Festive sandwiches - general principles of cooking
No matter how rich the holiday table is, the sandwiches are indispensable. Light eatery, beautifully decorated food is perfectly combined with both the first and second courses, and is suitable for those who do not want to make their stomachs heavier with salads or side dishes. Sandwiches are loved by both children and adults, and therefore cook them a little more and the best of several types - with fish, meat or sausage, cheese.
The main feature that distinguishes the festive sandwiches from the traditional - this design. Even if you combine cheese and sausage on bread, but decorate it with olives and greens, you will already get an unusual and attractive dish. As decoration, use lettuce, slices of tomato and cucumber, parsley and basil, olives, shrimp. It is best to fasten decorative elements with skewers.
Festive sandwiches - preparing food and dishes
For holiday sandwiches, use a thinly sliced city loaf or a French baguette, but it is better to refuse ordinary bread. In addition, prefer cheese spread (for example, “Viola”) instead of butter - the taste of the usual ham sandwich will begin to play in a new way. If you use oil, it is better to get it in advance from the refrigerator. For holiday sandwiches, bread should be sliced very thinly, and therefore the frozen butter will simply “refuse” to be spread.
Stock up in advance to skewers - otherwise vegetables or a piece of cheese will not be fixed, and fall from a sandwich to a dish. Even if you do not use complex decorative elements such as large fruits or vegetables, still “hook up” sandwiches with a skewer. Guests, taking sandwiches from the plate, can catch the rest and disturb the integrity of the dish, depriving it of appetizing.
Which dish is best for serving festive sandwiches? Do not small things - let it be a fairly wide flat porcelain plate, the best white. Holiday Sandwich Recipes:
Recipe 1: Festive caviar sandwiches
Is it possible to imagine a festive table without sandwiches with red caviar? Of course not! Champagne and caviar - the most delicious combination. In order to make the sandwiches tasty and externally, we will decorate them with a leaf of lettuce and green olives. Do not use spread instead of butter - you will spoil the taste of the dish. Caviar is best to buy coarse-grained - such eggs "explode" when you read them.
- City loaf
- Red caviar, coarse-grained, 1 can
- Butter 1/2 packs
- Green olives without stones 10 pieces
- Lettuce Leaf
- Cut the loaf into thin slices.
- Grease each slice with a layer of butter - non-greasy, otherwise the butter will kill the delicate taste of caviar and make the sandwich too heavy for the stomach.
- Wash the lettuce and cut into half the size of a sandwich.
- Each oiled sandwich should be covered with lettuce on one side.
- Put a spoon of red caviar on a sandwich and spread it with a spoon.
- On the part of the sandwich where the salad lies, put the olives and “pin” it to the sandwich with a skewer.
Recipe 2: Holiday Sandwiches with Ham
The “highlight” of this dish will be the decoration in the form of black olive and use cheese instead of traditional butter.
- City loaf
- Ham meat 400 grams
- Pasty cheese (like “Viola”) 1 can (200 grams)
- White Sesame
- Black olives without stones 10 pieces
- We cut the city loaf into slices.
- Each slice of bread rolls generously cheese.
- Sprinkle the cheese with white sesame - it will add some piquancy to the festive sandwich.
- Cut the ham thinly, twice the size of the sandwich.
- Roll each ham slice in half and place on the cheese.
- Wash the parsley and divide into sheets.
- Put a few pieces of parsley on the ham, and an olive on top. Pin the olive to the sandwich with a skewer.
Recipe 3: Chicken Breast Festive Sandwiches
Boiled chicken breast is a fairly dietary product, and it may even seem tasteless. But in the right feed, the breast will seem incredibly tasty. Sandwiches will be decorated with green grapes.
- City loaf
- Boiled chicken breast 400 grams
- Pasty cheese 1 pack (200 grams)
- Cucumber 2 pieces
- Green Grapes
- Cut the loaf into slices.
- Grease each slice with cheese.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into thin slices. Put the cucumber on the cheese.
- Cut the cooled chicken breast into thin slices.
- Put the chicken slices on the cucumber.
- Wash the grapes. Put a grape on each sandwich and fasten it with a skewer.
Festive sandwiches - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
- If you are used to the fact that meat or sausage is tasty only with vegetables, then you are mistaken. Feel free to combine meat products with fruit in festive sandwiches. For example, chicken can be used together with pineapple slices or grapes, ham goes well with orange and pomegranate, cheese - with white and pink grapes.
- One can find “fish oil” in stores - ordinary oil mixed with caviar of inexpensive varieties of fish. This oil has a pleasant taste and aroma. Use it for holiday cheese and fish sandwiches.