They say that every hostess has an exceptional taste of borscht. This is nothing, imagine how many variations of fish soup exist! After all, it is prepared separately and jointly, and each composition of the fishing team is a separate version of the camp brew.
Perhaps the most discussed moment is cereals, their varieties and quantities. There are two main options: pearl-barley or millet, and about one-sided supporters. You can argue endlessly - what products go to the tab, you can definitely say this: if you got the spoons to the bottom of the pot, everything was prepared correctly.
Ear with millet - general principles of preparation
• Millet can be added to any soup, regardless of the variety of fish from which it is cooked: river or sea. The principle of cooking is no different from the classic version, and its taste depends largely on the quality of the fish and the properly cooked broth.
• In the preparation can be used not only whole or sliced pieces of carcass. Boiled from the heads and tails of large fish ear with millet is no less tasty and satisfying. The main taste of the dish depends, in addition to the fish, on the properly cooked broth and the quality of millet groats.
• If you purchase weight millet, pay special attention to its color. In high-quality cereal grains matt, pronounced yellow. Brilliant-looking millet in cooking is not used, they feed the birds. If you add it to your ear, it will taste bitter. In packaged packages of such cereals, as a rule, you will not meet, but you shouldn’t take it “with closed eyes”. Look carefully at the contents of the package so that it does not have a cereal moth.
• Wuhu with millet for a brighter taste of the dish is complemented with vegetables: carrots, potatoes, onions, tomatoes or sweet peppers, although they are often cooked without potatoes. Culinary specialists have a special rule for cutting vegetables for fish soup - the less ingredients are included in its composition, the larger they are cut. • Millet is added during the broth boiling process, when the potato has reached the state of semi-ready. If prepared without it, the cereal is poured over 20 minutes before the dish is ready. The grains must have time to soften and not razvaritsya. Otherwise, the broth will become cloudy.
• Salt and season with fish soup at the end, a couple of minutes until tender. Greens are added together with spices or sprinkle with it the ear already spilled on the plates.
Ear with millet and tomatoes - “Home”
• a pound of oily and large sea or river fish;
• potatoes - 3 tubers, medium size;
• two fresh tomatoes;
• millet (groats) - half a cup;
• onion head;
• allspice peas - 4 pcs .;
• two umbrella carnations.
1. Gutted, peeled and sliced fish, dip into freshly boiled water (3 liters) and wait for the re-boiling. In the process, be sure to remove the foam, otherwise the ear will turn out to be muddy. After about 40 minutes, when the fish is fully prepared, put the pieces in a separate bowl and cover it with a lid.
2. Strain the fish broth through the gauze folded in two layers, transfer to another pan and quickly bring to a boil.
3. Scald the tomatoes with boiling water, cool them by placing them under a stream of cold water. Carefully remove the peel from the tomatoes, cut the flesh into medium-sized slices. Potatoes cut into thin, small size, sticks, onions - medium-sized, slices. Rinse the millet in cold water, transfer the cereal to a sieve to dry.
4. In a boiling fish broth, lower the potatoes, onions and tomatoes. With a slight boil, tightly closing the lid, boil the vegetables until half cooked. Add the dried millet, continue cooking until the potatoes soften.
5. Separate the fillet of boiled fish from the bones and dip in the ear for a minute until cooked. At the same time, season the soup with spices, add salt, dip carnations into the umbrellas washed with water. 6. Before serving, let your ear stand for ten minutes so that it absorbs all the flavors of the spices.
Recipe of soup with millet, tomatoes, bell peppers and eggs in Hungarian
• two heads of large fish;
• 400 gr. fish fillets;
• two onions;
• fresh tomatoes - 2 pcs .;
• one Bulgarian pepper;
• one third of a glass of millet;
• spoon of butter;
• a raw egg;
• spices “For fish dishes”;
• fresh dill.
1. Remove the gills from the heads and rinse them thoroughly under running water. Especially carefully inspect the places where the gills. Put the heads in the pan, pour into it two and a half liters of cold water and boil.
2. From the boiling fish broth, remove all the foam, dip into it a couple of peas of allspice, peeled onion and lavrushka. Slightly reduce the heat and, without covering the lid, cook for 20 minutes. If foam appears, do not forget to clean it.
3. Cut the peeled tomato flesh into medium-sized pieces, the bell pepper flesh and potatoes - into a short straw.
4. Grind the remaining onion, fry in butter until characteristic, golden brown. Then add the tomato with the chopped tomatoes, stir, heat a couple of minutes and turn off the heat.
5. Remove from the broth head, strain the liquid on a fine sieve or folded with several layers of gauze, pour into a separate pan. Put on intense fire.
6. When it boils, put potatoes with bell peppers, leave to cook on medium heat until half cooked. Then pour the washed millet, lower the fillet pieces, season with the ear with spices, add salt.
7. In a small bowl or cup, make an egg well with a fork and, with a thin stream, stirring the broth intensely, put it into the ear.
8. When serving, sprinkle some finely chopped greens on each plate.
Ear with hake millet and pumpkin
• pumpkin pulp - kilogram;
• 600 gr. hake or any other marine fish;
• a pound of potatoes;
• onion head;
• Bay leaf;
• five sprigs of young parsley;
• medium sized carrot;
• half a cup of millet.
1. Cut the pumpkin into large pieces, fold into a saucepan and cover with a liter of water. With an intense fire, wait for boiling, then, reducing the heat, boil for twenty minutes.
2. While the pumpkin is boiling, boil two liters of water in a separate pan. Put small pieces of carrot, large slices of potatoes, chopped onion into boiling water. Add a bay leaf and, waiting for the re-boiling, pour the washed millet. Cook at a moderate temperature, not allowing the broth to boil vigorously.
3. Gutted and peeled carcass cut into pieces. Blender grind pumpkin, right in the water in which it is boiled.
4. Ten minutes after the millet was poured into the water, lower the pieces of the hake into the pan. Boil the ear for a quarter of an hour, constantly removing the foam. Add cooked pumpkin puree and bring to readiness, languishing at a minimum of heating, for ten minutes.
5. Add chopped parsley, salt to the prepared soup, stir, and let stand for at least ten minutes.
Ear of pike perch with millet without potatoes - “Double”
• a pound of small river fish;
• large onion;
• small parsley root;
• half a cup of millet groats;
• a bunch of greens at the discretion of the cook (dill or parsley);
• small pike perch carcass.
1. Put the gutted and well-washed fish in the pan with the heads. When cleaning, be sure to remove the gills from the heads, otherwise the broth will become cloudy. Two and a half liters of cold water, pour the fish, cook from boiling over low heat for forty minutes. 2. Strain the finished fish broth into a clean pan, re-bring to a boil. In a pan of boiling broth, lower the thin half-rings of the carrot, cut the onion and parsley root in half.
3. After twenty minutes, put in the boiling broth, cut into pieces the pike perch carcass, pour in the millet, thoroughly washed with cold water. Cook at a minimum temperature, uncovered, until fish is cooked. Foam will form on the surface, remove it.
4. Sprinkle the prepared soup to your liking, season with ground pepper. You can add some spices “For fish dishes”.
5. Pour finely chopped greens into each plate already when serving.
Recipe for rich soup with millet in chicken broth
• chicken carcass, weighing about 800 grams;
• one large onion;
• kilogram of oily river fish;
• three potatoes;
• millet - third of glass.
1. Wash the chicken with cold water and place it whole in a large saucepan. Put the parsley root cut into large slices or strips and the onion cut in two. Pour all three liters of water and put on a moderate fire.
2. After waiting for boiling, remove foam from the surface of the chicken broth. Slightly lower the temperature, cover and continue cooking for about an hour. Put the finished chicken, and use at its discretion, for the soup, it is no longer needed, and strain the broth into a clean pan.
3. Wash out the gutted fish, especially around the abdomen, and place it in lightly boiling broth. Cook at medium heat, not forgetting to remove the foam, about half an hour.
4. Put the finished fish in a plate, cool and cut into portions.
5. Put potatoes into cubes and boil until half cooked. Add the millet, continue cooking until the potatoes are soft.
6. Put pieces of boiled fish in your ear, add them to it, add chopped greens, and bring to a boil, remove from heat.
A simple recipe for soup with millet for multicooker
• fatty sea or river fish - 700 gr .;
• potato - 3 tubers;
• bitter onion head;
• one and a half tablespoons of thick cream or butter;
• small carrot;
• Lavrushka - 1 sheet;
• millet groats - 50 gr.
1. Put one and a half tablespoons of oil in the cooking bowl. Add the finely chopped onion, pour in the carrot, chopped on a large grater. On a baking or frying program, rescue the vegetables until soft.
2. To the fried vegetables add thin sticks of potatoes, pieces of fish and millet, washed with cold water.
3. Filling the products laid out in the bowl with cold water to one centimeter to the maximum mark. Salt, add Lavrushka and spices.
4. Set the timer for 50 minutes, run the “Soup” or “Cooking” program.
Ear with millet - cooking tricks and useful tips
• The broth will turn out to be more rich, and, accordingly, the ear is tastier if you use several varieties of fish in cooking.
• To make the ear with millet transparent, you should remove the foam from its surface not only during the primary boiling process. “Var” can be formed after each bookmark of new products.
• Fish will keep juiciness if laid in boiling liquid. It is equally important not to digest it.