Meatballs - delicious little meatballs that can satisfy hunger and decorate any table.
Cooked on their own in a sauce or sauce, they are perfect for any side dishes.
But in combination with potatoes, meatballs turn into a nourishing, tasty, self-sufficient dish.
And this is great, because there is no need to figure out what to file them with, and there is no need to prepare something extra.
Meatballs in Tomato Sauce - General Cooking Principles
Meatballs are made from beef, pork or chicken mince, which can be cooked independently from a piece of meat or purchased at the store.
If you make the stuffing yourself, then try not to take clean flesh, add a little fat when twisting - so meatballs will get tastier.
If you buy minced meat, purchase the product only in verified places, where you are confident in the quality and freshness of the original product.
Further, so that the meatballs do not turn out to be too dense, they add raw or roasted shredded onions, grated cheese or bread dipped in milk. In order for the meatballs do not fall apart in a minced egg.
When the stuffing is prepared and thoroughly mixed, balls are formed from it. Meatballs are bits, a bit larger than a walnut, all that is larger in size is meatballs or meatballs.
Potatoes for dishes are chosen either young or loose varieties, so that he cooked with meat at the same time.
Mushrooms, eggplants, carrots, cheese, onions, garlic, tomatoes and many other ingredients can become additional ingredients of the dish.
Meatballs are cooked with potatoes on a stove, in an oven, in a slow cooker by stewing or baking. To give juiciness, they are poured with various sauces and gravies. For children, you can cook this dish for a couple. For this, shaped meatballs and sliced potatoes are lightly salted and spread on a special pan. Prepare a children's dish for 30 minutes.
To the hot served greens, fresh, pickled vegetables or light salads.
1. Meatballs with Potatoes in a Pot
• half a kilo of minced meat (both chicken and beef will do);
• one protein;
• 100 grams of tomato paste;
• two carrots;
• four potatoes;
• vegetable and butter;
• 300 grams of champignons;
• 60 grams of sour cream;
• salt pepper.
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
2. Carrots three on a coarse grater.
3. Shred the onion in thin quarter rings.
4. Mushrooms are washed and cut into large strips.
5. Fry in warm oil, first onion, then add carrots, and finally, mushrooms. Slightly add some salt, fry, stirring, until the liquid evaporates from the mushrooms.
6. Put the minced meat in a bowl, add spices and egg to taste. Thoroughly knead.
7. Form small meatballs.
8. Put the potatoes on the bottom of the pot first, then the fragrant frying, then lay the prepared meatballs on top.
9. Put in each pot a piece of butter, add spices, salt and herbs to taste.
10. Mix sour cream with tomato paste and a small amount of water, pour the mixture in all the ingredients in the pots.
11. Cook in an oven heated to 165 degrees for 40 minutes.
2. Meatballs with potatoes in tomato sauce in the oven
• 600 grams of minced meat;
• two eggs;
• 100 grams of white loaf;
• half a cup of milk;
• 100 grams of cheese;
• 300 grams of potatoes;
• parsley leaves;
• liter of tomato juice;
• 60 grams of tomato paste;
• salt pepper;
• vegetable oil.
1. First, pour the crushed loaf with milk, let it soften, and then squeeze. 2. Mix the minced meat with crumb, eggs, grated cheese and finely chopped greens. Add salt and pepper.
3. Chop the onion and pass. Add the roast in the stuffing.
4. From the prepared stuffing form small balls.
5. Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin circles.
6. Put the potatoes on a greased baking sheet, pour the mixture of tomato paste and juice, salt and pepper.
7. Bake the potatoes for 20 minutes at 180 degrees, then lay out the formed meatballs. For juiciness, you can pre-fry them in a frying pan until light blush.
8. Cooking at the same temperature for another 20 minutes, time about watering the ingredients with fragrant tomato sauce.
3. Meatballs with potatoes and vegetables
• 800 grams of minced meat (pork with beef);
• four potatoes;
• three eggplants;
• two sweet peppers;
• half a line of chili;
• three fleshy tomatoes;
• 250 grams of tomatoes in their own juice;
• 150 grams of loaf;
• to taste garlic, salt, pepper;
• Basil greens and cilantro;
• vegetable oil;
1. Cut the peeled potatoes into slices.
2. Cut the washed eggplants into cubes. Slightly fry them, spread on a napkin.
3. Cut the peppers into wide strips, fry them in the same pan.
4. Tomatoes boiling water, remove the skin, cut into cubes.
5. Add the minced bread soaked in milk into the mince, then put the egg, salt and pepper. Knead. Form the meatballs.
6. Roll off each meat ball in flour, fry in warm oil until tender crust.
7. Put tomatoes and tomatoes in a saucepan in own juice, add chopped garlic, chili and herbs, spices to taste and salt. Simmer the sauce for 6-7 minutes.
8. Put potatoes on the bottom of the stew pan, next layer of eggplants and peppers. On top of carefully lay out the meatballs, pour all the ingredients in boiling sauce, cook over medium heat with a moderate gurgle for 30 minutes.
4. Meatballs with potatoes and cheese
• 400 grams of minced meat;
• 200 grams of tomato paste;
• a pound of potatoes;
• a slice of white bread, milk;
• 250 grams of grated cheese;
• olive and butter;
• salt, pepper, parsley.
1. Rub cheese on a fine grater. 2/3 set aside, put one part in the stuffing.
2. We also drive an egg in here, put chopped parsley leaves, bread, previously soaked in milk.
3. We form small meatballs with wet hands.
4. On a mixture of olive and butter, fry the shredded onion, pour in half a glass of water and tomato paste. Add salt and spices, simmer until softened vegetable.
5. In a baking dish with an even layer, line the potatoes cut into cubes, add some salt.
6. Put the meatballs on top, pour all the tomato sauce.
7. Bake the ingredients for half an hour at 170 degrees, then carefully remove the baking sheet, sprinkle the meatballs with potatoes with the remaining cheese. Cook at 180 degrees for another 15-20 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
5. Meatballs with potatoes in sour cream sauce
• kilogram of potatoes;
• kilogram of minced meat;
• 300 g sour cream;
• salt pepper.
1. Mix sour cream with a glass of water, chopped herbs, salt and pepper. Heat the mixture, but do not boil it.
2. In the stuffing we drive in an egg, put salt to taste, knead. Form the meatballs.
3. We put the meat balls on a greased baking sheet, between the meatballs we lay the quartered potatoes.
4. Sprinkle the potatoes with spices and salt, pour the whole with sour cream sauce.
5. Cooking 30-40 minutes at 160 degrees.
6. Meatballs with cream and mashed potatoes
• 600-700 grams of minced meat; • egg;
• a glass of cream;
• 100 grams of crushed crackers;
• kilogram of potatoes;
• 200 ml of milk;
• a piece of butter;
• salt, spices;
• a glass of meat broth;
• two spoons of flour.
1. Drive an egg into mince, put crackers and browned onions into the mass. We salt, we pepper, carefully we mix forcemeat to a gentle consistence.
2. We spread on a greased baking sheet, cook, turning from time to time, 20 minutes.
3. Fill with heated sauce made from a mixture of broth and cream with flour and soy sauce. Bake another 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, clean the potatoes and boil in salted water until soft. Add salt and pepper to taste, pour in warm milk, put a piece of butter. Puree.
5. Put the mashed potatoes on a plate, next to put the meatballs, pour all the fragrant creamy soy sauce.
7. Meatballs with potatoes in a slow cooker
• 1.5 g potatoes;
• 600 g minced meat;
• two carrots;
• large onion;
• to taste salt, garlic, spices;
• bay leaves;
1. Add minced garlic, salt and pepper to the minced meat, mix.
2. Having wetted hands in water, we form small meatballs.
3. We spread the prepared bits in the butter heated in a multichash, fry on the “Frying” mode from all sides.
4. Remove the meatballs on a plate.
5. In the same oil, lay out chopped onions and grated carrots, fry in the same mode.
6. Add the half-finished meatballs, diced potatoes.
7. Fill all with boiling water. The amount depends on how thick we want to get meatballs with potatoes: like roast or stew.
8. We switch the multicooker to the “Quenching” mode, prepare for 1 hour.
9. 10 minutes before the beep, salt and pepper the dish, put bay leaves. 10. Before serving, let the meatballs draw on the “Preheat” mode for 10 minutes.
Meatballs with Potato - Tips & Tricks
• Cook meatballs from freshly prepared minced meat, chilled or pre-thawed.
• To make meatballs neat and beautiful, shape them with slightly wet hands, scooping up the required amount of minced meat with a spoon.
• Meat balls can be prepared from delicate twisted minced meat, and from chopped.
• In order for the meatballs not to fall apart, it is recommended to knead the stuffing for a long time and thoroughly and before shaping it should be removed for 20-30 minutes in a cold place.
• Thanks to pre-roasting meatballs, the dishes are juicier and more aromatic.
• Juicy meatballs attached to browned onions, add it to the stuffing before cooking.
• Meatballs are cooked fairly quickly, so it is recommended to cut potatoes smaller.
• Use spices and herbs to add special flavors to the dish.
• Meatballs with potatoes can be served in such an unusual way: meat balls in sauce and French fries. Children will definitely like this dish, and adults too.
• Gravy and sauces add interesting notes, experiment and try different combinations. Potatoes and meat are versatile products that are combined with any gravy: sour cream, cream, cheese, tomato and others.