Feeding children of 1 year old is a process in which it is necessary not only to prepare tasty and healthy food, but also try to feed the little restless person.
To do this, all family members, household items, and sometimes fairy-tale characters can be involved.
But nevertheless, the success of feeding depends on how appetizing our dish will look and what taste it will have.
Today we will get acquainted with the best meatball recipes for children under 1 year.
Meatballs for children - the basic principles of cooking
First of all, I would like to note that this product is loved by both children and adults. Since it is very nourishing, tasty, fragrant and appetizing. But before you enter this dish in the diet of your child, you must remember that:
• it is recommended to give meat to children from 8 months;
• the child's food canal should be well developed;
• excess protein can load the kidneys;
• The one-year-old baby’s daily ration should be 80 grams;
• in case of allergies it is not recommended to add egg whites. They can be replaced with quail eggs;
• teach the child to solid food, Try to reduce the number of ground vegetables in the diet of a child who is more than 7 months. He must develop chewing reflexes.
The technology of cooking meatballs for children differs little from their preparation for adults.
• Broth is boiled twice:
- meatballs are poured into boiled water and boiled for five to ten minutes;
- then the water is poured out, a new distilled water is added, which should boil;
- In the new water, which boiled, meatballs fall and boil for another 10 minutes before putting the following products.
• They try not to use the grill, but in our article we will offer an interesting recipe for its supporters.
• Potatoes for soup is cut into small cubes to make it easier for the baby to chew. • Carrots and, if necessary, onions should be rubbed on the smallest grater. Some children do not like the kind of carrots and onions that they see in the soup. But you can show imagination and cut a carrot with an asterisk, a circle or a flower. This will cause the interest of the baby to a new dish.
• Spicy spices are not added.
Meatballs for kids is a versatile dish that can be cooked both first and second. And you can even boil a delicious soup, “extra” meatballs submit to any other garnish.
Variations of meat for stuffing can be different: pork + beef, beef + turkey, beef + veal, veal + rabbit, chicken, and you can use each of them in its pure form.
You can add to the basic recipe for meatball soup:
• noodles, noodles, spiderwebs. Now there are very interesting and diverse variations that may interest the baby. It is recommended to take fast cooking and fill it up 3 minutes before readiness. And if you have the usual stars or shells, then pour them after the potatoes.
• Figure. His child is injected into the diet at 7 months. But keep in mind that this cereal has fastening properties.
• Zucchini, cauliflower. Try to treat your child a soup with the addition of the above products. To do this, finely chop them into cubes and dip them in the soup immediately after the potatoes.
• Cheese. It is best to grate and finely grate it in the soup just before use. Cheese will give the dish a peculiar taste.
• Greens. Finely chopped parsley will give the soup not only color and flavor, but also various vitamins.
As a side dish for meatballs for 1 year old children, you can use mashed potatoes, thin porridge, mashed carrots, cauliflower or other vegetables, as well as various types of cereals.
Recipe 1. Basic Meatballs Recipe
• Beef - 100 grams
• Pork (nonfat) - 80 grams • White bread (crumb or roll) - 20 grams
• Egg white - 1 pc.
• Salt to taste
• Greens - optional
Beef and pork mince. Bread soak in water. In the resulting minced add soaked bread and egg white. Mix everything thoroughly. Form small balls and boil them in salted water with greens until tender.
Recipe 2. Baby Chicken Meatballs
• chicken breast - 200 grams
• potatoes - 100 grams
• milk - 60 ml
• chicken broth - 400 ml
• salt, bay leaf, greens - to taste
Unfortunately, the chicken is considered allergenic, so enter it after one year in the diet. Be sure to start with a small piece and watch the reaction of the baby.
Grind a chicken breast, passing it through a meat grinder or twisting it in a blender. Boil the potatoes. Add the milk and potatoes to the mincemeat and mix everything thoroughly. Form small balls and boil them in chicken broth, which is pre-salt and put bay leaf and greens in it.
Recipe 3. Meatballs with semolina
• pork mince - 100 grams
• ground beef - 100 grams
• quail eggs - 2 pcs. or 1 chicken egg
• semolina - 3 tsp.
In our recipe, we use ready-made minced meat, and you can cook it yourself. As always, it all depends on the time that Mom has.
1. Mix two types of minced meat.
2. Add eggs, salt to taste and the required amount of semolina, which will give a special tenderness to meatballs.
3. We form balls and boil in salted water until cooked. The resulting meatballs, if desired, turn into a soup, adding potatoes and carrots.
Recipe 4. Dietary meatballs for children
• tender beef pulp or turkey pulp - 200 grams
• milk (whole, medium fat) - 30 ml
• egg white - 1 piece • salt - to taste
1. Clean the pulp of lean beef or turkey from the film and vein.
2. Pass it through the meat grinder preferably twice.
3. Beat the egg white in foam.
4. Add milk, whipped protein, a pinch of salt to the resulting beef farmer and mix everything well.
5. Roll small balls and boil them in boiling water over low heat for 10 minutes.
Recipe 5. Stewed Meatballs
• Minced meat - 200 grams
• Egg - 1 pc.
• Salt to taste
1. Add egg and salt to any minced meat.
2. Roll out small balls.
3. Place them in a saucepan or pan with a small amount of water or broth, about half the height of the meatballs.
4. Simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes or use a steamer.
Recipe 6. Meatballs with “Gentle” cottage cheese
• Beef (raw or boiled) - 100 grams
• Cottage cheese (4.5%) - 2 tbsp.
• Egg - one
• Butter - 1 tsp.
1. Pass the meat through a meat grinder: boiled - 1 time, raw - 2 times.
2. Add cottage cheese, egg, butter, salt. If the child is allergic, use only the yolk, as the protein is more allergenic.
3. We mix everything very well and form balls the size of a small walnut.
4. Cook for a couple: from boiled meat - 10 minutes, from raw - 20-30 minutes.
Recipe 7. Meatball and Noodle Soup for Kids
Ingredients (for 1 liter of water):
Potatoes - 1 medium piece.
Carrots - 1 piece
Minced chicken (fillet + onion) - 200 grams of minced meat and one small onion head
Two noodles straws
Salt to taste
1. Put the saucepan on the fire with the required amount of water and bring it to a boil.
2. Mince meatballs
3. Put the prepared meatballs in boiling water and cook for five minutes.
4. Then pour the water from the meatballs with a colander. 5. Pour into a saucepan new water, bring it to a boil and drop the already cooked meatballs for another 10 minutes.
6. Cut potatoes into small cubes so that the baby can comfortably chew.
7. Carrot rub on the smallest grater.
8. In the broth in which meatballs are cooked, we fall asleep potatoes and carrots.
9. Salt to taste, a little under-salting.
10. After the potatoes are ready, add instant noodles and cook for another five minutes.
Recipe 8. Roasted Soup
Ingredients (per serving):
• Olive oil 1 tbsp.
• Water - 1 tbsp. + 200 ml
• Leek -1 small head
• Carrots - 1 small piece
• Bulgarian pepper (it is desirable to give it to a child who turned) - half peppercorn
• Potatoes - 1 middle piece
Cooking zazharki: in a saucepan, dilute olive oil and water in a 1: 1 combination. Add the finely chopped onion and grated carrots and pepper. Leave to languish on the stove for about 5 minutes.
1. Cooking meatballs in any way you like.
2. Pour 200 ml of water into a saucepan with a fry and bring to a boil.
3. In boiling water, throw potatoes cut into small cubes and prepared meatballs.
4. Cook the soup until cooked for about 20 minutes.
Recipe 9. Soup with meatballs, rice and cauliflower for children
• Beef (you can use any other kind of meat) - 300 grams
• Rice (pre-washed and soaked in water) - 100-120 ml
• Potatoes (small in size) - 1-2 pcs.
• Carrots (medium) - 1 pc.
• Small onion - 1 pc.
• Cauliflower - 300 grams
• Quail egg - 3 pcs.
1. We twist the beef and onions in any convenient way.
2. Add the eggs and mix the meat thoroughly.
3. Form the meatballs.
4. Clean the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
5. In boiling salted water, lower and boil for 20 minutes: - potatoes
- carrots (finely grated or chopped into flowers)
6. Meanwhile, boil meatballs for 10 minutes in another water and drain in a colander.
7. Wash and disassemble the cauliflower into florets.
8. 10 minutes before the soup is ready, we put the cooked meatballs and cauliflower blossoms into it.
Meatballs for Kids - Tips and Tricks
• Meatballs for meatballs can be bought already prepared, and you can cook yourself. It all depends on your abilities, desires and free time. The fact that at least you know what they put into it will speak in favor of self-cooked minced meat.
• If the minced meatballs turned out to be liquid, then add a little semolina to it. It thickens the texture, and the dish itself will give a delicate taste.
• Meatballs for children of one year can be cooked in advance and put them in the freezer. This will greatly facilitate the process of making dinner your restless baby. Before use, defrost them in hot broth.
• Try to collect the foam from the soup - it will make it transparent and improve the appearance.
• Do not offer yesterday’s soup to your baby.
• It is recommended that all meals for children of all ages be prepared immediately before consumption. So, they will retain their taste and vitamin properties.
We hope that the soup with meatballs will appeal not only to children of 1 year old, but also to your whole family! Enjoy your meal!