The lentil beans, familiar from the Old Testament legends over the millennia, have not lost their taste or dietary qualities.
Lenten lentil soups are obligatory in the monastic menus, but for those who do not adhere to so serious austerities, there is also a recipe for taste.
Like all other legumes, lentils are in harmony with spicy spices and vegetables, and the taste of greenery not only “clogs” the specific lentil, but, on the contrary, the young shoots of dill, cilantro, parsley, onion perfectly decorate soups and their appearance and taste.
Lenten Lenten Soup - General Cooking Principles
• Normal lenten lentil soup should not be fat, and cooked in the post - contain meat, fish, dairy products and therefore these soups should be cooked in water or vegetable broth.
• But in special cases: with a special diet or certain fasting days, it is permissible to add vegetable oil in a slightly larger amount and allow it to be cooked with lean meat.
• Lentils in themselves are rich in nutrients, but for greater satiety and nutritional value, bulgur, couscous, chickpea, mushrooms and all sorts of fresh vegetables are usually added to these soups, which saturate the lentil lenten soup with vitamins.
• Bulgur is boiled water, dried and then crushed wheat, and couscous is cereal made from manna. Such cereals can now be found on the shelves of almost any store.
• Lenten lentil soups are very nutritious, despite the complete absence of animal proteins and fats, and cooking them is easy and simple.
• Lentils do not require long boiling, and each of its types has its own taste. Thus, the green beans of the legume culture have a mushroom flavor and cook for no more than 25 minutes, brown, spicy aromas and delicate nutty flavors are cooked for no more than half an hour, and “red”, red, with a special sweetish flavor, should be cooked no more than a quarter of an hour.
• Depending on the type of cereal chosen, the ordering of products in boiling vegetable broth or purified water is observed. • Soup is left as usual or crushed with a blender, resulting in a lenten lentil soup.
• For the greatest saturation of lentil soup with vitamins in large quantities in it at the end of cooking or when spilling on plates add greens.
Lenten Lenten Soup with Bulgur
• 500 grams of ripe tomatoes;
• one pepper green peppermint;
• 50 ml of vegetable oil;
• bitter onion head;
• 100 gr. brown lentils;
• 100 gr. wholemeal bulgur;
• dried mint - a little more than a teaspoon;
• fine salt;
• ground pepper, black.
1. Wash the tomatoes and place in boiling water for half a minute, peel the skin, and chop the flesh with a blender or grind through a small colander.
2. Sweet pepper half lengthwise, remove the stem, remove the core with the seeds, and cut the juicy flesh into cubes. In the onion, remove the husk and chop a smaller one with a knife.
3. In a deep saucepan, heat the vegetable oil and lightly brown the onion in it. Add the flesh of the sweet pepper, continue to fry.
4. After six minutes, put the puree made from tomatoes in a saucepan to the vegetables and simmer with a little heat, under a lid for seven minutes.
5. Add bulgur and red lentils which have been sorted, washed and slightly dried on a sieve, pour in from one and a half to two liters of filtered cold water, quickly bring to a boil. Reduce heat and continue to cook the soup for fifteen minutes, allowing only a small boil.
6. Dip the dried mint in the soup, salt it, add the pepper to your taste and protome on the smallest fire for eight minutes.
Lenten Lenten Soup with Couscous
• 750 grams of tomato fleshy varieties;
• one onion;
• four small garlic teeth;
• a small pod of red chili peppers;
• sweet yellow pepper - 1 pc .;
• 100 grams of lentils;
• 100 grams of couscous, dried packaged;
• high-quality olive oil - 2 tablespoons;
• 1 tsp. cumin (zira);
• a large bunch of parsley garden. Cooking Method:
1. In a well-heated olive oil to browning fry the garlic, onion, and ground and chopped “Chile”, finely chopped with a knife, to fry.
2. Peeled tomatoes are crushed in a meat grinder or blender and add to the pan to the fried vegetables, cover tightly with a lid and simmer for ten minutes.
3. Transfer stewed vegetables to a pot of boiling water (at least 2.5 liters), boil and cook for five minutes.
4. Add broth to vegetables, thoroughly washed couscous and lentils, season with jura, boil the soup for another twenty minutes. Pepper to your taste with black pepper, add salt.
5. Chop up the parsley, without stems. Pour tomato lentil soup into plates, add greens.
Lenten Thick Lentil Soup
• two peppercorns of sweet pepper, red and yellow;
• 200 grams of lentils;
• a small bitter onion;
• carrots - 1 pc .;
• ripe fleshy tomatoes - 2 pcs .;
• a small clove of garlic;
• 2 tbsp. l crispy parsley;
• table salt “Extra”, hand-ground black pepper, to taste;
• ground paprika - one tablespoon.
1. Slice the carrots into thin slices, thin the onions into large pieces, remove the core with the seeds from the sweet pepper, and chop the flesh into thin strips. Remove the skin from the blanched tomatoes in boiling water and finely chop them.
2. Bring two liters of purified water to a boil, put carrots, onions, peppers and cook for twenty minutes at the lowest possible heat.
3. Add the lentils washed in cold water under the tap, put into a pan with vegetables and continue cooking for forty minutes.
4. Dip the chopped tomatoes into the pan, add the paprika and, boiling for 5 minutes, pour the almost ready soup into the blender bowl. Add a clove of garlic and chop everything into mashed potatoes.
5. To your taste, add salt, pepper, pour into the same pan and heat for at least a couple of minutes.
6. Finely chopped greens are added to the plates when serving.
Lenten Lenten Soup with Mushrooms and Vegetables
Ingredients for two liters of liquid (water):
• a pound of frozen mushrooms, any;
• one pepper perchina, red;
• small celery root;
• carrot, medium size;
• two tomatoes, fresh;
• lentils - 100 grams;
• 300 grams of potato varieties;
• one tablespoon of finely chopped fresh greens;
• five peas fresh black pepper;
• Lavrushka - one small leaf.
1. Thawed mushrooms previously in air, not in water, mushrooms, dip in boiling water and cook for half an hour from boiling.
2. Rinse all the vegetables well, spread the sweet peppers long, remove the seeds with the stem and cut into small strips. Celery, carrots and onions chop the straw is not very large.
3. Fry all prepared vegetables with a minimum amount of vegetable oil for five minutes, add diced tomatoes, and continue frying for another three minutes.
4. In the broth with mushrooms, dip the thoroughly washed and lightly dried lentils, and after seven minutes, add the potatoes, cut into thin cubes.
5. When the potatoes are cooked until half cooked, transfer roasted vegetables from the frying pan to the saucepan with the soup, add the peas, pepper, lavrushka, add a little salt and cook, checking the readiness of the potatoes.
6. Sprinkle greens on the lentil soup, cover with a lid and stir for another two minutes on the lowest heat.
Spicy lentil lentil soup with chickpeas
Ingredients for four servings (900 ml of water):
• 200 grams of dry chickpea;
• 150 grams of lentils, preferably red;
• fresh ripe tomatoes - 400 grams;
• cumin dry, good quality - 1.5 tsp;
• half a teaspoon of “Chile”, dry, ground;
• sweet lettuce;
• a small handful of fresh (finely chopped) cilantro or any other greens.
1. In a saucepan, preferably with a double, thick bottom, with the smallest heat, warm the cumin seeds with ground “Chile” for no more than two minutes. Pour in vegetable oil and fry minced red onion in it for five minutes. In the process of frying, periodically mix the onions with spices so that the zazharka does not stick to the bottom, and the onions are well roasted on all sides to a delicate golden brown color. 2. Add the sifted, well-washed lentils, lightly dried in a colander, cut into small pieces of tomatoes, pour in all the liquid and bring the contents of the pan to a boil.
3. Reduce the heating level so that the soup does not boil much, and continue to boil for a quarter of an hour, then chop the soup into a puree in a blender.
4. Add pre-soaked overnight, and then boiled until cooked chickpeas and cook the soup for five minutes. Salt with fine salt.
5. Pour the chopped cilantro, or other greens, and remove the finished soup from the heat.
Lenten Lenten Soup - Tips and Tips
• It is possible to eliminate the fat content in the soup, if the vegetables are not spasserated, but simply boil along with the rest of the ingredients. The taste of the soup itself will not suffer, and dietary properties will increase.
• If the lentils are poured with cold water and allowed to stand for half an hour, it will cook much faster.
• It is recommended to salt the lentil soups at the end of cooking so that the bean seed is better and faster to boil.
• Lenten lentil soup will be much more satisfying if cooked on low-fat types of meat or fish. For cooking lean soups, they usually take lean veal, white chicken meat or sea fish fillets, river fish are more fatty and not all types of fish are suitable for lean soup.
• The type of lentil is best picked, given the type of cooking soup. Green lentils are best suited for mushroom soups, it is recommended to put brown grains in spicy soups, and to put red grains in vegetable soups.