For whatever you need sponge cake: serve as a pastry for tea, build a cake, cake or roll, prepare your amazing dessert, you will undoubtedly need a good recipe for biscuit. A simple set of ingredients, a minimum amount of time, a time-tested recipe - you will be able to conquer family and friends with your culinary masterpiece.
Classic sponge cake in the oven - general principles
You will need three main components: flour, sugar, eggs.
Take the flour of the highest grade, be sure to sift it a couple of times through a sieve, thus saturating it with oxygen. Put the flour in the beaten eggs in small portions, make sure that no lumps form.
Eggs must be fresh. It is best to separate the yolks from the proteins ahead of time to knead the dough. The yolks should be the same temperature as the rest of the ingredients, but put the whites in a freezer for a few minutes before beating, so they will beat up much better. If you forget to cool the proteins, just add a pinch of salt or lemon juice during the whipping.
Sugar for biscuit take the most common - white. Brown and other varieties will not work. When mixing this component into the bulk, make sure that all the particles are dissolved.
The remaining ingredients of biscuit may vary depending on the recipe and taste preferences of the hostess.
Recipe number 1. Vanilla sponge cake: a classic recipe in the oven
· Half dozen chicken eggs;
· Flour - 1 glass without a hill;
· A pack of vanilla;
· 6 large spoons of sugar without a hill;
· Some butter to lubricate the form;
· Cinnamon for dressing - 20 g.
1. Separate egg whites from yolks.
2. Beat whites until firm foam.
3. Without stopping, add sugar in small portions.
4. Without turning off the mixer, add the egg yolks to the resulting fluffy stable protein mass. 5. Slowly pour the flour (of the highest grade), stir with a spoon until a homogeneous thick consistency.
6. Pour the vanilla, mix well.
7. Put the prepared biscuit dough into a container, oiled, send to a red-hot oven for 45 minutes at a temperature of 190 degrees.
8. Cool the finished sponge cake, cut it into portions, sprinkle with cinnamon.
Recipe number 2. Classic honey sponge cake: recipe in the oven
· 200 grams of granulated sugar;
· 12 tablespoons of flour;
· Egg - 4 pieces;
· 100 grams of honey;
· 20 grams of soda;
· Acetic acid - 10 drops;
· A piece of butter to lubricate the form.
1. In a clean, dry bowl, whip proteins with sugar into a strong foam.
2. In a small metal container to melt honey.
3. Add soda with vinegar to the honey and keep the mixture on low heat until light brown.
4. Add one part of the whipped proteins to the yolks, stir and pour the prepared flour.
5. Add melted cooled honey and the remaining protein mass, mix well.
6. Cover the baking dish with parchment, brush with butter and put the dough, put in a preheated oven and bake for half an hour at a moderate temperature.
7. After 30 minutes, open the oven and check for readiness with a wooden stick.
8. Cut baked classic sponge cake with honey into several cake layers and make a cake.
Recipe number 3. Classic sponge cake in the oven with dark chocolate and walnuts
· 4 eggs;
· Bitter chocolate - 140 grams;
· Flour - incomplete glass;
· 6 large spoons of sugar;
· Peeled walnuts - 2 handfuls;
· 60 grams of butter.
1. Separate the yolks from the proteins.
2. Beat the yolks together with sugar and sifted flour for a few minutes until smooth.
3. Melt the bitter chocolate in a pair, cool slightly and pour into the yolk mass, beat a few minutes (in case of using cocoa powder, pour it into the dough along with the flour). 4. Grind the peeled walnuts in a blender and also pour into the whipped yolks.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the whites to a dense foam.
6. Stir whipped whites into the yolk mass, stirring well in the bottom-up direction.
7. Put the prepared dough in a greased form, send in a red-hot oven for 50 minutes.
8. When serving, cut the biscuit into small squares, sprinkle with cinnamon, or cut it into two equal cakes and form a cake.
Recipe №4. Sour cream sponge cake: classic recipe in the oven
· three eggs;
· A half of packing of butter;
· 1 handful flour;
· 12 large spoons of sugar;
· Slightly more than half a glass of sour cream of average fat content;
· Baking powder for dough (or soda) - pinch.
1. Put lightly melted butter in the cup, add sugar, beat until white air mass.
2. In the creamy mass to enter the eggs and pour the sour cream.
3. Mix the prepared flour with soda or baking powder, pour into the mass, mix well for five minutes.
4. Grease the baking dish with oil and pour in the dough, level the surface.
5. Put the dough into the red-hot oven and bake for one hour at a not very high temperature.
6. After 50-60 minutes, open the oven and pierce the biscuit with a wooden stick, if it is dry, then baking is ready.
7. Use ready made sponge cake as a biscuit or make a cake from it.
Recipe number 5. Classic biscuit in the oven on kefir
· 3 eggs;
· Butter - 130 grams;
· Sugar - 250 g;
· Defatted kefir - 250 ml;
· Flour - 400 grams;
· Salt, soda - on a pinch;
· A pack of vanilla;
· Acetic acid - 7 drops.
1. Beat in a bowl the right size eggs, sugar, butter.
2. Sift the flour into a clean, dry container, add baking soda with acetic acid to it, mix well. Pour the mass into the beaten eggs, mix again.
3. Add vanillin, salt to the dough, mix well. 4. At the very end, pour kefir, stir again. The dough should have a slightly watery consistency.
5. Cover the baking tray with parchment, pour in the cooked dough, send it to the red-hot oven for half an hour at a temperature not higher than 200 degrees.
6. Cut baked chilled classic sponge cake on kefir into cakes, saturate it with sugar syrup and smear it with any cream, decorate as desired.
Recipe number 6. Classic crumbly sponge cake in the oven
· Half dozen chicken eggs;
· 3.5 large spoons of flour and potato starch;
· Icing sugar - 200 grams;
· Vanillin - half a pack;
· Some butter for greasing the form.
1. 40 minutes before making biscuit, put eggs out of the fridge so that they warm up a little. Separate the whites from the yolks.
2. In a container to the yolks pour sugar powder half the required amount, grind until a yellowish color and a thick consistency.
3. To grind with powdered sugar yolks pour flour, pre-mixed with potato starch.
4. Beat the whites with a gradual addition of powdered sugar to them: first whip at a slow mixer speed, then increase slightly and continue beating for a few minutes until an airy white mass is stable.
5. Beat the whipped protein mass into the yolk mixture, slowly stir it upwards.
6. Prepare the thick dough of yolks and proteins in a baking dish, oiled in advance. Send in a hot oven for 45 minutes at a moderate temperature.
7. When serving, cut sponge cake into squares three centimeters wide and three centimeters long and sprinkle with powdered sugar or smear with some kind of cream.
Recipe number 7. Classic banana sponge cake in the oven (lean, without eggs)
· Five overripe bananas;
· One and a half glasses of sifted flour;
· 100 grams of sugar;
· 130 ml of vegetable oil;
· Salt - pinch; · Vinegar-soda soda.
1. Mix the sugar with the flour and salt.
2. Add hydrated soda, pour in sunflower oil, mix well.
3. Peel bananas and knead them in a mush with a fork or blender.
4. Add banana puree to the prepared flour mass, stir with a mixer at maximum speed until homogeneous.
5. Put the dough in a greased form, bake at 160 degrees for about 40 minutes.
6. When serving, cut the biscuit in portions, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Classic sponge cake in the oven - tips, tricks
What to do, that the biscuit turned out lush and airy, not a donkey:
· Beat the whites separately from the yolks to a stable foam, first at low speed, then at high speed. Do not overdo it, whipped squirrels should be airy, but not weighted.
· Be sure to completely dissolve sugar.
· Sift flour and other dry ingredients: baking powder, soda, cocoa, vanillin.
· Pour the dough into a carefully oiled form or onto an oiled parchment sheet.
· Expose the dough pan to a well heated oven.
· Do not open the oven during cooking, even for the first 20 minutes.
· Allow the biscuit to rest in the form of 10 minutes after cooking.
· Soak and grease the sponge cake after it has cooled completely.
· Ready-made sponge cake prepared according to the classic recipe, served in a cold form, as an independent dessert. Or used to make cakes, pastries: cream, soak, fruit, berry or nut filling will make an ordinary biscuit a unique delicacy. Enjoy your meal.