Small, neat cupcakes proved so loved by children and adults that they even deserved their own name - muffins. Unlike products of more usual sizes, muffins began to be filled with various additions. It turned out a whole family of pastries with sweet and vice versa nourishing “fillings”.
Muffins with sausage, cheese, ham, greens are perfect, if children are capricious and refuse a hearty lunch. Well, “for dessert” you can give the same cupcakes, only now with the appropriate addition. For example, with cherry.
Cherry Muffins - General Cooking Principles
• Muffins are baked in the oven, in special metal or silicone tins for baking small cupcakes. The most convenient large compound forms, in which there are several grooves for cupcakes.
• The dough for such baking is very easy to prepare and even the most inexperienced cook can handle it. The main thing is to strictly follow the recipe and follow the basic rule of mixing such a test - bulk and liquid components are mixed separately in two different containers and only after that they are combined. In this case, be sure to add the liquid mixture to the dry, but not vice versa.
• The dough for muffins with cherries can be kneaded with sour cream, kefir, yogurt, milk with cottage cheese or sour cream. Dietary muffins baked from dough on cottage cheese with oatmeal.
• Eggs, cherries, granulated sugar and a special dough-ripper must be put in the muffin dough. In this capacity, both baking soda and factory baking powder, commercially available. Often chocolate (black or white), nuts or a cream prepared according to a special recipe is added to it and flavored with vanilla.
• Cherry for muffins can be fresh, dried or frozen, which must be thawed beforehand. The berries are added to the dough in whole or in pieces. They are placed with kneading or added to the dough already laid out in forms.
• Forms must be lubricated with vegetable oil or grease and line their bottom with parchment paper, which is also well lubricated. Often in the form of put special paper blanks, molds, commercially available. • Forms with dough for muffins put only in a hot oven, and bake at the temperature specified in the recipe. Baking on average takes from 20 to 30 minutes, but it depends on the oven.
• Ready-made pastries are removed from the molds only after cooling and, if desired, decorated.
Cheese Muffins with Cherries
• pitted cherries - 150 gr .;
• 70 g sugar;
• 150 ml of pasteurized milk;
• 72% high-quality butter - 60 g;
• 9% curd without grains - 150 gr .;
• two eggs;
• 5 gr. baking powder for dough;
• 200 gr. wheat flour;
• on a small pinch of nutmeg powder, salt and vanillin (sugar).
1. Put the cherries in a colander and leave in it to get rid of excess moisture. Melt the butter on a slight heat and then cool.
2. Grind the curd into a bowl through a sieve and dilute it with milk. Add butter, break eggs and mix the curd mass thoroughly.
3. In a separate dish, cross the flour and mix it with a ripper for dough. Add vanilla and plain sugar, add nutmeg and mix well.
4. Pour into the flour curd mass and mix thoroughly with a whisk or spoon. Add the cherry and stir the dough again.
5. Fill two-thirds of the small silicone molds for the cupcakes with cottage cheese dough, transfer them to a baking sheet, and immediately place them in a heated oven.
6. Bake cheesecake muffins with cherries for about half an hour at 200 degrees.
Dietary oat muffins with cherries
• 100 gr. fresh or frozen (pitted) cherries;
• 200 gr. low fat cottage cheese;
• low fat sour cream - 2 tbsp. l .;
• one fresh egg;
• a glass of oatmeal for instant cooking;
• tablespoon of buckwheat honey;
• soda, as ripper;
• vanilla or vanilla sugar.
1. Drain the cherries well in a colander.
2. Mix the grated curd with sour cream and egg. Add oatmeal, add 4-5 pinches of soda and, after stirring carefully, let the mixture stand for a quarter of an hour.
3. Then add honey melted on the steam bath. Salt by adding a small pinch of salt to the dough. Pour in vanillin, put down the dried cherries and mix well. 4. Pour the prepared dough in silicone molds, lubricated with vegetable oil and put in a hot oven. The recommended baking mode is 180 degrees.
5. After 25 minutes, the wonderful “Dietary Muffins with Cherry” will be ready.
Cornmeal Muffins with Cherry Flour on Kefir
• Baking white flour - 150 gr .;
• 125 gr. corn flour;
• 240 ml of warm 2.5% kefir;
• eggs - 1 pc .;
• 150 gr. fresh cherries;
• 60 ml of lean refined oil;
• two teaspoons of baking powder;
• 100 gr. sugar, white;
• vanilla (powder) - to taste.
1. Rinse the cherry under the tap and remove the bones from the berries. Cut each berry in half and place on a sieve.
2. Combine both types of flour and double sieve on a sieve together with baking powder, fine salt and vanilla, add sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with slightly warmed kefir. Pour in the vegetable oil and beat again vigorously. Pour the mixture into a bowl of wheat and corn flour and stir. Try to break every lump of huddled flour. It is more convenient to do the whisk, slightly beating the mass.
4. Mix the dough with the half of the cherries and pour over the margarine-greased tins.
5. Bake muffins when heated 200 degrees for a quarter of an hour.
Chocolate Muffins with Cherries - “Golden Mean”
• half a cup of melted “Peasant” butter;
• one chicken egg;
• 250 gr. white baking flour;
• 120 gr. pitted cherries;
• one and a half glasses of high-calorie sour cream;
• granulated sugar - 150 g .;
• half a cup of cocoa powder;
• teaspoon baking baking powder;
• vanilla - 1 pod;
• chocolate “droplets” - half a cup.
1. Re-flour with the ripper. Add cocoa powder, salt, grind vanilla pod and sugar. Pour the chocolate “droplets” and mix all the loose ingredients well.
2. Separately, beat the cream with the egg and gradually, without stopping stir, add the melted butter to the mixture.
3. Then in a sour cream mixture, in small parts, pour in the mixed dry ingredients and, beating well, leave for half an hour to “infuse”. 4. Muffins for baking muffins grease with butter or margarine and put in them the cooked chocolate dough. In the center of each mold, place a cherry and lightly “submerge” it.
5. Bake chocolate muffins with cherries in the oven at 190 degrees, 20 minutes.
Cherry Muffins with Sour Cream with Berry Juice
• one and a half glasses of homemade yogurt
• wheat flour - 550 gr .;
• fresh or fresh frozen cherries;
• three chicken eggs;
• sugar - 180 g;
• two tablespoons of refined sunflower oil;
• two spoons of starch;
• melted butter, 72%, butter - 60 grams;
• rippers - 1 tsp. factory “Baking powder” and half of this amount of soda;
• a quarter tsp. salts;
• powdered sugar;
• full spoon blackcurrant or cherry juice.
1. If the cherry is fresh frozen, defrost it beforehand. Be sure to remove the seeds from the ripe ones, but first rinse the berries well and dry.
2. Mix the bulk components well: sifted flour, salt and starch.
3. In a separate bowl, beat not until foam eggs. Pour into them yogurt with cold melted butter, berry juice and mix thoroughly.
4. Then pour loose powder into the liquid mixture and beat well with a whisk, carefully observing the uniformity of its consistency.
5. Lubricate the appropriately sized silicone molds with any fat and pour the dough into them. It should fill each, only one third of the volume.
6. Then put on the dough in each mold two cherries, and add them with the remaining dough, not filling up to the edges by about one third.
7. Bake cherry muffins for 20 minutes at 190 degrees. After, lay out the products from the molds and cool them with icing sugar.
Muffins with cherry and cream
• 200 ml of pasteurized cow milk;
• incomplete tablespoon of flour;
• 70 gr. sugar refined sugar;
• 10 gr. vanilla sugar;
• one raw egg and yolk.
• cream margarine - 180 grams;
• eggs - 2 pcs .;
• full glass of sugar;
• one and a half glasses of high-quality flour;
• 10 gr. baking powder for dough;
• ripe fresh cherry 150-200 gr. Cooking Method:
1. Pour granulated sugar for cream into a small bowl. Add the yolks and flour separated from the proteins and rub well with a spoon until the crystals dissolve.
2. Separately boil the milk and pour it in a thin stream with constant stirring into the egg mixture. After that, beat the mass well. It should be smooth and uniform.
3. Put the cream on a small fire and boil, stirring constantly, until it thickens well. Then remove the pan with the cream from the heat, add vanilla to it and cool it by placing the container in another one filled with cold water.
4. When the cream is prepared, proceed to kneading the dough for muffins. With a mixer, beat the whites with 1/3 of the sugar into the foam.
5. Separately with the remaining sugar, whip the butter, add the yolks and beat again well. Carefully add the whipped proteins to the oil mixture and gently mix everything with a spatula, no longer beating.
6. Then add the flour mixed with the ripper and mix gently. The result will be a non-liquid, fairly thick, but at the same time loose batter.
7. Molds for baking muffins moisten with vegetable oil. At the bottom of each place a circle of oiled parchment.
8. Then put a little cooked dough, on it a teaspoon of the remaining cream and cover it with dough.
9. Do not fill the forms with the dough to the edges, it should not reach them by about an centimeter.
10. Put some cherries on top, lightly “submerge” them in the dough and put the muffins to bake when heated to 190 degrees. Duration is 20-25 minutes.
11. Ready muffins still warm, remove from the forms and remove from them circles of paper.
Muffins with cherry, nuts and white chocolate
• dried cherry - 60 gr .;
• 60 gr. walnut kernels;
• a large bar of white chocolate;
• one egg;
• small (teaspoon) spoon ripper;
• 120 gr. sugar refined sugar;
• 100 ml of medium fat cream;
• wheat flour - 300 gr .;
• 125 ml of homemade milk;
• thick homemade cream, or butter - 100 gr.
1. Dilute sour cream with milk. Pour the melted and slightly cooled butter there, break the egg and beat it with a whisk or a mixer. 2. Stir the sifted flour with the ripper, pour in the sour cream mixture and beat the dough well.
3. Add a small crumb of walnut kernels, small pieces of white chocolate. Put dry cherries and mix thoroughly with a large spoon.
4. In the molds for cupcakes, place the purchased paper bases of a suitable size and spread the dough over them. Put nuts and cherries on top as decorations.
5. Bake cherry muffins with chocolate and nuts for 20 minutes while heating 180 degrees.
6. Finished products slightly cool directly in the forms. Then remove and transfer to the grid.
Cherry Muffins - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• Cottage cheese cake for muffins on cottage cheese dough is better to take without grains. But if this is not found, grind grainy on a very rare sieve.
• Be sure to mix the dry and liquid components separately and then mix them up by injecting the dry mixture into the liquid. This is a kind of "highlight" cooking muffins.
• Lubricating the molds with oil, do not coat the sides. Products will rise better, and their top will be neat, slightly convex.
• The dough should fill up to 2/3 of the volume of the form.
• If special paper blanks were put in the molds, do not remove them from the finished products. This is very convenient, especially if the pastry was prepared for children. Exception, if you plan to decorate muffins. In this case, the paper should be removed.
• The top of the muffins can be decorated with icing, pour over chocolate or covered with mastic, rolled out with a very thin layer.