refrigerator, cover the form with a plate and turn the pudding over so that the bread is soaked on top. Place the pudding again in a cold place for 3-4 hours.
- Serve the dessert, cut it and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Recipe 3: Chocolate Chocolate Pudding
For the most part, children love chocolate, but refuse to eat semolina. If it were the other way around! But you can use the addiction of children, and prepare them a chocolate dessert, combining in it the aroma of sweetness and the benefit of semolina. For chocolate pudding, use not confectionery cocoa powder, but real cocoa. Ingredients Required:
- Semolina 100 grams
- Milk 2 glasses
- Chicken Egg 3 pieces
- Sugar Powder
- Cocoa 1 tablespoon
- Black chocolate 1 tile (100 grams)
- Cook the semolina. Heat the milk in a saucepan and, when it boils, make a whirlpool with a spoon and pour semolina into it. Add sugar and salt, cook until thick. As soon as the porridge is ready, add a little vanilla and butter to it.
- Detail half chocolate bars into small pieces.
- Once the porridge has cooled, beat the eggs into it, enter the chopped chocolate and add the cocoa. Mix well.
- Pour the mass into the mold and cook the dessert in a water bath (placing the mold in a large container of boiling water) for about 40 minutes.
- Turn the finished pudding into a plate and cool it to room temperature. Melt half the chocolate bar and pour it into the dish.
- Put the pudding for children in the fridge for 2-4 hours, after which you can serve it.
Pudding for children - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
- In order not to destroy the delicate structure of the pudding, do not rush to shift it from the mold onto the plate, let it cool to room temperature.
- In order to make the ready dish look even more appetizing, do not forget about the decorations - candied fruits, chocolate chips, pieces of marmalade or marshmallow make the pudding for children even more attractive.
- If you are cooking pudding for children, do not put a lot of sugar. Children very quickly get used to the sweet “drug”, and they want it more and more. Better make the dish more fragrant by adding vanilla or cinnamon to it.